11-5 and miss playoffs maybe? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

11-5 and miss playoffs maybe?

I remember looking at the teams schedule last year and saying "Yes, we control our own destiny, all we have to do is pull out 3 of these next 4 easy wins" and what happened? We tanked it... This team is not ready for the playoffs and not going to be ready for a while with the mentality of "play to not lose". I really can't enjoy this last win because we showed that the Steelers will have their way with us like Rothlesburger had his way with that 16 year old girl.... Stop looking ahead to the end of the season... 10-6 is a pipe dream... we'll be lucky if we get to 8-8... look at the rest of our schedule....

Steelers -Tough team
@Bengals -Not easy at there place
@Ravens -Top 1 or 2 D in league
Titans -A lot weapons 3-2 right now
Chicago -Tough team 4-2 right now
@Raiders -Always a tough team to play in Oakland
Browns -Playing tough teams this year and not getting blown out
@Jets -Dont really need to say much here
Bills -Lets hope this is a W
Detroit -Getting stronger and stronger every week not should have a better record right now
@Patriots -Always a tough game

There's 10-11 games to be played, it's too early to start thinking playoffs. Alot can change btw now and 5-6 weeks from now.

As much as I hate to say this... Couldn't agree more with junc..

There's 10-11 games to be played, it's too early to start thinking playoffs. Alot can change btw now and 5-6 weeks from now.

this is so true.. remember in 2008 - the bills started 5-1, then lost 4 straight, then won one, then lost three staright - and finished 7-9.. That gives me some hope that you guys will someway, somehow, screw up :D

this is so true.. remember in 2008 - the bills started 5-1, then lost 4 straight, then won one, then lost three staright - and finished 7-9.. That gives me some hope that you guys will someway, somehow, screw up :D

We aren't the Bills.

Honestly, i believe its going to come down to tie-breakers and conferance records this year instead of overall wins. Think multiple teams will own very similar records and some will get in while others "just" miss.

Right now you can pretty much lock Indy winning their division, and either Baltimore or Pittsburgh winning theirs(with the loser locking up a wildcard slot). You could call those 3 teams the "first tier", if you will. After that it gets hazier.
While i believe we still have a very good chance of winning the division, for sake of the argument ill New York will grab the east(which im not sold on at all), with Kansas City grabbing the west. I'd look as those teams as a second tier, meaning they can get hold of the titles...but it wouldnt be surprising if they got knocked out.
After that you have teams that can either knock out the leaders without surprise, slip into wildcard, or completely fall apart. I'd put Miami in that catagory, with Tennessee, Cincinnati, Houston, and San Diego.

Being realistic, it will be a major upset if we beat Pitt or Balt. But the games we absolutely have to take care of are teams such as the Patriots, Bengals, and Titans. Tough and grinding, but hardly impossible. If we can win the head to head match up's with those teams in our "tier", and take care of the games we realistically should have no problem with(Oakland, Cleveland, Chicago, Buffalo, and Detriot), then we can lock up a wildcard berth with a 10-6 record. Just up to us to take care of business and winning games we should.

I think it's really early to tell, as some teams start off hot and cool down, while other teams (usually Miami) start slow or average and then take off afterwards. I think 10 wins gets the wild card and 11 wins gets the division, although it really will be a 3 team race throughout the season for the AFC east. Lots of competition in the NFL (AFC) this year and many teams will be competing for the WC spot.

I cant see pitt, ne, jets, or ravens losing 4 more games barring major injuries. Those teams are too good and too well coached. Which gives us a slim margin for error. Could easily see a scenerio with pitt and jets div champs and ne and ravens at 11-5 or 12-4. Which would make us have to go 11-5 or 12-4 and have tie breakers against said teams. And guys were fans we can look ahead. Let the players take each game one at a time. The teams fate isn't decided by our looking into our playoff crystal ball.

so i guess you like the chances for 3 playoff teams from the afc east also...division winner and both wildcards...

we'll see...but we've put ourselves with those 2 divisional home losses in an uphill climb...

We'll have a much better idea if we are ready to be contending for the playofff this coming weekend. If we can pull out a victory against the red-hot Steelers at home, then I'd be buying the possible playoff hype. If we get beat with the prospects of still playing the Pats and Jets at their place . . . . . Tall order.

I remember looking at the teams schedule last year and saying "Yes, we control our own destiny, all we have to do is pull out 3 of these next 4 easy wins" and what happened? We tanked it... This team is not ready for the playoffs and not going to be ready for a while with the mentality of "play to not lose". I really can't enjoy this last win because we showed that the Steelers will have their way with us like Rothlesburger had his way with that 16 year old girl.... Stop looking ahead to the end of the season... 10-6 is a pipe dream... we'll be lucky if we get to 8-8... look at the rest of our schedule....

Steelers -Tough team
@Bengals -Not easy at there place
@Ravens -Top 1 or 2 D in league
Titans -A lot weapons 3-2 right now
Chicago -Tough team 4-2 right now
@Raiders -Always a tough team to play in Oakland
Browns -Playing tough teams this year and not getting blown out
@Jets -Dont really need to say much here
Bills -Lets hope this is a W
Detroit -Getting stronger and stronger every week not should have a better record right now
@Patriots -Always a tough game
]

steelers- agree will be a tough game, we do have a chance
bengals- ur right that no road game is ever easy, but if we lose to the bengals i will be furious, they rlly arent good at all and palmer blows now.
ravens-playing in their place will be tough, out of the next 3, i think this will be the toughest bc its a road game and they have lots of weapons on offense and reed will be back
titans- we should win at home, i dont care about wat their record or stats say, ive watched them play plenty, they dont scare me
chicago- they ****in blow, ignore the 4-2, be smart and dont be fooled i promise
oak- oakland has looked a tad better but we will be coming off 10 days rest. also, oakland hasnt really played anyone good yet. the best team record was they played was tenn and got blown out, and they did beat san diego in oakland, but san diego is also 2-4 with losses to seattle, kc, oakland, and stl. not the elite teams of the nfl
vs cle- if we lose, this place will shutdown
at nyj- will be a tough game, but when we play the jets, games are always so close. one mistake can be the difference in a win or loss here
vs buff- no reason we should lose, but i did read a stat, whether it means something or not, that in the last 9 games following jet games, fins r 0-9
vs det- no pushover anymore, but we r home, we will need the game, no excuse to lose
at ne- will be tough, but who knows if new england needs the game or not?

Good grief. People really believe we have a chance to win 11 games.

clear.gif

11-5 gets us to playoffs hands down. no question. no stopping us.

Good grief. People really believe we have a chance to win 11 games.

We currently have 3 wins. Personally, as i mentioned above, i believe 10 wins are good enough to enter the playoffs due to the parity around the league this season, but ill play along with 11 wins.
Coming up, not only do we play some of the worst teams in the NFL(Oakland, Detroit, Buffalo, Chicago, and Cleveland) but we play them while they could be using back up or rookie quarterbacks. Not only that, but we play 4 of the 5 at home. The one team we are not playing at home? Oakland. Im not to concerned about snow playing a factor. Chicago is the only team that could be called good(though i would argue that), and we match up excellently against them. While any of those teams could certainly pull off an upset, lets go ahead and say "we feel confident winning those games". Thats 8 wins right there.

Outside of Pittsburgh and Baltimore, we have: Cincinnati, Tennessee, New England, and New York. You "really" believe we have no shot against any of those 4 teams? All of them have weaknesses, some of them glaring. And, barring injury, we will be the healthiest weve been all year by the Titans game(at the latest). We only would need 3 to get the 11 win total.

Back
Top Bottom