11-5 and miss playoffs maybe? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

11-5 and miss playoffs maybe?

We currently have 3 wins. Personally, as i mentioned above, i believe 10 wins are good enough to enter the playoffs due to the parity around the league this season, but ill play along with 11 wins.
Coming up, not only do we play some of the worst teams in the NFL(Oakland, Detroit, Buffalo, Chicago, and Cleveland) but we play them while they could be using back up or rookie quarterbacks. Not only that, but we play 4 of the 5 at home. The one team we are not playing at home? Oakland. Im not to concerned about snow playing a factor. Chicago is the only team that could be called good(though i would argue that), and we match up excellently against them. While any of those teams could certainly pull off an upset, lets go ahead and say "we feel confident winning those games". Thats 8 wins right there.

Outside of Pittsburgh and Baltimore, we have: Cincinnati, Tennessee, New England, and New York. You "really" believe we have no shot against any of those 4 teams? All of them have weaknesses, some of them glaring. And, barring injury, we will be the healthiest weve been all year by the Titans game(at the latest). We only would need 3 to get the 11 win total.
bingo, u hit it right on the head.

i remember a week ago or so, i made a thread as to why its realstically attainable to reach 11 wins and a wildcard.

i was going game by game and i wrote for the bears game how i think they r not good and how they have no offense whatsoever. 2 people responded to me , mocking me saying how they stopped reading when i said that, basically calling me an idiot for that. apparently, im not the only one who sees chicago ****in blows big time and has no offense.

as for 11 wins, this is wat i said in my thread also. ur dead on. it really isn't going to be that difficult. we r a good team and i don't really fear anyone.

What you fellas looking at the Jets Schedule or New England Or Baltimore's, I'm pretty sure that the jests and cheatriots have to play the same opponent we do, and what is scary about B-more? and is the jests are really the cream of the crop. Let's discount the AFC west, miami could get in as 9-7, it will be tough for us to win the division but they can work on that wildcard.

Im still keeping hope that we will win @ Jets and @ Rats... I mean if we go 2-4 in the division, we better win every other one of our games and go 12-4 or we wont be playing in any postseason games
EXACTLY!!! The rest of these games are just setting us up for the rematch. At this point we can play to a point where we win those two games and get back in the race or we can play ourselves out of any chance at the post season. But make no mistake we have to win both of those road games at NY and NE to have any chance this year at the division.
We need to sweep the steelers and ravens to have a shot at the wildcard. I really don't think it is possible to overcome the hole we put ourselves in by losing two home divisional games but we will have to start winning vs the good teams or it won't matter. You have to beat the best to be the best. Right now we haven't and aren't.

The next 4 games we play will potentially count as 2 wins or 2 losses depending on the outcome, as all the next 4 teams we play maybe in contention for a wild card later down the road possibly.

If we want to have any kind of chance these games are must-wins:

a) Jets and Patriots, in order to tie the head-to-head
b) so-called 'inferior' teams because playoff-teams beat those: @Raiders, Browns, Bills, Lions

You noticed? These are the last six games on our schedule which are all must-wins. If we lose one of those games we don't even deserve to be in the playoffs, IMHO.

This leaves us with the next five games which will decide where we're going: Steelers, @Bengals, @Ravens, Titans, Bears.
Three home games. Take care of the home games and we have 12 wins. So, if we're going 3-2 the next five games, I'm fine with where we are because like I said: if we lose one of the last six games, we are not a contender anyway.

Do I believe we are able to pull this one off? I have no freakin idea but I certainly hope so. That's why I'm watching on Sundays....

If we want to have any kind of chance these games are must-wins:

a) Jets and Patriots, in order to tie the head-to-head
b) so-called 'inferior' teams because playoff-teams beat those: @Raiders, Browns, Bills, Lions

You noticed? These are the last six games on our schedule which are all must-wins. If we lose one of those games we don't even deserve to be in the playoffs, IMHO.

This leaves us with the next five games which will decide where we're going: Steelers, @Bengals, @Ravens, Titans, Bears.
Three home games. Take care of the home games and we have 12 wins. So, if we're going 3-2 the next five games, I'm fine with where we are because like I said: if we lose one of the last six games, we are not a contender anyway.

Do I believe we are able to pull this one off? I have no freakin idea but I certainly hope so. That's why I'm watching on Sundays....
**** ya we are able to pull this off. **** 3-2 in the next 5 games, how bout 5 and ****in 0.:hump::up:

Looking at the powerhouses of the afc a 11-5 record may not be enough. Cant see the jets, steelers, pats or ravens doing worst than 11-5. Whats crazy is a 9-7 or 8-8 afc west champ or afc south champ may make it instead of us or any of the above mentioned teams. How many of you would call this season a failure if we went 11-5 and missed the playoffs.
Do you realize we talk about this every year????
Lets go 11-5 and see where we sit. I will take 11-5 Now and take my chances!

Back
Top Bottom