#2 up for grabs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#2 up for grabs

I would give our 1st, 2nd and maybe a player...maybe one of our defensive vets (not Thomas or Taylor) to get Calvin Johnson
As for Quinn...I wouldn't trade up too far for him, with his stock slipping. I'd look to trade with Tampa Bay, Arizona, or Washington to get Quinn.
Good point. To trade up and get Quinn, we wouldn't have to go all the way up to #2.

I got it! Lets trade our 9th pick for there 2nd and we throw in Harrington...he might be the guy to turn their franchise around!

CJ or Thomas would be the only guys I would move up to the 2 spot to grab....I think Quinn will go top 5 so we may be looking at Ginn Jr.

But is there anybody really worth trading the 9th pick, second round pick, third round pick and likely a 2nd round pick in 2008 for the #2 spot?
Not in my opinion. Before I get slammed- I'm NOT saying that there aren't quality prospects in this year's draft. For that price, though, there isn't anybody even close.

I would give our 1st, 2nd and maybe a player...maybe one of our defensive vets (not Thomas or Taylor) to get Calvin Johnson
As for Quinn...I wouldn't trade up too far for him, with his stock slipping. I'd look to trade with Tampa Bay, Arizona, or Washington to get Quinn.

I read somewhere that the Skins wanted to trade out of their spot to get extra picks.

Calvin Johnson would easily be worth it. He is going to be a special player. He's easily the best WR prospect since Larry Fitzgerald, who is working out pretty well for Arizona. In fact, Johnson might just be a better athlete than Fitz. CJ is in a league of his own compared to all other WRs in the draft . . . not that there isn't some talent on the list after him.

I would be thrilled if we traded up for CJ. We would have two truly special offensive weapons in him and Ronnie, and we could let Mueller work his magic with a young QB in the later rounds of the draft while we get as much out of Culpepper as we can over the next few seasons.

I am for drafting defense at #9, but if we could pull this off I feel it would totally be worth it. I think anyone who is going around saying we have to draft offense in the first should be for this move.

Detroit wants to trade down,that basically means that if the Dolphins want someone bad enough they could get him. They would need to want him real bad because it would be expensive.

do you have a link for this or is it just wishful thinking on our behalf for CJ/JT?

But is there anybody really worth trading the 9th pick, second round pick, third round pick and likely a 2nd round pick in 2008 for the #2 spot?

No, but Joe Thomas as our franchise left tackle is worth our 9th pick, a second this year, and our third next year...

Back
Top Bottom