#2 up for grabs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#2 up for grabs

calvin johnson is the best player in this draft if we have any chance of landing this kid we need to pull the trigger quick...

I'll say this. As much as I want to draft Quinn, even if we have to trade up to get him - this price would be too much IMO!

I agree, we need help on the OL, at CB and OLB too badly to be giving away our picks. If Quinn's or Russell are there at 9 great, if not, get someone in the next round (Stanton comes to mind).

GO PHINS~!

Id have an orgasm if we somehow got Calvin Johnson.

we have no QB, an aging defense and a crappy OL

hey lets spend all our picks on a WR

brilliant!!!!!

I think Joe Thomas is gonna fall,,the guy is not considered to be in the realm of an ogden,boselli or pace, those guys went tipe five and deserved it.

Joe thomas is not in that class.

i don't care what anyone says,detroit is not going to take an offensive player at no. 2,,they have chosen offense the past four years strait.their fanbase would go balistic,,they will choose a defensive player,,WATCH.

I hope mueller is set on Ginn,,,,,,GINN N TONICS FOR EVERYONE BABY!!

i don't care what anyone says,detroit is not going to take an offensive player at no. 2,,they have chosen offense the past four years strait.

It's straight, and I didn't realize that Ernie Sims almost got Defensive Rookie Of The Year while playing OFFENSE! That speaks leaps and bounds about his ability!

i AGREE..

For the record,.
I say that we trade DOWN ( but not to far) and stock pile some picks

A sane thought after reading all the previous posts

The price will be to expensive...WE SIMPLY HAVE TO MANY NEEDS THAN TO DRAFT 1 PLAYER IN THIS DRAFT NO MATTER HOW GOOD HE MAY BECOME

Why would anyone REBUILDING a team with so many needs
trade 4 draft picks(or 3 picks and 1 starter ) for anyone is beyond me.

If anything do as Stefins says and trade down and aquire MORE picks

This topic isn't for teams in the Dolphins position. We have a ridiculous amount of FA's and very little cap room. If we made a move like this we would become the laughing stock of NFL.

Teams like Pittsburgh and the Colts, who have 1 or 2 needs going into the next year and just need a playmaker to get them a notch higher can consider such things. If anything we need to trade down and get more picks.

Now there's a scary thought huh? The Colts with Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas. And then what if they found a way to sign Adalius. Whew! waking nightmare....

I smell bull****....no link.

Lions | Team would like to trade down in NFL Draft
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 09:59:01 -0800
Tom Kowalksi, of MLive.com, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/16/nfl">Detroit Lions are hoping to trade down in the first round of the 2007 NFL Draft. The Lions currently hold the No. 2 overall selection in the draft.

**** yeah, if trading up to #2 results in us drafting Calvin Johnson, im all for it. Every team should be fighting for the chance to draft this guy. If it happens, then we can get a QB in the later rounds. This is the only guy i would trade up for.

Love to have CJ, but the price is far too steep.

we have no QB, an aging defense and a crappy OL

hey lets spend all our picks on a WR

brilliant!!!!!

No QB - We have Culpepper for a few years at least. He should be fine. We have Lemon who, this year, will be as good as any rookie we draft and is reuniting with his old offensive coordinator. And we have Mueller who can grab a QB on the second day to groom.

Aging defense - I agree this is something we have to pay attention to, but it's not as if we haven't drafted a lot of young, talented defensive players in recent years (Allen, Daniels, Crowder, Roth, Vickerson, Wright). We also got younger by swapping Madison for Will Allen. So while this is a concern, I don't think the sky is falling, and it's not as if two draft picks is going to make a drastic difference. I think we should target Adalius Thomas in free agency and develop our young DL guys more.

Crappy OL - Again, I don't know if a couple of picks is going to solve this problem. And again, it's not like we don't have some young, talented guys on the line. Great lines take time to develop and are rarely solved by simply drafting a player.

I partially agree with all of your concerns, but I also am seeing a clear distinction between people on this thread. Unlike some, I really don't think we are rebuilding. We can be competitive now, and we should be making every effort to do so considering we only have a few more good years left out of Zach and JT. Now I'm not suggesting we sell the farm just to get the flavor of the month. I think Calvin Johnson is going to be a top player in this league, and I think it's likely that he will have an immediate impact for whatever team drafts him.

As much as I am a fan of the guy, Chambers has had his chance. I know he just went to the Pro Bowl two years ago, but I also remember that season. He was inconsistent early on and then came on at the end. He also was the beneficiary of a lot of yards and TDs late in 4th quarters. Calvin Johnson will likely be a much better receiver than Chambers ever will. If we can make a push for him, I say we do it. And why not trade Chambers to get a draft pick back while we are at it?

Back
Top Bottom