2004 Nfl Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2004 Nfl Mock Draft

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
No Jaj, a mock draft is supposed to represent who a team will draft and where. These have nothing to do with now and will change then. That's why they always say it's early and these predictions will change. How are these teams supposed to know what these kids can do against other kids who are NFL talented?

The interviews, combines, invitation games and other things have not even taken place. Ben Roethlesberger could go to the Senior Bowl and struggle with the speed and athleticism of kids who are actually good and those two seconds he has to make a play become one and a half. The window that is open closes and he has trouble making the throws.

What if he does poorly in his interview? This could cause him to fall. They seem to think so. It's no more ridiculous then thinking any other player could fall.

First off, mock drafts are about as useful as a one-legged midget in an a** kicking contest even if they're composed an hour before the draft begins.

Second, if someone is going to do a mock draft involving all 32 teams in the NFL and they're going to do more than round one (why anyone would ever do this at any point is well beyond me) I would imagine that they would be- or would at least consider themselves to be- reasonably well informed as to the needs of each of the 32 teams involved in the draft as well as the strength of each prospect listed, and why one might believe each particular prospect may or may not be to a particular team (although I can't imagine why anyone not getting paid to do so would ever want to spend the amount of time necessary to compile the kind of information just mentioned.)

It's pretty obvious that the whoever the person, or persons, is/are who put that draft together are simply taking willd stabs in the dark hoping to hit something out of sheer luck. Several others have already asked about this but let me ask as well: can I have some of what that guy is smoking?
:redeye:

I fully agree what makes it even worse its a seven round draft i dont think the teams know who they are going to take in the seventh round let alone some guy with a website that can't get the right school with the right players. I know its fun to look at and speculate what is going to happing but seven rounds that guy needs a girlfriend and a life. Sorry for going off

BTW, this guy also has Jacob Rogers going to Miami with the 20th pick in the 3rd round! Unless he knows something about Rogers using drugs, picking up hookers, or doing something else that will have him dropping like a rock, there is a very, very good chance that Rogers will be taken in the first round.

One more reason why these mock drafts should be just that: mocked! :roflmao:

all first round picks he has second or lower or JR's that might not come out
jp losman 1st round
mark clayton JR 1st round
shaun cody JR 1st round
jon vilma 1st round
ben wilkerson JR 4 round much higher in the draft
marcus spears JR 5 round much higher in the draft
josh harris 5 round 2-3 round
having more fun laughing at the MOCK Draft more than anything

Originally posted by Cranx

First off, mock drafts are about as useful as a one-legged midget in an a** kicking contest even if they're composed an hour before the draft begins.

Second, if someone is going to do a mock draft involving all 32 teams in the NFL and they're going to do more than round one (why anyone would ever do this at any point is well beyond me) I would imagine that they would be- or would at least consider themselves to be- reasonably well informed as to the needs of each of the 32 teams involved in the draft as well as the strength of each prospect listed, and why one might believe each particular prospect may or may not be to a particular team (although I can't imagine why anyone not getting paid to do so would ever want to spend the amount of time necessary to compile the kind of information just mentioned.)

It's pretty obvious that the whoever the person, or persons, is/are who put that draft together are simply taking willd stabs in the dark hoping to hit something out of sheer luck. Several others have already asked about this but let me ask as well: can I have some of what that guy is smoking?
:redeye:

While I'm not sure if you're mocking me or agreeing with me here, that's exactly what I'm saying. A mock draft right now is less than a wild stab in the dark. So saying the guy is msoking crack when we have no clue what's gonna happen is also worthy of asking if they are smoking crack.

No mock draft is ever really close to accurate and yet people are going off on a guy who tried to make one as realistic as he thought possible.

That amazes me.

Originally posted by canesandphins1
all first round picks he has second or lower or JR's that might not come out
jp losman 1st round
mark clayton JR 1st round
shaun cody JR 1st round
jon vilma 1st round
ben wilkerson JR 4 round much higher in the draft
marcus spears JR 5 round much higher in the draft
josh harris 5 round 2-3 round
having more fun laughing at the MOCK Draft more than anything

I'd just like to know how you know with any more certainty than this person does who will go where in the draft? The combine and Senior Bowl week is more important to their draft position than almost anything else these guys do.

If you're wrong on the above will you turn around and laugh at yourself?

Exactly, noone can dispute they don't have any idea either.

damn..too bad it's a mock...If the Bills got Winslow Jr. I would **** myself. He is insane, and we need someone on the offensive side of the ball with some attitude

Most Mock Drafts are off but this one was way off. Eli Manning sliding to # 4 ? Ben to # 11? Larry Fitzgerald isn't even eligable right now!!! Miami taking 2 safties?????? Rashaun Woods went to OKLAHOMA ST.!!!!!! Not NC STATE!!!!!!! Bad mock draft, bad.......

Originally posted by Section126
That mock draft sucked.

I believe we've already established that. Then again, what mock drafts don't suck since they're all crap, speculation, and stupidity anyway.

Back
Top Bottom