2005 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2005 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox

SMadison29 said:
I can only hope. We have a lot of money to spend this offseason. Gotta make a decision on resigning Nomar (as SS or LF), then it's full steam ahead after Rafael Furcal, Brian Giles, & Johnny Damon.

Yes please take Johnny Damon off of our hands and get ready to see a million female Cubbie fans wearing a pink #18 Damon shirts around Wrigley. Personally I think Nomar could actually be a pretty decent CFer himself. He still has speed and has a very good arm.

Well, once he came back from his groin injury at the end of August he hit .318 with 9 HRs & 26 RBIs. I'd like to keep him & put him in LF & sign Furcal to lead off.

SS-Furcal
2B-Walker
1B-Lee
3B-Aramis
LF-Nomar
RF-Burnitz
C-Barrett
CF-Patterson

Personally I think Nomar could actually be a pretty decent CFer himself. He still has speed and has a very good arm.

After his groin injury this year I wouldn't put him in center & risk his health even more than it already is. He does have a strong arm but I've never seen him throw a ball overhand. He's gonna have to change that if he does make the move to left as he suggested.

SMadison29 said:
After his groin injury this year I wouldn't put him in center & risk his health even more than it already is. He does have a strong arm but I've never seen him throw a ball overhand. He's gonna have to change that if he does make the move to left as he suggested.

Good points.

Ray Finkle said:
Ok Mike.... I'm sure if the Yankees were the only team in the history of baseball to comeback from being down 3 games to 0 you'd care. Just like Red Sox fans care, because it's something nobody has done before and we got a championship to show for it. Just like ANY baseball fan doesn't care that the Yankees went 11 and 1 in 1999 or have 11 straight post season wins (and yes nyjunc I do realize that being 11 and 1 is impressive).I guess the choke is still too hard to swallow though for some people (i.e. Mike) though.

This from the same clown who said the White Sox weren't for real. They had no starting pitching. And the team had no postseason experience and would die because of it. :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

MikeO said:
This from the same clown who said the White Sox weren't for real. They had no starting pitching. And the team had no postseason experience and would die because of it. :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Yeah everything you say is wonderful and great. Like how the Kevin Brown trade for the Yankees was good because you got Bubba Crosby in the deal :lol: You're the same clown that said Willis was an average pitcher or Pinella was a bad manager because he couldn't win a World Series with ARod and Johnson (well neither could Torre do you want to call him a bad manager?)

At the time I said that the White Sox pitching was bad and I even gave you numbers to prove it but you failed to respond (funny how that happened). They didn't have post season experience but it obviously didn't hurt them, nor did it hurt other unexperienced teams like FL in 2003. But it was a legit arguement. How many times do the Yankees get the edge in a series by the experts due to their experience? Go back and read my post as to why I felt the White Sox won this thing. It's on the 3rd or 4th page of this thread. Because I truly feel that if Cleveland didn't push them and put pressure on them the White Sox would be in the same boat as Seattle in 2000. Weren't you the one that said that you even thought Cleveland was going to over take them? Oh no I forgot you picked a White Sox/Astros World Series from the beginning yet didn't post anything in the Baseball Prediction thread.

Finkle, you are obsessed with the Yankees, everything u write about baseball comes back to them. Your obsession is pathetic, this is an World Series thread which featured the Astros and White Sox yet half the thread you bitched about the Yankees. GET OVER THEM!

and to MikeO........After this postseason, would you still want Brad Lidge over Mariano Rivera like you said you did earlier in the year LMAO? :lol: :lol: :lol:

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Finkle, you are obsessed with the Yankees, everything u write about baseball comes back to them. Your obsession is pathetic, this is an World Series thread which featured the Astros and White Sox yet half the thread you bitched about the Yankees. GET OVER THEM!

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: glad I am not the only one who see's it

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

and to MikeO........After this postseason, would you still want Brad Lidge over Mariano Rivera like you said you did earlier in the year LMAO? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Half the thread I talked about the Yankees really? Like how me and nyjunc were talking about Clemens (who's an Astro) and his past playoff games while pitching for both the Red Sox and Yankees. As for Bubba and Torre I used them as examples to MikeO. You need to get a grip. You're a JOKE. You biitch and call people out but once they respond to you you run and hide and don't respond (just like you probably won't to this post). You can talk the talk but you can't walk the walk!

awwwwwwww Finkle, have a I touched a nerve? I'm sorry little sister, didn't mean to hurt your feelings!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
awwwwwwww Finkle, have a I touched a nerve? I'm sorry little sister, didn't mean to hurt your feelings!

Wow great comeback :rolleyes: But hey it's the first time you talked back to someone so I'll give you the free pass. :lol: I'm just shocked that you responded.

and I'm hiding LMAO. Haven't hid once, when the Yankees lost I didn't hide, I let the Red Sox fans take their shots and took it like a man because I took my shots the week before. I'm sorry, I really can't take someone who seems obsessed with the movie Ace Ventura seriously. Sorry I just can't!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
and I'm hiding LMAO. Haven't hid once, when the Yankees lost I didn't hide, I let the Red Sox fans take their shots and took it like a man because I took my shots the week before. I'm sorry, I really can't take someone who seems obsessed with the movie Ace Ventura seriously. Sorry I just can't!

Yes I'm obsessed with Ace Ventura because I took a name from the movie? :shakeno:

OK moving on.....

Back
Top Bottom