** 2008 NBA Western Conference Playoffs ** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

** 2008 NBA Western Conference Playoffs **

As great as Chris Paul has been all series. Tyson Chandler is giving Duncan fits. Tony Parker vs Chris Paul has been great. The only thing that I don't like about this series is David West and Chris Paul chirping after every play.

Last night the Spurs showed why you don't count the defending champs out. Working hard at home, and giving a complete effort. Now, on to game 4 to even up the series.:up:

Complete effort? They got torched again. The Spurs took and made a bunch of threes and the Hornets couldn't buy a bucket from beyond the arc. San Antonio can't win many games like that.

Complete effort? They got torched again. The Spurs took and made a bunch of threes and the Hornets couldn't buy a bucket from beyond the arc. San Antonio can't win many games like that.

Uh this wasnt a complete effort by SA?Explain...Manu and Tony had 31 points.The ball movement was as impressive as Ive seen all year.I can understand if you mean "stopping" Chris Paul.Most teams dont match up to well with the guy.Thus he will "torch" everybody.I was really impressed by the defensive rotations.You take Peja out of the game, which is what SA did,you really put pressure on the other role players.So explain how this wasn't a complete effort.You limit West and you'll always have a chance.Basically its a 2 man show with NO.

An 11 point win and the Spurs got torched?

Look the Spurs have gone through fits of not making shots all season.It doesn't mean they cant make them.Just means theyv'e had more off nights than last year.The Spurs can be pretty streaky too.

An 11 point win and the Spurs got torched?

Yes that is the general term I use for 49.4% shooting and 99 pts in a playoff game. Teams that give up those numbers don't come out on top all that often.

Look the Spurs have gone through fits of not making shots all season.It doesn't mean they cant make them.Just means theyv'e had more off nights than last year.The Spurs can be pretty streaky too.

Hence the opining on this game being more of an aberration than the norm.

You have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Yes that is the general term I use for 49.4% shooting and 99 pts in a playoff game. Teams that give up those numbers don't come out on top all that often.

Lol youre funny...So you mean to tell me the Spurs had nothing to do with that?Dont be foolish.

And Bumpus is right,you havent a clue as to what youre talking about.You act like the Spurs are just this defensive team that cant score or doesnt have players who are capable.Go do some research before you post.It could do you some good.

Lol youre funny...So you mean to tell me the Spurs had nothing to do with that?Dont be foolish.

And Bumpus is right,you havent a clue as to what youre talking about.You act like the Spurs are just this defensive team that cant score or doesnt have players who are capable.Go do some research before you post.It could do you some good.

By all means educate my numerically challenged self. Please do list all the games in which the Spurs gave up a similar point total and shooting percentage and emerged victorious. Then while you're at it you might as well pull up the defeats, and compare the two. I do believe you shall find one number is greater than another.

I really dont watch Spurs basketball,I really just listen to the media says rather than get facts.IMO every basketball game is won by how many jump shots a team makes.I resort to pulling up numerical stats to support my arguments which I know are weaksauce but its the only argument I have.I'll refuse to give the Spurs any credit no matter what point Spurs fans make.Its my job.I'm a Heat fan.I'm just tired of seeing the Spurs win and just another jealous fan.

I know its ok..And when the Spurs win game 4 what will you whine about next?And isnt the idea to score more points than the other team?They have more often than not,this year.Whats your point?

A team cant be a great defensive team and have lapses in scoring,yet still win?You want to look at whats greater and whats not,look at the Heat record this year.I'm sure the Spurs are happier where they are now than the Heat.

At least have the common decency to learn basic grammar prior to making such a pathetic attempt to mock the argument of another. Its insulting having this cognomen being associated with such drivel.

And as unfortunate as it may be, we must use numbers to do any sort of comparative analysis in sports.

The object of the game is to win right? Whether you allow 80 pts a game or 110. If you win, you advance.

Where is the problem here?

By all means educate my numerically challenged self. Please do list all the games in which the Spurs gave up a similar point total and shooting percentage and emerged victorious. Then while you're at it you might as well pull up the defeats, and compare the two. I do believe you shall find one number is greater than another.

All that is relevant is the series at hand. SA is down 2-1. That's all that needs to be focused on. The past and other series point totals has no bearing on how this series has been played.

At least have the common decency to learn basic grammar prior to making such a pathetic attempt to mock the argument of another. Its insulting having this cognomen being associated with such drivel.

And as unfortunate as it may be, we must use numbers to do any sort of comparative analysis in sports.

Im decent :woot:..And indeed Im right :up:.All you do is drivel,so I thought it was well played.

Back
Top Bottom