*** 2010-11 NHL thread *** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** 2010-11 NHL thread ***

Yeah, this will be my first trip to a Pens game outside of Pittsburgh. I can't wait. The great part is that it was TONS simpler to get tickets on the road than at home. We scored 6 tickets in the 7th row.

juss a buncha fllrs httn peepl wth stix...lol...ey kuld duu tht outback...lol

Joe, do you find yourself going on the roof of your business, and playing a hockey game like they do in Clerks?

Go Flyers

lastcup-1.jpg

clear.gif

A big , BIG day in Quebec city today for both the province's capital and the NHL

As some of you NHL fans may know, Quebec city is in the running to get back their NHL team, Les Nordiques, which they lost in 1995 (if I am correct) when they moved to colorado.

The subject is the most discussed topic in the NHL right now, and although there were already many reasons to believe a return of the canadian franchise is doable and likely to happen, the city and its mayor keep pushing and pushing to make things happen

The Mayor recently got Quebec's Prime minister to promise a 45% investment on his part, and while the federal didn't yet answer to such participation, a few days later they went out to say they are leaning towards financing the project, and the canadian law states that they should put in 45% or more of this money...

The persisting problem though is that Stephen Harper is still hesitating to approve the federal imput, and the major reason is he would lose a lot of the support he gets from voters in the western part of the country ... on the other hand, Pier-Karl Peladeau, a billionaire and owner of Quebecor Media (the biggest media corp in the province) wants to finance and purchase the team, but doesn't want to put money in a stadium.
Both sides are in a tight battle actually and it's a question of time before one of the two men flinches and writes a check to the city of Quebec

The Mayor went to the bank this week and started dealing to get his hands on 25 million dollars to finance the building of a new arena, which is the number one thing standing between Quebec and the NHL: their old Pepsi Colluseum isn't adequate to host an NHL franchise anymore

Today, Quebec showed its true color and pashion for the sport of hockey, when 60-70 thousand people gathered on the Abraham Plains to attend the Marche Bleue: an event that was created month ago to show Bettman we are ready for an NHL team.
Not only were there fans, but ex coach Michel Bergeron, players such as the three Stastny brothers, Michel Goulet, etc. etc.

here are two videos, and although they are in french, they give you a look-see of what happened today !

http://www.rds.ca/zv2/index.html?video=44892

http://www.rds.ca/zv2/index.html?video=44891

http://www.radio-canada.ca/audio-vi...2010/RDI2/TelejournalSurRdi201010021700_1.asx

Is it tomorrow yet?

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Leafs-Habs tomorrow night! So pumped. Habs blow, and they will be exposed against the vaunted Maple Leafs. Championship contender IMO.

(I can talk, we're still 0-0)

What I said about not being here until January was bull****. After the garbage I saw on Monday, I'm relieved I can start watching another sport..

Leafs-Habs tomorrow night! So pumped. Habs blow, and they will be exposed against the vaunted Maple Leafs. Championship contender IMO.

(I can talk, we're still 0-0)

What I said about not being here until January was bull****. After the garbage I saw on Monday, I'm relieved I can start watching another sport..

don't write checks that the leafs can't cash buddy ;)

I'm anxious to see this new Canadiens team... tonight we're playing without Halak, and without Camalleri because of a one game suspension ...

what to watch for ?

1- Carey Price: This is your time now pal, I hope you've solved your Cocaine and Alcohol problems because we need you more than ever, and you have the talent to be a solid goaltender

2- Lars Eller: Camalleri is out, and our 3rd line center is moving up to play with Plekanec (our '09 scoring leader) and Kostytsin ... I'm anxious to see how he plays, after all, he's what we got for Halak ...

3- P.K. Subban: I think Markov is also out for the game... either way, everyone in Quebec is psyched and wants to see P.K. start where he left off last year. The 22 year old was called from the AHL at the start of the playoffs and was magnificient in his rookie season, where he started his career by beating the capitals and then the penguins. Subban is amongst the best young d-man in the league such as Myers (buffalo), Bogosian (Atlanta), Doughty (LA) etc. etc. ...

anyways... here's to an exciting 2010 season !

:woot: !!!

GO HABS GO !!!

my picks for tonight

Montreal over toronto
Pittsburgh over Philadelphia
Calgary over Edmonton

and my upset special
Colorado over Chicago

Opening night in the brand new barn!

Time to CRUSH the effing Flyers!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!