***2010 NBA Free Agency Thread*** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***2010 NBA Free Agency Thread***

i dont think bron is as good an on ball defender as some here are making him out to be...he COULD BE if he wanted to be maybe the best defender in the league but i don't see all out effort on that end of the floor from him...but he's a TREMENDOUS help defender in the open floor ...just tremendous with those sweeping in like a condor shot swats...

simpley stated guys had to carry so much of the load in cleveland i think he can take it easy on the defensive end sometimes...

yup i agree 100%. his ceiling is limitless, but he doesnt give that kind of defensive effort through a whole game, or whole season, but hes made strides throughout the years. id like to see him to be that dominant defender, i hope he gets there, just not against my team

well we'll see how things play out...you could be contenders in a couple weeks if things go well...

Hey I am just giving you evidence of why he is a great defender..Other ppl obiviously think he is great as well..You can have your opinon about it..

But majority of ppl think he is great otherwise he would have not got the nod...Who is a better indivdial defender than him at his positon?

LeBron is not a good defender at all. Hopping in passing lanes and weak side blocks does not a great defender make. Great perimeter defenders are able to dictate what their man does. They never allow easy looks, and rarely let them drive by them. Does LeBron fit this? Not even close. And LeBron would get destroyed guarding true PF's. As for NBA All defense, the majority of the votes comes form the media, and the media has no clue what they're talking about.

Ron Artest, Shane Battier, James Posey, Andre Iguodala, Andrei Kirilenko, Gerald Wallace, Mbah' A' Moute, Paul Pierce, Maurice Evans, Quentin Richardson, Ime Udoka, Wilson Chandler, Mickael Pietrus, Caron Butler, Shawn Marion, Danny Granger, Tayshaun Prince, Trevor Ariza, Jared Dudley are all better defending SF's than LeBron. And that's not even counting wings who play both the 2 and 3 like Quentin Ross, Corey Brewer, Ronnie Brewer, Thabo Sefolosha, Dantay Jones just to name a few. In fact, I don't even think LeBron is the best defending SF on his team with Jamario Moon and Danny Green there.

well we'll see how things play out...you could be contenders in a couple weeks if things go well...

i hope so, i need my teams to start making a comeback. i cant take too many more losing seasons (bills fan too)

LeBron is not a good defender at all. Hopping in passing lanes and weak side blocks does not a great defender make.

yup, thats why steals can be an overrated stat too. cheating passing lanes can inflate that stat and make it seem better than it really is and make it seem like that guy is a great defender when they really arent

LeBron is not a good defender at all. Hopping in passing lanes and weak side blocks does not a great defender make. Great perimeter defenders are able to dictate what their man does. They never allow easy looks, and rarely let them drive by them. Does LeBron fit this? Not even close. And LeBron would get destroyed guarding true PF's.

Ron Artest, Shane Battier, James Posey, Andre Iguodala, Andrei Kirilenko, Gerald Wallace, Mbah' A' Moute, Paul Pierce, Maurice Evans, Quentin Richardson, Ime Udoka, Wilson Chandler, Mickael Pietrus, Caron Butler, Shawn Marion, Danny Granger, Tayshaun Prince, Trevor Ariza, Jared Dudley are all better defending SF's than LeBron. And that's not even counting wings who play both the 2 and 3 like Quentin Ross, Corey Brewer, Ronnie Brewer, Thabo Sefolosha, Dantay Jones just to name a few. In fact, I don't even think LeBron is the best defending SF on his team with Jamario Moon and Danny Green there.

You changed your comment...It had something to the effect that all NBA fans are stupid..or most rather...

But fans dont vote...for all NBA D...coaches do

i hope so, i need my teams to start making a comeback. i cant take too many more losing seasons (bills fan too)

well i hope the bills rot...to be honest

just beat the lakers for me if you do get your dream team...i can't stand that bunch of whiny world cup worthy girls on that roster...pretty much outshot the celtics 2 to 1 or better from the foul line in EVERY playoff game...even the home ones for the celtics...

yup, thats why steals can be an overrated stat too. cheating passing lanes can inflate that stat and make it seem better than it really is and make it seem like that guy is a great defender when they really arent

But he does not average alot of steal 1.6 per game...

He is not getting on the team just beacuse of repuation..I was looking for some kind of rating as far this was concerned..

Really could not find one...

ha ha... r & r not a lebron fan i see...only the best passing sf maybe in the history of the game and definitely the best open court finisher that i've ever seen...

guy gets killed cause of all that incompetence around him in cleveland...gets killed for playing unselfish team oriented ball...

drives me crazy the way people knock him and promote kobe and his 25 percent shooting in the finals game 7 as the greatest thing since sliced bread...

But he does not average alot of steal 1.6 per game...

He is not getting on the team just beacuse of repuation..I was looking for some kind of rating as far this was concerned..

Really could not find one...

youve had multiple people come in here and tell you he isnt a great defender, what else do you want

well i hope the bills rot...to be honest

just beat the lakers for me if you do get your dream team...i can't stand that bunch of whiny world cup worthy girls on that roster...pretty much outshot the celtics 2 to 1 or better in EVERY playoff game...even the home ones for the celtics...

gasol is the biggest girl of all of them. if i had to watch that team whine and complain about one more call this season i was going to scream.

but im not looking for a dream team, im just looking for a winner. i want it to be fair all across the board for every team. bron and someone else wouldnt make us a dream team, but really good. knicks-lakers in the finals next year would be insanity

but ive said to friends many times that part of me hope he stays in cleveland, i would feel truly bad for that fan base and city. i can relate to being a football fan of a small market team looking for a ring, and i would be devastated if we lost someone of that caliber. at the end of the day, i think he stays. i think he wants to be wined and dined, because he never had that experience from college teams trying to recruit him. i think he would feel bad for leaving them behind

Steals and blocks can certainly be misleading. Take Josh Smith for example. Gets a lot of blocks, but is without a doubt the most overrated defender in the NBA behind LeBron.

ha ha... r & r not a lebron fan i see...only the best passing sf maybe in the history of the game and definitely the best open court finisher that i've ever seen...

guy gets killed cause of all that incompetence around him in cleveland...gets killed for playing unselfish team oriented ball...

drives me crazy the way people knock him and promote kobe and his 25 percent shooting in the finals game 7 as the greatest thing since sliced bread...

Umm, last I checked we were discussing LeBron's defense.

Back
Top Bottom