2011 Draft = Solid QB Class - Do You Think We Should Go QB 1st RD? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2011 Draft = Solid QB Class - Do You Think We Should Go QB 1st RD?

Shady27

DolFan 4 Life
Reaction score
I think so.

With the QB's coming out this draft, I think we have to pounce & grab a QB in the 1st rd wherever our pick ends up at, if not even trading up to a higher pick. I mean we can't keep drafting our biggest weakness since Marino left with 2nd rd picks, we gotta get one of the big boys, so we have a guy long term. With the current situation at QB- it appears Henne just isn't gonna be THE GUY, & Penny might have 1 more season in him. & I stress MIGHT.

As of right now, these are SI's Top 5 QB Prospects for 2011:

1) Andrew Luck - Stanford
2) Ryan Mallert - Arkansas
3) Jake Locker -Washington
4) Nick Foles - Arizona
5) Cam Newton - Auburn

I'd love for any of these guys to be our QB. My exception would be Jake Locker, I just think he's a little overrated & not built to last aka "injury prone". But any of the other 4 would be a great 1st rd pick & have a high percentage of being a successful NFL QB that can actually be our QB for now & the future. If we try & go QB in the 2nd rd again, well...I think we'll prob get another typical Dolphin 2nd rd QB. I hope we make a move & grab one of these guys, unless we pick up a young FA which I don't think there'll be any of them worth gambling on.

What do you guys think? QB in 1st rd? If so, who do you like for us?

Currently, the fins have not 1, but 2 former 1st round RB's playing. They have a 2nd round QB that just got benched. I say you go QB in the first round.

We will win 7 to 9 games this year and basically be out of the running for any top qb prospect especially because we have no 2nd round pick.

Beware strong QB draft classes. The majority will bust. Finding a legitimate QB is the hardest thing in sports. You're lucky if you get one per draft. From what I've seen of the QB prospects, Luck is the only one worth pursuing.

Ryan Mallett would be an excellent choice. I'm still not sold on giving up on Henne but if we do go that route I would love Mallett.

Options:
From the Roster: Henne, Thigpen (could be FA), Pennington (FA)
Draft: Luck, Mallet, Ponder, Foles
FA/Trade: Orton, Palmer, Garrard, McNabb, Kolb (will be ransom), Hasslebeck (Vick is not an option. He will be franchised)

What appeals most to you?

Back
Top Bottom