2011 Draft = Solid QB Class - Do You Think We Should Go QB 1st RD? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2011 Draft = Solid QB Class - Do You Think We Should Go QB 1st RD?

IMO biggest needs are RB, C & TE. No TE or C worth 1st round pick so I also go RB.

why running back in the first round when they only last 6-7 years if you get a good one....and you can find them ALL over the draft? unless we trade this years first and second and next years first we arent going to get Luck.....but maybe we should do that ANYWAYS.....havent seen any of the kid from arizona so dont know about him....lockers not worth a first rounder....i dont think mallett is but i need more info....and no way on cam newton and not cause he cant play....because the kid has SERIOUS character issues that will manifest at the next level when he gets paid.....one thing after another keeps coming out about this kid and what hes done in college....its not going away.....he left florida because he was going in front of a student review board to be judged by his peers because he STOLE a paper from a classmate and put his name on it followed by getting caught cheating on two other occasions......and this is AFTER he either stole a laptop or took possession of a $1700 laptop HE KNEW WAS STOLEN.....im sorry you dont throw a laptop out your dormroom window when the police arrive UNLESS YOU KNOW IT WAS STOLEN!!! this kid will be lucky not to end up in jail or a continuous violator of the code of conduct let alone lead a team with his character....sorry dont want him.....not sure we have a ton of options in the first round for a quarterback unfortunately.....but unless ur only one piece away and that piece is barry sanders/adrian peterson etc......you dont take a running back in the first round....they are a dime a dozen for one, secondly they can step in and play right away where as most positions have more of an adjustment to the pro level......running back is the LAST piece of the puzzle you add.....we could get by just fine with ricky and ronnie another year and hopefully they can add somebody in the later rounds that has a chance to play for us

i also think we will go rb, but if mallet is there you have to pick this guy, i doubt it though, or we will probably trade down to get back our 2nd rounder back

why would yo ugo with a RB in the first unless its a AP type player? There is no stud RBs worthy of a 1st rd pick this season besides maybe ingram. ryan williams, where has he been this season? Plus RBs are the easiest mid to late round picks to produce. If henne isnt the future, we find a way to get luck

I would love a QB in the 1st round:

1)Mallet (Bills will probably snatch him up?)
2)Luck
3)Ponder

bills will go Luck hands down unless something happens to him between now and the draft

and to have ponder your 3rd rated QB?he is NOT even a first rounder

If "OUR guy" is there .... Oh, He11 yes. Let the scouts do their job.

The farther our rebuilding goes, the lower we draft, and harder ... then we have to get lucky & take it out of the pro scouts hands.

Definitely need to take a shot or 2 in the lower rounds .... and if they don't sign 3 Undrafted Free Agent QBs for cheap looks .... they ain't doing their job!!

RB ... Nooooo ... better some corn-fed hawgs, then anyone can run it.

I say we draft DE in the first round. Preferably someone that we know will get hurt.

You're splitting hairs with Luck vs. Mallet. I could easily see the Bills taking Mallet.

I have Ponder 3rd because thats the 3rd quarterback I would even consider. Doesn't mean I think he'll go in the 1st round.

Luck...c'mon guys...his name is "Luck"....

Also, he has a ton of talent, size, and great field generalship. Next Peyton Manning...

Options:
From the Roster: Henne, Thigpen (could be FA), Pennington (FA)
Draft: Luck, Mallet, Ponder, Foles
FA/Trade: Orton, Palmer, Garrard, McNabb, Kolb (will be ransom), Hasslebeck (Vick is not an option. He will be franchised)

What appeals most to you?

Depends on how the season plays out. If Pennington stays healthy and leads the team to the playoffs, keep him as the starter in 2011, keep Henne and draft a QB (first or third round, but preferably first)

If Pennington falters or get's hurt, keep Henne and Thigpen and draft a QB (in the first round)

Tell Tennessee and Minnesota that. I think they both made pretty good decisions.

So did Houston with undrafted Arian Foster leading the Nfl in rushing

And Ahmad Bradshaw with the Giants drafted in the 7th round in 2007
3rd in the NFL in rushing yards this season

It's a crap shoot but you don't need to spend a #1 draft pick for a running back

Definitely no RB in the first round. They are not hard to find if you choose one suited to your system.

This team needs a frigging QB. You simply can't win big- consistently- without a QB.

That said, I don't think you take one just to take one, you have to actually like one who's there.

Back
Top Bottom