2011 Draft = Solid QB Class - Do You Think We Should Go QB 1st RD? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2011 Draft = Solid QB Class - Do You Think We Should Go QB 1st RD?

you guys can say what you want about you wouldn't want to take a rb given we need a qb with that top pick and i have to agree unfortunately but let me tell you guys with the vision of a mark ingram don't come along very often

and whoever gets him is gonna be giddy...

as for the qbs its luck and barkley if he was eligible hands down for me...barkleys got pro stud written all over him...

I'd take Ingram. Like I said in the draft forum, in terms of our needs and BPA, Ingram right now is the most likely. People can say CB, but outside of Peterson and Amukamura I'm not crazy about the other CBs. We could upgrade the interior OL, but that is just ignoring the lack of speed/playmaking on the team. There are no TEs outside of Kyle Rudolph worth a damn and I'd be shocked if he comes out after getting hurt. If Julio Jones, Aj Green (doubt it), Malcolm Floyd, or Jonathan Baldwin are available I'd listen.

Really to me, I'm looking at Ingram, Jaquizz Rodgers, and Ryan Williams cause our running game has been so inconsistent and really lacks the big play. Otherwise, I'm looking at LBs to help Dansby out (I still really like Mark Herzlich).

As for QB, only guy I'd really want is Luck. Locker would tempt me, but he's nowhere near ready to start. Not a huge fan of Mallett as I said. You could probably tempt me on a guy like Foles. I don't want a guy with just a big arm, I want a smart QB

Looks like Colt McCoy might turn out to be the best QB of the last class. That wasn't really what anyone expected. I don't think you can just say a guy in the 1st round is going to be your franchise QB. (IE. Brady Quinn, Matt Leinart, ETC.) I mean it's that you get lucky if it works out. I really feel we need a TE first. Maybe draft a qb in the 2nd again or even 3rd round. Also trade up in the 2nd round again for a RB. I don't like rb's in the 1st round.

I'd take Ingram. Like I said in the draft forum, in terms of our needs and BPA, Ingram right now is the most likely. People can say CB, but outside of Peterson and Amukamura I'm not crazy about the other CBs. We could upgrade the interior OL, but that is just ignoring the lack of speed/playmaking on the team. There are no TEs outside of Kyle Rudolph worth a damn and I'd be shocked if he comes out after getting hurt. If Julio Jones, Aj Green (doubt it), Malcolm Floyd, or Jonathan Baldwin are available I'd listen.

Really to me, I'm looking at Ingram, Jaquizz Rodgers, and Ryan Williams cause our running game has been so inconsistent and really lacks the big play. Otherwise, I'm looking at LBs to help Dansby out (I still really like Mark Herzlich).

As for QB, only guy I'd really want is Luck. Locker would tempt me, but he's nowhere near ready to start. Not a huge fan of Mallett as I said. You could probably tempt me on a guy like Foles. I don't want a guy with just a big arm, I want a smart QB

aj green eats up a dbs cushion like no other wr in college football and he gets separation like none i've seen to date...thats a top 10 talent imo...very smooth silky player there

ryan williams gets hurt too much in college thats a red flag for me when projecting to the pro game...rodgers i don't think i can give a top 20 grade to cause i don't like that size for that high a pick

love me some kyle rudolph...i think he'd be the perfect fit for what ails us at te and unlike fasano and these other scrubs we've brought in at the position he can threaten a team vertical in addition to block...

i also like julio jones who impressed me against patrick peterson head to head and i'm a fan of floyd...the wr class as a whole though is pretty deep...leonard hankerson is another guy i like among a bunch

not much of a fan of ryan mallet for where we'd have to take him or locker...ricky stanzi has me intrigued but not warm and fuzzy...and that seems to be the case for me about every qb other than luck

I want stanzi, and linebacker I would love to grab casey matthews. We definitely need some speed on offense. I liked what I saw out of rob risner today. Definitely need to get a runningback as well.

I am interested to see how Ricky Stanzi finishes the year and his postseason workouts.....senior bowl, combine.

I like him as a possible later first round option.

I doubt we'll be in a draft and compensation position to move up and draft a Luck.
Stanzi will not go in the 1st he makes too many bad choices.

Do you watch his games?. I live in Iowa city and watch every play, he misses wide and I mean wide open WR's all the time. Just because he has only had 4 int. doesn't mean he makes good choices. The guy does not play like a senior, I really think he will struggle in the pros.

I'll bet the current management goes with Christian Ponder in the 3rd. The kid is pro ready. Don't drink the koolaide regarding his passing stats. J Fortson could not pee clean, Goodman graduated, and the remaining seniors are worthless.

FWIW" 6'6" Rodney Smith is a true freshmen looks just Randy Moss(skills wise). Kid consistently highpoints the ball.

A trade up to get Locker or Luck would be tough. There are simply too many teams ahead of us that need a quarterback.

i would take mallet with first, then noel devine with a miracle 2nd round pick. or demarco murray with the first, then an injury prone big armed ponder with the third. the latter is more probable.

either mallet 1st and noel devine with a miracle 2nd or demarco murray 1st and an injury prone ponder with the third. MURRAY!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom