2014 Fins London game on Sept. 28th/Bye Week is Oct. 5th | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2014 Fins London game on Sept. 28th/Bye Week is Oct. 5th

Hope to be there, it's about time we invaded England again................

Been dying for a chance to see the fins in action for years! I can't wait to get drunk and shout at our (hopefully improved) O-Line.

honestly what's with the week 5 byes?? we never get a bye later than week 6 - ever. is that another byproduct of mediocrity?

How long have they wanted to put a franchise back in LA?

Cleveland got a franchise back quickly. ROFL!?

My guess is they would not add just one team to the NFL, as this would make the conferences unbalanced. I bet LA gets one team and London gets the other.

In addition to having one of our away games in London, the Dolphins are likely to play in Detroit next Thanksgiving.

I know Detroit will host the non conference matchup of the two day games next Thanksgiving.

I also know the AFC East will play the NFC North in non conference games next season.

Knowing these facts I was trying to think back to which AFC East teams hosted Detroit the last time these two divisions played.

I couldnt remember if we played up there or not last time. Based on your post Im assuming you know we hosted them last time and will travel to Detroit next season.

Do you know which of the other AFC East teams will travel to Detroit? If its the Pats, they will likely get the game. If its the Bills, we will likely get the game. If its the Jests, its pretty much a toss up as to which of the two gets the game.

I know Detroit will host the non conference matchup of the two day games next Thanksgiving.

I also know the AFC East will play the NFC North in non conference games next season.

Knowing these facts I was trying to think back to which AFC East teams hosted Detroit the last time these two divisions played.

I couldnt remember if we played up there or not last time. Based on your post Im assuming you know we hosted them last time and will travel to Detroit next season.

Do you know which of the other AFC East teams will travel to Detroit? If its the Pats, they will likely get the game. If its the Bills, we will likely get the game. If its the Jests, its pretty much a toss up as to which of the two gets the game.

us and the bills both travel to detroit.

we will most likely be the game, but then again, who knows, maybe they put buffalo on for a change.

Miami and Buffalo play in Detroit next season. While locally the support sucks, the Dolphins are still much more relevant nationally than the Bills. That is why I assume Miami will play on Thanksgiving.

My wife says we are going...:hi5:

If you do go have a great trip. Start your research here: www.visitlondon.com . FWIW, my wife and I went to London in 2009 and my son and I went in 2012 (both were to see that Patriots play). It's a great city and it would be great, but a bit expensive (watch the conversion rate from GBP to USD so you are not surprised when you get your CC bill), to go for 4-6 days at least and take in the sights. There is way too much to see, even in a week.

NFL announced today that kickoff will be at 1:00PM ET and 6:00PM Local time.

The Lions/Falcons London game will be at 9:30AM ET. :err:

Miami and Buffalo play in Detroit next season. While locally the support sucks, the Dolphins are still much more relevant nationally than the Bills. That is why I assume Miami will play on Thanksgiving.

You're probably right. I think New England and Miami have been the only AFC East teams to play in Detroit on Thanksgiving since the current divisional alignment and schedule rotation began in 2002, and I think New England also played in Detroit on Thanksgiving in 2000. And, as everyone around here knows, the Dolphins have been a popular Thanksgiving opponent for Dallas, playing there in 2011, 2003, 1999, and 1993 (can't remember back before that).

The patriots always get the advantage on the late bye compared to us.

2013 Miami-week 6, NE-week 10
2012 Miami-week 7, NE-week 9
2011 Miami-week 5, NE-week 7
2010 Miami-week 5, NE-week 5
2009 Miami-week 6, NE-week 8

What a crock. NFL loves the Patriots and give them every advantage they can.

On Sirius they say Jags would likely be the first team considered.
If the NFL decides to put a team in London it wouldn't surprise me to see the Fins be considered.

As a business decision at least the stands would always be full (with ex-soccer hooligan, vuvuzela tooting) London Dolphin fans.

Blimey...

I'm glad we aren't giving up a home gam....wait, we don't have a home field advantage lol, there'll probably be more Dolphins fans in London than your average game in Miami :idk:

Back
Top Bottom