2015 NFL Rookie updates: | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 NFL Rookie updates:

ERIC KENDRICKS UPDATE:

yesterday the Vikings shocked me, as many others, with a move... a trade. Basically they traded Gerald Hodges, their starting ILB who won the job over at the end of training camp but has not been having a great season (if solid) at all. They have become so comfortable and liking what they have seen in KEndricks and his improvements to the speed of the game, and knowing he will be in position and making plays consistently. Kendricks is now taking over the starting ILB nod, as he was getting much much more time and action anyways.

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-v...-in-eric-kendricks-led-to-gerald-hodges-trade

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-trade-of-lb-hodges-opens-spot-for-kendricks/330996361/

Hodges is a versatile 24-year-old athlete who once backed up both outside linebacker spots, started at middle linebacker this season and was considered veteran Chad Greenway’s heir apparent as early as next season. Yet he was traded by the Vikings to the 49ers for a sixth-round draft pick in 2016 and rookie center Nick Easton.

Why?

Because Vikings general manager Rick Spielman trusts his depth and believes that rookie second-round draft pick Eric Kendricks is ready to be promoted from nickel linebacker to the team’s first three-down playmaking middle linebacker since E.J. Henderson was in his prime.

“Each week, as you see the more reps he’s getting, the more comfortable he’s getting with the speed of this game,” Spielman said. “And he makes plays when he’s out there. We drafted him because of how strong we felt about him coming out. When we evaluated him in college, you’re starting to see all that come as he adjusts to the speed of the NFL. He’s a very instinctive linebacker who makes a lot of plays.”

TODD GURLEY: vs. Arizona, 19 carries, 146 yards, 7.7 per carry, 2 rec for 15 yards!!!

finally nice to see him in more action this past Sunday!!! Where in the Second half he literally dominated a very stout Arizona defense!!! All in the Second half, he had 4 runs of at least 20 yards, he ran for like 40-45 yards on four consecutive plays in one drive (one of them was stuffed for no gain), and out of his 146 yards he rushed for in the game i believe 142 of them came in the second half.

i am pumped to see him against Green Bay sunday... maybe with a move hefty load early on in the game??? not sure there... but what a great start to his young season so far.

-----Todd Gurley, St. Louis Rams running back: "He just runs with an attitude. He reminds me a lot of Hyde and Adrian and Marshawn," Packers defensive tackle B.J. Raji said this week, via the Green Bay Press Gazette. "It's hard to explain, but they run with an attitude and they're looking to finish. Some running backs are more agile than others and looking to make you miss, but these guys do both." -nfl.com

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...-made-todd-gurley-feel-like-todd-gurley-again

WR- Chris Conley sighting???

well, he may just start becoming a capable WR sooner than later in Kansas City. basically not being targeted in his first two games, one reception the third, and now taking advantage to an injury of Albert Wilson... is Reid possibly seeing that they need something besides Maclin as a WR in KC??? Conley played often, and got targeted seven times last game against a solid cincy defense. Yes only hauling in 2 receptions for an impressive 53 yards off them (one was a 44 yarder), but it could be a sign of something more to come in his young future!!!

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article38527428.html

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/articl...ing-Time/7e8f6435-b92f-4cf6-89d6-e0c3f9d18f92

id he really??? i was on vacation for long time... didnt really get to watch games this past Sunday.

how he look? what was the words and such?

One was a 50 yard hail marry with the clock at 00:00 right before halftime. The other was a blown coverage in the back of the end zone.

I believe they were his only two catches. I know they were his first two NFL catches, just don't recall if he had any after the two TD's.

Eric Kendricks #1 LB of the Minnesota Vikings:

his first game as the true man at LB of the Minnesota vikings was AMAZING!!! he was ALWAYS in position, even when its not his tackle... he was filling lanes, holes, in the backfield, making great tackles, sideline to sideline, and always under control... great team flow.. .etc...

was on tackles in passing game right away, struggled a big at times in this aspect, taking a bad turn on one crossing route and got BURNT. But all in all this kid was EXCELLENT. He has worked his way up, and gained confidence himself and from his teammates, coaching staff, and is ready to be a solid and constant contributor for years to come!!!

stats vs. Kansas City: 10 tackles, 9 solo tackles, 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 PD, 1 QB hit

a few GAME HIGHLIGHTS: http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/...s-Chiefs/9136e2e7-087c-4615-ad98-827c388ee10d

small interview: http://www.twincities.com/vikings/c...e-linebacker-eric-kendricks-already-making-an

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/c...e-linebacker-eric-kendricks-already-making-an

Last edited by a moderator:
WR- Stefon Diggs of Minnesota Vikings

he is taking complete advantage of his opportunity here... playing in his second game due to Charlie Johnson injury and being inactive, Diggs is thriving. His footwork is looking great, getting in and out of breaks quickly and causing separation at a nice rate. He is getting targeted heavily by Teddy and hauling it in for great completions and gains!!! He seems like a must at continuing his playing time, even with a return from the tweaked up Charlie Johnson, whom has been struggling anyways from the start of the season.

stats in his 2 games played: 13 receptions, 19 targets, 216 yards, 16.6 yard/catch, 31 yards longest reception, 10 first downs..... 2 fumbles (cant continue this though)

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-teammates-praise-the-potential-of-stefon-diggs/333941361/

SOME CBs:

Ronald Darby, cornerback, Buffalo Bills

Through the first five games of the season, this rookie second-round pick has been among the best all-around corners in the NFL. Per Pro Football Focus, he currently grades out as the No. 3 cornerback in the NFL.

The Florida State product is also allowing a ridiculously low 4.4 yards per target while yielding a 38.3 quarterback rating. What makes Darby's early-season success so much more stunning is the fact that he has gone up against the opposing team's top receiver at times with Buffalo sticking to a corner coverage philosophy in the secondary.

6 games played- 2 INT, 11 pass deflections

Marcus Peters, cornerback, Kansas City Chiefs

Statistically, Peters has struggled a ton this season. He has given up six touchdown receptions through five games. That's not good for anyone involved. However, in some cases, we have to look past the stats.

This first-round pick has consistently found himself up against the opposing team's top pass catcher — a group that includes DeAndre Hopkins, Demaryius Thomas, Randall Cobb and A.J. Green thus far this season.

Peters' placement in this article has more to do with him showing plus-level coverage ability and a veteran mindset on the field. This is something we rarely see from a young cover guy. It's also something that's going to have him among the best corners in the NFL in no time.

6 games- 3 int, and 10 pass deflections (against many very good WRs)

Kevin Johnson, cornerback, Houston Texans

A lot of draftniks were high on Johnson in this year's draft. His tape was solid coming out of Wake Forest, and he showed a tremendous on-ball ability.

While the youngster has struggled at times this season, he's allowing a 56 percent completion percentage when targeted and has given up just one touchdown in five games. That's not too shabby for a guy that was thrown in the fire as a starter out of the gate.

6 games played- 4 pass deflections

Damarious Randall, cornerback/ SAFETY, Green Bay Packers

Yet another player that seemed like a reach in the first round of this year's draft, Randall has stepped seamlessly into an important role for the undefeated Packers. Through five games, the Arizona State product has allowed just nine of the 24 passes thrown in his direction to be completed.

And while a couple of those plays have been long gains, it's obvious that Randall's plus-level coverage ability is going to come in handy for Green Bay moving forward this season.

6 games played- 19 tackles, 7 pass deflections (honestly my biggest shock personally, playing very well in helping a much improved GB secondary)

Stefon Diggs was my favorite lower rated player in this draft, really dont get why he dropped in the draft. Already passed fhe most overrated elite WR ever.. Mike Wallace.

I was also super high on Ronald Darby, but he's surpassed anything I thought he would do at this point. I Didnt think he was mature enough to make this kind of jump this quick.

Damarious Randall I thought was one of the biggest reaches of the draft tbh.

It was nice to see Bobby McCain get some burn yesterday. He has that same dog in him that Landry does.

i watched all of Minnesota game yesterday too.... Diggs has been great to see, running good routes and being very quick out of his cuts.... was against Peters basically all game, who he did very well against separating from..... he is getting target often too. Diggs has made a statement, and we will see what is future is like once again once Charlie Johnson is back and well with battling positionally with Jarius Wright.

im liking what I seeing from Diggs A LOT though.

Back
Top Bottom