2015 Preliminary List of Prospects by School | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 Preliminary List of Prospects by School

This is absolutely correct. It's why I don't subscribe to the theory that Ja'Wuan James was this tremendous reach at #19 while in the same breath a kid like Ogbuehi is a top 10 pick. Dee Ford devastated Cedric Ogbuehi... while Ja'Wuan James completely neutralized Ford one-on-one. I hear a lot of folks talk about a kid like Joel Bitonio as if he's somehow in the same class as Ja'Wuan James in pass protection, but he's just not. This was made clear at the Senior Bowl. You're talking about a kid who's even built like a guard and moves like a guard rather than an offensive tackle.

Brandon Scherff is the head of the class in my opinion for the 2015 class of offensive tackles. Love the way this kid plays.

I had James #24 overall, and currently have a 3rd round grade on Ogbuehi. He looks like a swing tackle to me, with added versatility to play both guard spots.

I love Brandon Scherff, just not on the left side. He's a mauling run blocker. Drove Shazier into the sideline on back to back plays to open the game. He oversets to often, and lacks the foot quickness to mirror top of the line edge rushers on the left side. But I like him a lot on the right.

Andrus Peat is my clear cut #1 tackle. He spends way to much time on the ground in the run game, especially vs USC. Over extends and not a fluid 2nd level blocker. But as a pass protector, I only charted two sacks and no other pressures in 5 games. Both times he overset and gave up the inside rush lane. Doesn't have elite foot quickness, but mirrors extremely well and does a great job utilizing his outstanding length.

I'm about half way through a list of top 25 players for next draft. It's extremely fluid, because there will be a player come out of nowhere and be a top 10 pick, which happens almost every year. But it's a good way to kick start the next draft.

ekpro olomu and amari cooper would have been top 20 picks had they come out in this class...olomu shut down marquise lee even had him so frustrated with the physicality he was crying to the officials most of the game...you wanna talk about a tackling corner that is the guy...antoine winfield like tackler and physical player...only question there is he needs to come in at 5 ft 10 plus to validate a potential top 10 grade...can man the slot and play the boundary...

would have been the top corner on my board had he come out...coops special also

agree that sherff is the top tackle of iowa...they got a special corner coming up also but he's only a sophomore...a year away but he's a stud...

jake mcgee is a tight end i've been pimping for a while he's transferring to florida the gators are getting a good one i would love to see lazor target him in 2015 given they have worked together...red zone and flex mismatch not much of a blocker but will be surprised if it's still on the board after day 2 next year

the wisconsin back melvin gordon is like a cross between chris johnson and jamaal charles...special kid there...no doubt there's gonna be some first round pick rbs in next years class

i dont see it with dorian green backham...looks slow i see the size and all but i dont see the separation...plays high 4.6's imo...large catch radius likely will get overdrafted

i think the miami tight end walford is interesting but it's in an hback kind of way...still he's a pro and the most interesting prospect of the canes outside of duke johnson...walfords underrated...you couldnt talk me into a pick on denzel perryman

the ogbuehi grades around here were always inflated...

Ogbuehi sucks. Walford has poor ball skills. Started to break him down mid season last year, but stopped after charting too many drops. I got a top 25 list in the works as we speak. Just have QB's WR's DE's and DB's to get too, and there is a lot of them at each position to break down this year.

ekpro olomu and amari cooper would have been top 20 picks had they come out in this class...olomu shut down marquise lee even had him so frustrated with the physicality he was crying to the officials most of the game...you wanna talk about a tackling corner that is the guy...antoine winfield like tackler and physical player...only question there is he needs to come in at 5 ft 10 plus to validate a potential top 10 grade...can man the slot and play the boundary...

would have been the top corner on my board had he come out...coops special also

agree that sherff is the top tackle of iowa...they got a special corner coming up also but he's only a sophomore...a year away but he's a stud...

jake mcgee is a tight end i've been pimping for a while he's transferring to florida the gators are getting a good one i would love to see lazor target him in 2015 given they have worked together...red zone and flex mismatch not much of a blocker but will be surprised if it's still on the board after day 2 next year

the wisconsin back melvin gordon is like a cross between chris johnson and jamaal charles...special kid there...no doubt there's gonna be some first round pick rbs in next years class

i dont see it with dorian green backham...looks slow i see the size and all but i dont see the separation...plays high 4.6's imo...large catch radius likely will get overdrafted

i think the miami tight end walford is interesting but it's in an hback kind of way...still he's a pro and the most interesting prospect of the canes outside of duke johnson...walfords underrated...you couldnt talk me into a pick on denzel perryman

the ogbuehi grades around here were always inflated...

Perfectly said. He's dynamite.

Walter Football already has their mock out for the 2015 NFL draft.

Www.walterfootball.com

They already have the NY Jets taking Oregon QB Marcus Mariota with the 1st overall pick. :chuckle:

He has the Phins picking 10th and taking Georgia RB Todd Gurley.

Walter Football already has their mock out for the 2015 NFL draft.

Www.walterfootball.com

They already have the NY Jets taking Oregon QB Marcus Mariota with the 1st overall pick. :chuckle:

He has the Phins picking 10th and taking Georgia RB Todd Gurley.

Is that after a trade up? I think Smith will improve at least a little, and the returning team is more or less the same - with some decent additions. I'm missing how this looks at all like a 4-12 (or worse) team. And to pick Mariota over Winston . . . I'll give them a couple months to change it. No way that stands. Winston's instincts and intelligence are in another galaxy compared to Mariota - whose instincts look shaky to me. The concerns for moving him down are valid, but if you're talking about these two QB's, I'd rather bet on Winston keeping his nose clean than Martiota as a QB. Slimm called it in the draft forum, but I completely agree that Hundley is a better prospect than Mariota. He makes more mistakes than you'd like, but he's the much more instinctual QB, and he has much better physical traits. If anyone's jumping Winston, I think it's Hundley.

Is that after a trade up? I think Smith will improve at least a little, and the returning team is more or less the same - with some decent additions. I'm missing how this looks at all like a 4-12 (or worse) team. And to pick Mariota over Winston . . . I'll give them a couple months to change it. No way that stands. Winston's instincts and intelligence are in another galaxy compared to Mariota - whose instincts look shaky to me. The concerns for moving him down are valid, but if you're talking about these two QB's, I'd rather bet on Winston keeping his nose clean than Martiota as a QB. Slimm called it in the draft forum, but I completely agree that Hundley is a better prospect than Mariota. He makes more mistakes than you'd like, but he's the much more instinctual QB, and he has much better physical traits. If anyone's jumping Winston, I think it's Hundley.

They have Jameis Winston going 2nd overall to the Raiders. I don't think the Jets will be so bad that they get the first overall pick. No, they don't have the Jets trading up to #1, Walter just feels Vick and Chris Johnson will be a cancer on the Jets. I also doubt the Phins would take a RB with the 10th overall pick, even though I like Gurley.

Ogbuehi sucks. Walford has poor ball skills. Started to break him down mid season last year, but stopped after charting too many drops. I got a top 25 list in the works as we speak. Just have QB's WR's DE's and DB's to get too, and there is a lot of them at each position to break down this year.

Walford looks the part from a move athlete aspect but I will take your word on the ball skills...sounds like he fights the football...agreed on sherff mauling run blocker...I like what I see but it's probably more ideally suited for the right side...

Mariota as the top qb baffles me...unless you are gonna run some gimmick nfl offense I just don't see it...I could care less if he can run in college for 70 yard tds...

Walford looks the part from a move athlete aspect but I will take your word on the ball skills...sounds like he fights the football...agreed on sherff mauling run blocker...I like what I see but it's probably more ideally suited for the right side...

Mariota as the top qb baffles me...unless you are gonna run some gimmick nfl offense I just don't see it...I could care less if he can run in college for 70 yard tds...

Jameis. Best player in college football the past two years. Anyone who passes him up that needs a QB is a fool. Also Leonard Williams is the best non QB by far. I think he will be the best 5 technique in the league after JJ Watt.

Randy Gregory is completely overrated also. He's 6'6 with athleticism but has no clue how to rush the passer. Lewan stoned him countless times. He just runs down the middle of people and he gets his sacks off of hustle plays, or when they move him around.

Vic Beasley is by far the best edge rusher as of now. He is undersized (listed at around 235) but does EVERYTHING as a rusher. The most complete rusher I've seen in college since Von Miller. Von is on a different level athletically, but Beasley will do everything you want. Can dip and bend around the edge, convert speed to power, and counter inside. If you wanna see all that come into fruition watch this cut up..

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/vic-beasley-vs-north-carolina-state-2013/

Jameis. Best player in college football the past two years. Anyone who passes him up that needs a QB is a fool. Also Leonard Williams is the best non QB by far. I think he will be the best 5 technique in the league after JJ Watt.

Randy Gregory is completely overrated also. He's 6'6 with athleticism but has no clue how to rush the passer. Lewan stoned him countless times. He just runs down the middle of people and he gets his sacks off of hustle plays, or when they move him around.

Vic Beasley is by far the best edge rusher as of now. He is undersized (listed at around 235) but does EVERYTHING as a rusher. The most complete rusher I've seen in college since Von Miller. Von is on a different level athletically, but Beasley will do everything you want. Can dip and bend around the edge, convert speed to power, and counter inside. If you wanna see all that come into fruition watch this cut up..

Loooove Leonard Williams....looks like a future beast. As for Beasley, better bulk up because there's no hope in hell I'm taking a situational rusher that high.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

By the way, this is a nice thread but there's quite a few players that can be added. Specifically outstanding JUCO players that are ready to explode this year make a name for themselves and probably be one and done type players. As far as Alabama goes, I think Jarran Reed is one. He put us all on notice at Alabama's spring game that he's ready. Unblockable.

Also WR Chris Black. He's ready to explode. Black is just as talented and just as highly recruited as Amari Cooper was coming out of high school. Actually, he even edged out Amari Cooper for the top spot at WR in Alabama's 2012 class. He was ready to break out as a freshman until he took a hit from Ryan Anderson in fall practice, suffered and injury that forced him to redshirt. Instead, it was Cooper that broke out as a freshman. Chris has worked hard, perservered, and is ready. Mark my words, he'll establish himself early in the season and earn that name back. Shooting up the boards of draftniks everywhere in the process.

Honestly I'd love you to share a few if you can, I got some from your prospect lists too but really I'm just trying to populate it as best I can right now.

Yeah I have seen Plenty of Beasley he has edge rush tools for sure...run d leaves a lot to be desired...situational rusher pro IMO from the jump...better overall rush talents than dee ford but in a lighter package

Definitely has high end rush tools on the edge...

Yeah I have seen Plenty of Beasley he has edge rush tools for sure...run d leaves a lot to be desired...situational rusher pro IMO from the jump...better overall rush talents than dee ford but in a lighter package

Definitely has high end rush tools on the edge...

He packs a punch for how light he is.. In a 3-4 I'd have no problem standing up on the right side day 1 if he can get to 240-245ish by then.. But in a 4-3 situational forsure. I'd take him over Dion Jordan

He packs a punch for how light he is.. In a 3-4 I'd have no problem standing up on the right side day 1 if he can get to 240-245ish by then.. But in a 4-3 situational forsure. I'd take him over Dion Jordan

Yeah I meant pretty much in our d...just like dee ford...situational rusher in a 43...these guys want to play every down 34 all the way...added value for 34 teams for sure

Flowers is the best Canes prospect along with Duke Johnson. Both third year guys. Flowers is a bit stiff but he's smart and rugged.

Walford will make the highlight grab. Overall he's a big play tight end, not somebody who is dependable play after play. More fast than quick or agile. Odd frame.

Tracy Howard might consider entering the draft if he has a terrific season. So far he hasn't quite lived up to his high school clippings. Too much cushion but it could be do to the soft scheme.

I'd be shocked if Deon Bush declared early. He's been in reverse since his freshman year. There's a big chance that converted running back Dallas Crawford will start ahead of Bush to open the season.

The quarterback Williams is not pro material. Considering the guys who will start ahead of him, he'll be sorely missed until he returns from injury. The true freshman could start if the holdovers are as pathetic as I expect.

Saw a 2015 cnnsi mock with Denzel perryman to Miami with the 10 pick...you gotta be ****ing kidding me...I felt better about just how far off the mark the mock was when I saw Cedric ogbuehi at 1 overall

Outstanding thread. Great job, fear the beard. I want to do a big study of running backs, free safeties with range, and athletic mikes in particular. I hope the league continues to deemphasize backs to the extent that Miami could get Gurley at more of a bargain price.

Is there an elite mike in the Kuechly or Willis mold that you guys like? Or near elite?

How about a playmaking free safety with good hips? We need someone who can make plays in the middle of the field.

Back
Top Bottom