2015 Preliminary List of Prospects by School | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 Preliminary List of Prospects by School

TJ Yeldon not being in the top couple of backs has pretty much taken me by surprise. His size/speed ratio is enticing. When he first burst onto the scene I really was anticipating him in the draft process. It's funny, with bama backs we always seem to be anticipating their next back while the one in line now is yesterday's news.

I don't think Wallace is a true #1, but at the same time I don't get all the "cut him" arguments. If you look at last year, Wallace was consistently open. Problems with the offensive line and not being in sync with Tannehill meant leaving a lot of big plays on the field. Hopefully, with an improved offensive line we'll see a big season out of Wallace.

That said, I still think the team needs more talent at wide receiver. Miami's group isn't bad and I love the addition of Landry, but getting another difference maker would help.

I agree that Gregory is overrated. Quick note on the list. Eric Kendricks goes to UCLA - not CAL (his brother went to CAL).

I'm not at a point where I'm comfortable ranking positions going into the season, but I like Spence and Calhoun. Spence has to get bigger and stronger to play DE in the NFL, but I think he has the COD to play 3-4 OLB, and he has time to fill out his frame - going into his junior season.

I was checking Spence's statistics. He's credited with ZERO QB pressures against Penn State, and I don't know how they define a QB pressure, but he was in the QB's face all game. I haven't tallied the total, but I'd guess the total would be close to 5 - caused an INT right after his first sack. Slick pass rusher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding thread. Great job, fear the beard. I want to do a big study of running backs, free safeties with range, and athletic mikes in particular. I hope the league continues to deemphasize backs to the extent that Miami could get Gurley at more of a bargain price.

Is there an elite mike in the Kuechly or Willis mold that you guys like? Or near elite?How about a playmaking free safety with good hips? We need someone who can make plays in the middle of the field.

I've believed A.J. Johnson was near elite since he was a freshman. I don't think he's quite in the Kuechly/Willis category in terms of instincts, but he is athletically. Here's a little post I did on him after his sophomore season...

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?333861-Slimm-s-2014-Underclassman

One of the most instinctual linebackers I've seen is Tyler Matakevich, who is heading into his Junior season.

Back
Top Bottom