2015 Pro Days | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 Pro Days

i think gabe wrights one of the dts miami should target...not sure about the range of where but i think he should be on the list

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello

Corey Grant runs a 4.27 40, according to one scout's watch.

Well, we know one team that was there.

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello · 30m 30 minutes ago
Hey, Bill.

B_MCAUEVIAAw6GK.jpg:large

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello
Sammie Coates, Nick Marshall, Cameron Artis-Payne and Gabe Wright will not run 40-yard dash at Auburn Pro Day.

Corey Grant runs a 4.27 40, according to one scout's watch.

Coach Belichick taking in Pro Day on the Plains. All 32 NFL teams have scouts at #Auburn Pro Day.
B_MGX1mU8AEkkTS.png

CB Trovon Reed with a 4.57. (Highly unofficial numbers)

Robenson Therezie runs a 4.4 40 (unofficial).

C.J. Uzomah runs a 4.65 40 (unofficial).

Jermaine Whitehead runs a 4.54 (unofficial).

That time would make Uzomah one of the fastest TEs.

Corey Grant runs a 4.18 and a 4.28 on two scout watches on second 40-yard try.

I'm not sure I'm buying these times. They must have a fast track.

Joel A. Erickson @JoelAEricksonAU
Would have tied him for 2nd among TEs at the Combine. RT @bmarcello: C.J. Uzomah runs a 4.65 40 (unofficial).

OT Patrick Miller with an unofficial time of 5.12 on second 40.

add a tenth to those times...pro days are notorious for it...at least a .10

add a tenth to those times...pro days are notorious for it...at least a .10

Still pretty fast for Corey Grant. Might be a Darren Sproles clone.

CB Trovon Reed runs a low 4.4 time on second 40 try.

OG Chad Slade with an unofficial 5.14 in 40 on second try, per one scout.

TE C.J. Uzomah with a 4.62 on second run, per a scout. Slight improvement.

FS Jermaine Whitehead with a 4.43 on second 40, per a scout.

Cameron Artis-Payne doing the shuttle drills now. Hadn't worked out up until this point

No running back ran faster than 4.42, I believe, at the Combine, so no matter what the 40 time for Grant is, it's a significant step

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 9m 9 minutes ago

(Googles the name) RT @knoxbardeen: Corey Grant just ran a blazing fast 40 at Auburn’s Pro Day. Checked w/ 3 scouts: 4.19, 4.24, 4.27.

Grant did run under 10.5 100 meters in high school so the 4.27 hand time might be legit.

Darius @Qualigi
Clearly @CoreyGranttt shoulda got that combine invite. All good though. They gone learn today!

B_Mbw9BUwAAZBir.jpg

He was the star of Auburn's Pro day.

Pittsburgh Pro Day
There was a packed house at Pittsburgh for T.J. Clemmings, who did position drills. I'm told Clemmings has been getting a lot of good feedback from his performance today. To date, he's nearing 10 visits/personal workouts with franchises, and more are expected to be scheduled. As quoted to me, Clemmings' dance card is quite full.

Auburn Pro Day
As predicted earlier today, running back Corey Grant scorched the track in the 40, running times under 4.3s. As is usually the case, pro-day times are all over the place but the consensus had Grant at 4.27. His other marks were equally competitive, as Grant touched 37 inches in the vertical, 10-7 in the broad and 22reps on the bench.

I'm told the Atlanta Falcons, Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots have shown great interest in Grant, who has sealed himself as a late-round pick.

The Patriots have also shown a lot of interest in Auburn's "other" running back, Cameron Artis-Payne. The fast-rising ball-carrier stood on his 40 time from the combine but ran the shuttle and 3-cone today (still awaiting times). During drills, he was quick-footed and caught the ball exceptionally well. Expect Artis-Payne to solidify himself as a top-100 pick.

I'm told other marks include cornerback Jonathon Mincy timing 4.52 in the 40 and defensive lineman Jeff Whitaker completing 41 reps on the bench.

Kevin Colbert of the Pittsburgh Steelers was on hand for the workout.

Northwestern Pro Day
In keeping with tradition the Wildcats' pro day is late in starting, but I've been told safety Ibraheim Campbell is targeting March 17 as the day he'll run for scouts.

Mississippi State Pro Day
The Bulldogs' pro day is tomorrow, Wednesday, but I'm already told there will be a crowd on hand for Benardrick McKinney. Nearly a dozen linebacker coaches are expected to watch McKinney, who's been drawing strong interest from the Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Miami Dolphins, Chicago Bears and New York Jets, who are meeting with the linebacker for dinner this evening.

these are also the moments where all these kids get high numbers, scorching the 40s... it opens peoples eyes but they tend to go 7th round or go undrafted... make practice squads or disappear.

Cameron Artis-Payne.... i've been hearing and seeing more on this kid though... he has been rising but not top 100... wow. nice!!!

is Northwestern pro day also including Northwestern State??? I want to see and hear on CB- Imoan Claiborne

i think gabe wrights one of the dts miami should target...not sure about the range of where but i think he should be on the list

Gabe Wright has an average rating of 87. Low ranking of 77 (early 3rd round) and a high of 120 (late 4th round).

these are also the moments where all these kids get high numbers, scorching the 40s... it opens peoples eyes but they tend to go 7th round or go undrafted... make practice squads or disappear.

Cameron Artis-Payne.... i've been hearing and seeing more on this kid though... he has been rising but not top 100... wow. nice!!!

is Northwestern pro day also including Northwestern State??? I want to see and hear on CB- Imoan Claiborne

Northwestern State and Northwestern won't have the same pro day. Northwestern is in Illinois and Northwestern State is in Georgia I believe.

Cameron Artis-Payne is a good back the problem with him and Corey Grant is that it's hard to translate what they do at Auburn to what they would do in the NFL so they get knocked down a bit in the rankings and on NFL draft boards.

CB- Kevin Johnson- Wake Forest: was said to have a great pro day as well..... i just found out that he is a good bowler too. he said if he went bowling he would at least bowl a 200. now does this show the kid has the ability within to stay focused, and is one to maintain sound fundamentals and technique??? its what he brings onto the football field with what i saw in film.... or i just am stupid with the bowling thing too!!!

OLB- Davis Tull- Chattanooga: guess he followed up his great athletic combine with a solid pro day even with a slight injury. but i just read this too which stinks for him: On Wednesday, Tull is scheduled to have labrum surgery on his right shoulder, and that will likely keep him sidelined for the next four months.

lots of great pro days ahead to check out if anyone has improved since the combine on what they really needed to work on. some top guys i am interested in seeing too!!!

CB- Kevin Johnson- Wake Forest: was said to have a great pro day as well..... i just found out that he is a good bowler too. he said if he went bowling he would at least bowl a 200. now does this show the kid has the ability within to stay focused, and is one to maintain sound fundamentals and technique??? its what he brings onto the football field with what i saw in film.... or i just am stupid with the bowling thing too!!!

OLB- Davis Tull- Chattanooga: guess he followed up his great athletic combine with a solid pro day even with a slight injury. but i just read this too which stinks for him: On Wednesday, Tull is scheduled to have labrum surgery on his right shoulder, and that will likely keep him sidelined for the next four months.

lots of great pro days ahead to check out if anyone has improved since the combine on what they really needed to work on. some top guys i am interested in seeing too!!!

Curious to see where Tull goes - especially with that injury. Right now, I'm seeing him around the 3rd, and that makes sense - given the upside.

Someone got a breakdown of Corey Grant for me? In intrigued, but I'm taking a little break from watching tape..

And yes Bane, you've taken it too far with the bowling...

Gabe Wright has an average rating of 87. Low ranking of 77 (early 3rd round) and a high of 120 (late 4th round).

Northwestern State and Northwestern won't have the same pro day. Northwestern is in Illinois and Northwestern State is in Georgia I believe.

Cameron Artis-Payne is a good back the problem with him and Corey Grant is that it's hard to translate what they do at Auburn to what they would do in the NFL so they get knocked down a bit in the rankings and on NFL draft boards.

i was hoping for 4th round for wright although admittedly that doesnt really help our plugger need at dt he's kinda under to average sized at just at 300 lbs for what we need...but i think he's solid talent just not consistent enough

artis payne i think the concern for us would be not does his game translate as a rb in our offense which i think it could but the ability to catch the ball and do work in the passing game...the rbs are such a large part of the passing game for us

it's pretty obvious that miami has zero intentions of sticking with status quo at mike lb...i have no doubts if not free agency addition we getting it early in the draft...by end of day 2...whether or not that player will be a difference maker is a whole different story but we going to be adding a mike this offseason

Back
Top Bottom