2015 Pro Days | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 Pro Days

i was hoping for 4th round for wright although admittedly that doesnt really help our plugger need at dt he's kinda under to average sized at just at 300 lbs for what we need...but i think he's solid talent just not consistent enough

artis payne i think the concern for us would be not does his game translate as a rb in our offense which i think it could but the ability to catch the ball and do work in the passing game...the rbs are such a large part of the passing game for us

it's pretty obvious that miami has zero intentions of sticking with status quo at mike lb...i have no doubts if not free agency addition we getting it early in the draft...by end of day 2...whether or not that player will be a difference maker is a whole different story but we going to be adding a mike this offseason

Surprised people aren't talking about Mike Hull more. He's got plenty of athleticism; his football IQ and instincts are top notch; and he's a great tackler. If we draft a MLB, Hull in the 3rd is my preferred route. Depending on who drafts him, I think Hull can start and play very well as a rookie.

Surprised people aren't talking about Mike Hull more. He's got plenty of athleticism; his football IQ and instincts are top notch; and he's a great tackler. If we draft a MLB, Hull in the 3rd is my preferred route. Depending on who drafts him, I think Hull can start and play very well as a rookie.

One of the penn state white lbs played in a postseason all star setting i watched and athletically he had no chance...not sure who it was but that kid was stiff and very limited in pad

I checked it was hull but he had his knee scoped 2 weeks prior to the senior bowl and shut it down after practicing early in the week...i remember thinking that kids too stiff athletically but with how he test thats much more athletic than what i saw

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the penn state white lbs played in a postseason all star setting i watched and athletically he had no chance...not sure who it was but that kid was stiff and very limited in pad

I checked it was hull but he had his knee scoped 2 weeks prior to the senior bowl and shut it down after practicing early in the week...i remember thinking that kids too stiff athletically but with how he test thats much more athletic than what i saw

Check his game against Ohio State. He was forced to withdraw from the Senior Bowl because of the knee, and he mentioned that he thinks it hurt his Combine performance - said he was running in the high 4.5's/low 4.6's leading up to it and expects to run better at his Pro Day (obviously, almost everyone runs better at his Pro Day). But you see the agility translate to the field. Good player, good athlete.

Northwestern Pro Day
Representatives from 28 NFL teams, including the Philadelphia Eagles' director of college scouting Anthony Patch, attended Northwestern's pro day, where a workout was held indoors on FieldTurf.

There were eight Northwestern players present but only six worked out, including strong safety Ibraheim Campbell, who has a left hamstring injury and will run for scouts on March 17.

Linebacker Jimmy Hall (6-foot-1, 228 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.50 and 4.45 seconds. He had a 4.19-second 20-yard short shuttle time and a 6.96-second three-cone drill. Hall had a 39 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-10 broad jump. He performed 24 lifts of 225 pounds on the bench press. Hall will get a look from an NFL team, mostly like as a priority free agent following the events of the 2015 NFL Draft, because of his speed at the linebacker position.

There were 38 other players from smaller colleges in the Chicago area. Of note among those prospects were two from Illinois State, which advanced to the FCS national championship game but were defeated by North Dakota State, 29-27, in Frisco, Texas.

Wide receiver Cameron Meredith (6-3 3/8, 207) ran the 40 in 4.42 and 4.45 seconds. He had a 39-inch vertical jump and 10-foot-7 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.17 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.76 seconds. He performed 12 lifts on the bench press. He had a good positional workout and could be a priority free-agent pickup following the draft.

Tight end James O'Shaughnessy (6-4 1/4, 248) ran the 40 in 4.68 and 4.70 seconds. He had a 35-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-5 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.48 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.26 seconds. He performed 16 strength lifts. O'Shaughnessy caught two touchdown passes in the FCS national championship game, including a 41-yard scoring catch.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...sterns-pro-day-features-two-from-fcs-runnerup

Receiver Tony Jones did not work out today due to an ankle issue and is expected to workout later this month.

Underrated linebacker Chi Chi Ariguzo was the star of today's pro-day. He weighed in at 228 pounds, ran fast (high 4.6-second range) and looked terrific in drills. A Northwestern coach gushed over Ariguzo's performance to me.

Center/guard Brandon Vitabile ran 5.20/5.10 seconds in the 40 (a 1.84-second 10-yard split was his best), had a 29.5-inch vertical jump, an 8-10 broad and completed 25 reps on the bench. He measured 6-foot-5 and 314 pounds.

Official 40-yard dash times are in, and continuing a theme from the whole day, Jimmy Hall was the big winner. The outside linebacker was impressive at the bench (24 reps), the broad jump (10'10") and the vertical jump (39.5-inch vertical), and had the fastest time of the six Northwestern players who ran the 40:

Jimmy Hall: 4.50 seconds
Kyle Prater: 4.71 seconds
Chi Chi Ariguzo: 4.73 seconds
Treyvon Green: 4.89 seconds
Brandon Vitabile: 5.14 seconds
Chance Carter: 5.35 seconds

Ariguzo's time is also decent, and at the very least shouldn't hurt his draft stock. One of the knocks on him is his speed and range, so perhaps he allayed some of those fears.

Also, one other note: Ibraheim Campbell will have his Pro Day, which should include a 40-yard dash, on March 17.
http://www.insidenu.com/2015/3/3/8145543/northwestern-pro-day-official-40-yard-dash-times/in/7903270

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam Houston State Pro Day
Representatives from nine NFL teams were present for Stephen F. Austin's pro day, which took place outdoors on a windy day in Huntsville, Texas.

A total of six players worked out at the pro day, with the most notable being running back Keshawn Hill (5-foot-9 3/4, 211 pounds). Hill ran the 40-yard dash in 4.62 seconds against a 10 mile-per-hour wind and 4.55 seconds with the wind. He had a 35 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-7 broad jump. He had a 4.11-second 20-yard short shuttle time and a 7.20-second three-cone drill. Hill performed 30 lifts of 225 pounds on the bench press.

Hill showed quickness in his positional drill and looked good catching the ball out of the backfield on the wheel route. He's a potential late-round selection in the 2015 NFL Draft or a priority free-agent pickup for a team following the draft.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...state-rb-hill-could-get-look-from-an-nfl-team

Pittsburgh Pro Day
Scouts from nearly every NFL team attended Pitt’s pro day Tuesday. They came to get their last close-up look at offensive tackle T.J. Clemmings, but many left with a strong impression of an under-the-radar prospect who might sneak onto their draft boards after an impressive workout.

Ray Vinopal, a 5-foot-10, 197-pound safety, ran the fastest, jumped the highest and bench-pressed the most of all seven Pitt seniors who took part in the pro day at the UPMC facility on the South Side.

Vinopal was timed between 4.49 and 4.56 seconds in the 40-yard dash. He recorded a 35-inch vertical jump and bench-pressed 225 pounds 26 times. Only one defensive back who participated in the NFL Scouting Combine last month did 26 reps on the bench.

Vinopal, who was not invited to the combine last month, is projected as an undrafted free agent and the No. 17 free safety available in the draft. His performance Tuesday likely boosted his profile with many teams.

“I definitely think people didn’t expect me to put up the numbers I did,” said Vinopal, who spent the past two months training in Miami. “I think they’re comparable, if not better, than any [defensive back] who was in Indianapolis [for the combine]. I would have liked to have showcased my abilities at safety and my footwork a little more, but the coaches said we did all we needed to do.”

Steelers defensive backs coach Carnell Lake sought him out to shake his hand after he finished his workout. He also chatted with several other teams.

Vinopal is returning to his native Youngstown, Ohio, to continue training and hopes to make some visits with teams before the draft.

“According to my agent, I’m already on people’s radar and have a good standing in the safety class,” Vinopal said. “A good workout will help me even more. I hope it boosted my status and showed that I can play and that I’ll work.”

Clemmings, projected as a first-round pick, did not bench-press, run or jump, but did take part in an extensive offensive-line workout conducted by several NFL offensive line coaches, including the Steelers’ Mike Munchak.

Clemmings did not have a particularly impressive showing at the combine, where he recorded 22 reps in the bench press and ran a 5.24 in the 40-yard dash.

Clemmings, who is 6-4¾ and weighs 310 pounds, said he would have tested again if there was more time between the combine and pro day.

“When I was training, that’s about what I was getting,” Clemmings said. “If I had more time, I would have given it another shot, but we had an early pro day. I spoke to my agent and a couple of other people and they said I’d be fine.”

Clemmings displayed his athleticism in the offensive-line drills and competed well against fellow Panthers prospect Matt Rotheram, rated the No. 22 guard according to nfldraftscout.com. Clemmings is viewed as the offensive lineman with the highest ceiling in this draft class, but there are concerns about his technique and lack of experience at the position.

Recruited out of high school more as a basketball player than a football player, he played defensive line his first two years at Pitt before being moved to offensive line.

“There is room to grow,” Clemmings said. “I’m ready to get with a team and get that work done.”

The Steelers are not expected to use their first-round draft pick on an offensive lineman, but will meet with Clemmings today at their facility.

Other players who took part in the pro day were tight end Manasseh Garner, linebacker Anthony Gonzalez, linebacker Todd Thomas and receiver Kevin Weatherspoon.
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...at-Pitt-football-pro-day/stories/201503030196

Auburn Pro Day
Once the group workout was complete, New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick worked out defensive linemen Angelo Blackson and Gabe Wright. Keep an eye on Blackson, who ran in the low 4.9-second range today after timing a hand-held best of 4.98 seconds at the combine. He's a large (6-4.5, 318) athletic tackle who really doesn't get the credit he deserves in part due to the way Auburn used its linemen.

I'm told scouts were very impressed with Sammie Coates' workout today, especially the consistency of his hands, which has been an issue since the season. Both Coates and Cameron Artis-Payne met privately with the Cleveland Browns before the workout.

Texas A&M Pro Day
Texas A&M held its pro day this morning for football players in the 2015 NFL Draft this morning. Among the highlights:

-Linebacker Donnie Baggs recorded 22 reps at 225 pounds on the bench press which was a high among the participants. He also ran a 4.54 forty at 236 pounds, had a 4.58 in the 5-10-5, and a vertical of 35 inches.

-Tight end Cameron Clear checked in at 6 foot 5, 276 pounds.

-Cornerback Deshazor Everett checked in 5 feet 11 inches, 188 pounds and had a 4.48 forty and a 38 inch vertical jump.

-Receiver Malcome Kennedy recorded a 4.56 forty at 5 feet 11 inches, 207 pounds.

-Safety Floyd Raven was 6 feet, 202 pounds and had a 4.45 forty which was the fastest of those participating at the event.

-Defensive tackle Ivan Robinson ran a 4.94 in the 5-10-5 at 6 feet 2, 276 pounds.

-Linebacker Tommy Sanders ran a 4.6 forty at 6 feet, 212 pounds.

-Running back Trey Williams did not participate but was measured at 5 feet 7, 193 pounds.

-Offensive linemen Jarvis Harrison and Cedric Ogbuehi did not participate.

-Former A&M quarterback Jameil Showers (who finished his career at UTEP) threw for scouts.

Approximately 28 NFL teams were in attendance. The 2015 NFL Draft begins on April 30, 2015.

B_RLaNoVAAA2Tup.jpg
http://tamu.247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-AM-Pro-Day-Results-Are-In-35991504?Referer=CBSSPORTS

any word on why Cedric Ogbuehi didnt participate??? I have question marks on him, not sure how much i am fond of him

Mississippi State Pro Day
Representatives from 29 NFL teams, including the New York Jets' first-year defensive coordinator Kacy Roberts, were present at Mississippi State's pro day Wednesday.

A total of 23 players worked out indoors on FieldTurf.

Inside linebacker Benardrick McKinney (6-foot-4, 247 pounds) stood on his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine, where he was a top performer among the linebackers in the vertical jump. McKinney had an impressive positional workout, displaying that he's a real take-charge defender. McKinney has the look of a late first-round to early second-round draft choice (somewhere in the picks Nos. 25-40 range). McKinney is the No. 38-rated prospect in NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah's rankings.

Defensive end Preston Smith (6-4 3/4, 273) also stood on his numbers from the combine, where he was a top performer among defensive linemen in the 40-yard dash, broad jump, three-cone drill and 60-yard shuttle. Smith also worked out in space as an outside linebacker and even caught the ball well, reminiscent of an athlete who might have played tight end in high school. Smith is the No. 35-rated prospect in Jeremiah's rankings.

Free safety Justin Cox did not attend the pro day since he was suspended from the team indefinitely with two games remaining in 2014. He will have a personal workout at West Point High School (Miss.) on either March 11 or March 12.

Running back Josh Robinson (5-8, 215) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.65 and 4.66 seconds, and then stood on the rest of his numbers from the combine. He had an impressive positional workout, catching the ball well out of the backfield.

The next two players are potential priority free-agent signings for teams following the 2015 NFL Draft.

Linebacker Matthew Wells (6-1 3/4, 222) ran the 40 in 4.44 and 4.46 seconds. He had a 35 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-10 broad jump. He did the 20-yard short shuttle in 4.26 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.97 seconds. He performed 15 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press.

Defensive tackle Kaleb Eulls (6-2 5/8, 305) ran the 40 in 5.2 and 5.26 seconds. He had a 28-inch vertical and 8-foot-8 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.59 seconds and the three-cone in 7.31 seconds. He also had 26 strength lifts.

Mississippi State's pro day was well-organized and the NFL representatives on hand were treated to a great lunch.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...k-mckinney-solidifies-draft-status-at-pro-day

Almost 30 teams were on hand for the Mississippi State pro-day, including New York Jets defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers and a number of defensive linecoaches.

Defensive lineman Kaleb Eulls, another combine snub who participated in the Senior Bowl, measured 6-foot-2.5, posted a vertical jump of 28 inches, completed 26 reps on the bench and ran the 40 in times of 5.09 and 5.19 seconds.

Preston Smith and Benardrick McKinney worked out at both defensive line and linebacker drills.

I'm told if there was a surprise of the day it was tight end Malcolm Johnson, who drew rave reviews from scouts. The senior, who posted 28 receptions for 380 yards and three scores in 2014, looked terrific catching the ball and had some drawing comparisons to 9-year veteran Delanie Walker.

I would expect more times from the Mississippi State pro-day shortly.

Purdue Pro Day
Ryan Russell, the Boilermakers' only combine attendee, decided to run the 40 again and timed slightly faster than in Indianapolis. Russell ran 4.70-second time, compared to a hand-held best of 4.71 seconds at the combine. He also ran through both outside linebacker and defensive end drills. Russell, a sleeper of sorts, could end up being selected earlier than people presently project as teams like his size, athleticism and versatility to line-up in different defensive packages.

Skill player Akeem Hunt was very impressive today, timing 4.37 seconds in the 40 and 3.96 seconds in the short shuttle, and posting a vertical jump of 37 1/2 inches and a broad jump of 10-2. During drills, he looked outstanding at catching the ball. Like Corey Grant of Auburn, Hunt is a legitimate triple-threat skill player with the ability to carry the ball around the perimeter, catch the ball out of the backfield, or line up and return kicks or punts. Someone will get a steal in the late rounds or as an undrafted FA with him.

Gabe Holmes, the one-time highly rated tight end who has struggled with injury the past few seasons, timed in the 4.7-second range in the 40, posted a vertical jump of 33 1/2 inches and completed 21 reps on the bench.

Texas A&M Pro Day
Many were surprised when cornerback Deshazor Everett was not invited to the combine, but he proved why today. His marks included 4.47-second time in the 40, a 6.78-second time in the three-cone drill, a vertical jump of 38 inches and 10-10 in the broad jump. Over the past two days, Everett has met privately with the San Francisco 49ers, Miami Dolphins and Chicago Bears.

Texas A&M Pro Day

did anyone watch Deshazor Everett get destroyed by Amari cooper though??? in like every way possible

where did he match up speed and cone wise with the combine CBs??? also i wonder if he improved his footwork all in all on the field... plus can he run long with WRs???

Running back Josh Robinson (5-8, 215) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.65 and 4.66 seconds, and then stood on the rest of his numbers from the combine. He had an impressive positional workout, catching the ball well out of the backfield.

Get this dude in Miami please.

I'm told if there was a surprise of the day it was tight end Malcolm Johnson, who drew rave reviews from scouts. The senior, who posted 28 receptions for 380 yards and three scores in 2014, looked terrific catching the ball and had some drawing comparisons to 9-year veteran Delanie Walker.

That's would definitely be something that would interest us. I'll have to watch his tape when I get a chance.

Inside linebacker Benardrick McKinney (6-foot-4, 247 pounds) stood on his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine, where he was a top performer among the linebackers in the vertical jump. McKinney had an impressive positional workout, displaying that he's a real take-charge defender. McKinney has the look of a late first-round to early second-round draft choice (somewhere in the picks Nos. 25-40 range). McKinney is the No. 38-rated prospect in NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah's rankings.

Although i do agree, I wonder how you show that at a pro day?

Back
Top Bottom