2017/2018 CFB Playoff Rankings | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017/2018 CFB Playoff Rankings

Hey Ted...Heard we may be getting a couple of linebackers back...You heard anything more than what I read?

Hearing Christian Miller and Terrell Lewis could both be back by bowl season, and perhaps the SEC title game. Although the Iron Bowl seems to be a little ambitious at the moment. Neither has been medically cleared to participate yet, although they're in the functional phase of rehab.

Hearing Christian Miller and Terrell Lewis could both be back by bowl season, and perhaps the SEC title game. Although the Iron Bowl seems to be a little ambitious at the moment. Neither has been medically cleared to participate yet, although they're in the functional phase of rehab.
Pretty much..what I heard, except that I read Christian would be back for the Iron Bowl...Here's hoping!!!!

Pretty much..what I heard, except that I read Christian would be back for the Iron Bowl...Here's hoping!!!!

Uh oh. Wait a minute. Christian Miller tweeted this today.

Last edited:
Hope you guys get many of your injured players back. Want to see bama near full strength for the important games to come.
As far as Miami being ****y yea we were 15 - 20 years ago when we were in the Nat champ picture year in and year out but this year's team and the fan reaction to it are different. No one was talking nat champ around here. Our goal was simple , finally win a coastal championship which would be our first. The last two games have shown we can compete at that higher level and do have a pretty good chance to finish 11 - 0 and give Clemson a hell of a game. Anything after that is gravy.
The fan base is having a blast and so is the team but we are realistic enough to know it could all end abruptly but this season was always viewed as a first step knowing we should have another very good recruiting class and no matter how we end up this year the future is a lot brighter than it was pre Richt.
Also Richt has never been on top so how can you predict how he handles it. So far he's down played all the accolades and focused on getting better each week. Cann't ask for more from our HC.

Agree entirely. Getting to the top isn't the hardest part. It's staying there.

Todd Grantham's aggressive style of defense is good for turning around a below average unit. But it'll get you beat in big games. Live by the blitz...you're gonna die by it.

When Tiger showed up wearing that red shirt on Sunday everybody else knew they were playing for 2nd place. To me the most impressive thing about Saban is how he gets all those 5 stars to play to a standard. Won't ever let 'em take the rat poison.

Urban Meyer is a great coach and an even better recruiter. But he's a terrible front runner. When Saban came after him and took what he had at Florida, he left. Everytime Ohio St. gets in position to be where they want to be, they go out and lay an egg against a lesser opponent.

I've seen a lot of the same in Mark Richt at Georgia. The culture at Miami has always been to get too ****y and read their own press clippings too much. The challenge for Richt at Miami if they reach the top, is staying there. He's bad about letting his team consume all that rat poison. You'll choke to death on it.

Hence the term "3rd/4th and Grantham" that Mississippi State learned about last week against you guys. Only a caveman would still call that same blitz even after the timeout. Here at Louisville we called it "The Grantham rage blitz". Add to that the fact that we'd have defenders throwing up their arms confused as hell right before the snap, you can't consistently win big games with a system like that.

Hope you guys get many of your injured players back. Want to see bama near full strength for the important games to come.
As far as Miami being ****y yea we were 15 - 20 years ago when we were in the Nat champ picture year in and year out but this year's team and the fan reaction to it are different. No one was talking nat champ around here. Our goal was simple , finally win a coastal championship which would be our first. The last two games have shown we can compete at that higher level and do have a pretty good chance to finish 11 - 0 and give Clemson a hell of a game. Anything after that is gravy.
The fan base is having a blast and so is the team but we are realistic enough to know it could all end abruptly but this season was always viewed as a first step knowing we should have another very good recruiting class and no matter how we end up this year the future is a lot brighter than it was pre Richt.
Also Richt has never been on top so how can you predict how he handles it. So far he's down played all the accolades and focused on getting better each week. Cann't ask for more from our HC.

Not really. Being obnoxious, braggadocious and in your face is part of the culture at Miami. It's they want their reputation to be. It's what they recruit and build on. I've never seen Miami win with any class, and I've been around a long time. They're more worried about swagg or whatever.

It was just in 2006 Miami went out there and stomped on the Cardinal logo at Papa John's before the game in an ultimate and intentional sign of disrespect. They think it intimidates the opposition. They thought they were bullies.

The logo was the only stomping Miami did. Louisville promptly proceeded to stomp their ass for the next 60 minutes.

Whatever. You should know Richt by now and you should also know that's not his style.
This team is having fun but always respectful of the competition..
Hasn't always been like that but it is now and if you don't want to see it that fine by me.

By the way that incident you sighted was 12 years and 3 head coaches ago.
Bet if we do make it to the playoffs and face Bama Lou's pulling for Miami.

You just sound like a big hater slimm. Don't be a hater. You also seem to be living in the past. Things change. Richt called off the dogs versus Notre Dame. Did nothing but run for over a quarter. Do you call that class? Most teams would simply run up the score. Including Nick Saban

You just sound like a big hater slimm. Don't be a hater. You also seem to be living in the past. Things change. Richt called off the dogs versus Notre Dame. Did nothing but run for over a quarter. Do you call that class? Most teams would simply run up the score. Including Nick Saban

If interjecting a few facts here and there seems like hating to you, perhaps you're the over-sensitive type.

I can be accused of not wanting to see things, and I can make those same accusations. But I haven't yet.

Saban never runs up the score. You simply don't watch college football. Period.

He always plays backups in the second half of every single blowout game and just runs the ball. He called off the dogs on Richt at Georgia when Bama was up 31-0 at halftime. Called off the dogs and played backups again in the second half against Richt and Georgia in 2015...that's how Chubb finally broke a long run to get their only touchdown.

Last edited:
If interjecting a few facts here and there seems like hating to you, perhaps you're the over-sensitive type.

I can be accused of not wanting to see things, and I can make those same accusations. But I haven't yet.

Saban never runs up the score. You simply don't watch college football. Period.

He always plays backups in the second half of every single blowout game and just runs the ball. He called off the dogs on Richt at Georgia when Bama was up 31-0 at halftime. Called off the dogs and played backups again in the second half against Richt and Georgia in 2015...that's how Chubb finally broke a long run to get their only touchdown.
National Championship where he scored up by 10 with like 57 Seconds left? Could have taken a knee. That's what I call running up the score game is in the books they can't stop you from kneeing. Also don't insult me cuz you disagree

National Championship where he scored up by 10 with like 57 Seconds left? Could have taken a knee. That's what I call running up the score game is in the books they can't stop you from kneeing. Also don't insult me cuz you disagree

What NC game are you referring to and how did I insult you?

What NC game are you referring to and how did I insult you?
2010 vs Texas. You said I don't watch college football period, like I can't possibly know what I'm talking about

2010 vs Texas. You said I don't watch college football period, like I can't possibly know what I'm talking about

Again, it wasn't an insult it was a fact. By your own admission.

Secondly, that wasn't running up the score. Arenas intercepted them with 1:48 left and didn't even try to return it...just fell down. Trying NOT to run up the score.

Saban was just going to run out the clock, but a big run by Richardson on 1st down in addition to a face mask penalty by Texas put Bama in a no win situation in terms of scoring.

Bama couldn't take knees without risking Texas forcing us to kick a FG and run up the score. We tried NOT to run up the score, taking the play clock all the way down between snaps. All Texas had to do was tackle our RB and a knee was going to follow.

Texas only had 1 timeout and it was first down if I recall. He could have kneed absolutely. There's also stories against Ole Miss where he is throwing deep late in the 4th up by like 50. But I guess that's not running up the score either

I watch enough to know Nick Saban doesn't change his playcalling when he's up big. You may not see it as running up the score but other people certainly do

I didn't mean to go out of the way to insult Alabama. I just got caught up in the moment when you called Miami classless. 1 hangup I'm seeing is you brought up something from over a decade ago and you keep harping on Mark Richts past. You know things can change right? I've said this before but usually coaches at Miami don't win national championships prior or after being at Miami but they win at Miami. Richt also played at UM. He should fare better at his alumni

Back
Top Bottom