2017/2018 CFB Playoff Rankings | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017/2018 CFB Playoff Rankings

I'm ok with Miami being #1 and Bama #2...Im tired of being #1 all the time..LOL...at this point 1 or 2 doesn't matter,plus that #1 puts a big target on you.
From now on out...just win..your in.....lose..your out...makes it simple.

What's the thoughts on tonight? Have to think they follow the ap poll. Alabama will be #1 Miami and Clemson 2 and 3. Oklahoma should be 4.

I think there is a legit chance that Bama, Clemson and Oklahoma will be ahead of Miami.

1. Alabama
2. Oklahoma
3. Clemson
4. Miami
5. Wisconsin
6. Auburn
7. Georgia

The only 7 teams left that control their own destiny.

Sorry Kdawg...but,and this is coming from a Bama guy...if Miami is not 1 or 2......something is very wrong.

Sorry Kdawg...but,and this is coming from a Bama guy...if Miami is not 1 or 2......something is very wrong.

Seeing it from the committee POV, They are going with the data they have.

Although Miami has their big win and are undefeated, ND win took a hit with GA getting blown out. Va Tech loss, no big road win as the FSU game means nothing this year. Close games did not exit the equation.

Old polls, 1 or 2 seem accurate (as we saw). This CFP is different tho. Sure they still may be #1 or 2 tonight but there is no pressure to put them there because they know they can play the result up to the end with no consequence.

Bama undefeated and finally got a big road win on the resume that trounces anything Miami has done. Oklahoma has 3 wins vs. current projected top 15 teams. Clemson does have a big road loss to Syracuse but they had QB issues that game. The Auburn win looks real good on the resume tho.

Latest playoff standings:
(I still believe it means nothing)

1) Alabama (+1)
2) Clemson (+2)
3) Miami (+4)
4) Oklahoma (+1)
5) Wisconsin (+3)
6) Auburn (+4)
7) Georgia (-6)
8) Notre Dame (-5)
9) Ohio State (+4)
10) Penn State (+4

Looks fine to me. Still some games left to play and I would not want to be #1 this early on. They are better playing with a chip on their shoulders.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Miami will be #1 when they beat Clemson. Pretty sure that game will feature #1 and #2. Alabama is gonna lose the week prior to Auburn

I'm gonna go ahead and say Miami will be #1 when they beat Clemson. Pretty sure that game will feature #1 and #2. Alabama is gonna lose the week prior to Auburn
In that case Alabama may not even be in the top 4.
Auburn would go to the SEC Championship game.

Let the Canes win out first. 1 or 4? It doesn't matter to me. It would be a season beyond anybody's expectations.

They should put Miami #1.

Otherwise there was no point in actually watching any of the games if they're just going to ignore what they watched.

It's like I tried to tell LouPhinFan last year...when the CFB playoff rankings come out, whoever has that #1 beside their name is playing under an entirely different amount of pressure than anybody else.

Georgia found that out today. They crumbled under the pressure. Auburn could sense it during the game and fed off of it.

When you're #1 you get every team's best game. Every single week. You don't get that ranked anywhere else.

Very, very few programs can handle that kind of pressure week in and week out. Some can't handle it at all.

And U of L promptly fell on their faces, well the offensive line and defense did at least. Houston (and LSU) buzzsawed our OL and UK (of all programs) outcoached Todd Grantham. That's why he's at Mississippi State now. That appears to have been a poor trade on our part.

It really is a culture thing. Miami is going to have to relearn how to front run. Richt has them back and they're only going to get better but that is something they'll have to relearn. It's universal across all sports, regardless of type. The 2 greatest front runners I've ever personally seen in sports (at least the sports I've routinely watched) are the Alabama Crimson Tide and Tiger Woods. Tennis appears to have good front runners, but I don't watch the sport so I can't say for certain. I don't think there's any shame in not knowing how to wear the crown either. So few get to do it.

And U of L promptly fell on their faces, well the offensive line and defense did at least. Houston (and LSU) buzzsawed our OL and UK (of all programs) outcoached Todd Grantham. That's why he's at Mississippi State now. That appears to have been a poor trade on our part.

It really is a culture thing. Miami is going to have to relearn how to front run. Richt has them back and they're only going to get better but that is something they'll have to relearn. It's universal across all sports, regardless of type. The 2 greatest front runners I've ever personally seen in sports (at least the sports I've routinely watched) are the Alabama Crimson Tide and Tiger Woods. Tennis appears to have good front runners, but I don't watch the sport so I can't say for certain. I don't think there's any shame in not knowing how to wear the crown either. So few get to do it.

Agree entirely. Getting to the top isn't the hardest part. It's staying there.

Todd Grantham's aggressive style of defense is good for turning around a below average unit. But it'll get you beat in big games. Live by the blitz...you're gonna die by it.

When Tiger showed up wearing that red shirt on Sunday everybody else knew they were playing for 2nd place. To me the most impressive thing about Saban is how he gets all those 5 stars to play to a standard. Won't ever let 'em take the rat poison.

Urban Meyer is a great coach and an even better recruiter. But he's a terrible front runner. When Saban came after him and took what he had at Florida, he left. Everytime Ohio St. gets in position to be where they want to be, they go out and lay an egg against a lesser opponent.

I've seen a lot of the same in Mark Richt at Georgia. The culture at Miami has always been to get too ****y and read their own press clippings too much. The challenge for Richt at Miami if they reach the top, is staying there. He's bad about letting his team consume all that rat poison. You'll choke to death on it.

Hey Ted...Heard we may be getting a couple of linebackers back...You heard anything more than what I read?

Back
Top Bottom