2017/2018 CFB Playoff Rankings | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017/2018 CFB Playoff Rankings

The Bama team I saw tonight, the Canes can hang with. State was pushing them around and looked more physical at the LOS than Bama for stretches in that game. Tons of lapses in the middle of the field by the State Defense when they couldn't get to the Bama QB and they got burned for huge chunks of yardage.

But I watched all of the Auburn game, and that team, in that stadium, was easily the best SEC performance I saw this year. Their RB is a legit stud and that defense at home is tough to handle.

I tend to agree that Bama with those LB injuries can lose that game @ Auburn and not be in the SEC title game.

If Fitzgerald didn't blow Bama loses. Bama can't be happy with their team. They are gonna slip up

I think Miami is better then Clemson Oklahoma and maybe even Bama

Oklahoma is probably the scariest team for Miami right now.

Clemson will be tough because they can match us athlete for athlete.

A ball contol Bama offense and their physical defense will always be a problem.

But I think Miami has more than shown that they should be in the conversation as much as anybody as their is no "dominant" team in college football right now.

I think the committee puts us 3rd for now. They like Bama and Clemson. In no way can they justify Oklahoma ahead of us

They should put Miami #1.

Otherwise there was no point in actually watching any of the games if they're just going to ignore what they watched.

It's like I tried to tell LouPhinFan last year...when the CFB playoff rankings come out, whoever has that #1 beside their name is playing under an entirely different amount of pressure than anybody else.

Georgia found that out today. They crumbled under the pressure. Auburn could sense it during the game and fed off of it.

When you're #1 you get every team's best game. Every single week. You don't get that ranked anywhere else.

Very, very few programs can handle that kind of pressure week in and week out. Some can't handle it at all.

If Fitzgerald didn't blow Bama loses. Bama can't be happy with their team. They are gonna slip up

The QB was good enough to win. Bama just found ways to convert huge chunks on simple pass plays against an overaggressive defense.

The talent difference at the skills was the key difference IMO.

The only worry is Miami played well as the underdog these past 2 weeks. How do they handle being favored? Otherwise like I've said we go as far as Rosier takes us. We basically neutered him tonight. No overly aggressive passes

The only worry is Miami played well as the underdog these past 2 weeks. How do they handle being favored? Otherwise like I've said we go as far as Rosier takes us. We basically neutered him tonight. No overly aggressive passes

Yep, it's a whole lot different when you're the hunter instead of the hunted...trust me.

You have to find different ways to manufacture so much psychological motivation ever week, and you can only do that for so long. Eventually you just simply run out. You start playing tight. The cracks appear. The losses follow.

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown".

It's a fact.

Still don't care about a bunch of geezers making all the decisions. 4 weeks ago they "knew what they were doing" and picked the playoff teams. Since then they have been taught a lesson.
But I can see them still picking a 2-loss ND over the Canes. In 2 weeks Alabama will get a licking from Auburn. Canes will beat Clemson but just to protect the status quo I can see GA and AL (over Auburn) and ND and Clemson (over MIA) going to the playoffs - just to say "oh we were right all along".

Yep, it's a whole lot different when you're the hunter instead of the hunted...trust me.

You have to find different ways to manufacture so much psychological motivation ever week, and you can only do that for so long. Eventually you just simply run out. You start playing tight. The cracks appear. The losses follow.

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown".

It's a fact.
Oh please. I told you before it is a cycle. While still undefeated Alabama may end up with one or possibly 2 losses. I taped the Bama game and just watched it. Saban is past his shelf life. His longest coaching tenures were 4 years. He is way beyond that. You can tell when you watch the shots from the sideline. From excited and bitching he has now that golf clap for everything - bad play or good play.
He will quit within two years (max) and go somewhere else. God forbid Bama loses to Auburn, the SEC Championship game and a bowl game (or playoff game). I can tell you right now he might be the coach for the Gators next year.
He likes to be the hero. Celebrated. When he came to Alabama they were desperate to win an NC again. No SEC Championship in 8 years and a total of one SEC Championship since the last NC (15 years).

Now, a one-loss Alabama team is considered a failure. Honeymoon with Saban is over.

As a Canes fan everything I hoped for is accomplished: win the Coastal and be back in the top 10. Everything else now is gravy. I didn't expect playoffs this year, I didn't expect undefeated this year and for sure not an NC.
And neither did the Hurricanes. They are now into the freestyle competition. No pressure.

Oh please. I told you before it is a cycle. While still undefeated Alabama may end up with one or possibly 2 losses. I taped the Bama game and just watched it. Saban is past his shelf life. His longest coaching tenures were 4 years. He is way beyond that. You can tell when you watch the shots from the sideline. From excited and bitching he has now that golf clap for everything - bad play or good play.
He will quit within two years (max) and go somewhere else. God forbid Bama loses to Auburn, the SEC Championship game and a bowl game (or playoff game). I can tell you right now he might be the coach for the Gators next year.
He likes to be the hero. Celebrated. When he came to Alabama they were desperate to win an NC again. No SEC Championship in 8 years and a total of one SEC Championship since the last NC (15 years).

Now, a one-loss Alabama team is considered a failure. Honeymoon with Saban is over.

As a Canes fan everything I hoped for is accomplished: win the Coastal and be back in the top 10. Everything else now is gravy. I didn't expect playoffs this year, I didn't expect undefeated this year and for sure not an NC.
And neither did the Hurricanes. They are now into the freestyle competition. No pressure.

And I told you before. Dynasties come in cycles at Alabama. Success for Miami is not getting lost trying to make it to Charlotte for the first time.

A 1 loss team is not considered a failure at Alabama, just could've been better. Saban has won 3 National Championships at Alabama with 1 loss teams.

Saban is not leaving to go to Florida. But when he does quit, we'll thank him for all that he's done. No matter when he does it.

Last time I looked, this Alabama team was still undefeated and #1. This dynasty ain't over just yet.

Nobody has won anything yet. They all want it, but they all know who they're going to have to beat to take it. This ain't Notre Dame or Florida St. or Virginia Tech. No matter how injured we are.

And I told you before. Dynasties come in cycles at Alabama. Success for Miami is not getting lost trying to make it to Charlotte for the first time.

A 1 loss team is not considered a failure at Alabama, just could've been better. Saban has won 3 National Championships at Alabama with 1 loss teams.

Saban is not leaving to go to Florida. But when he does quit, we'll thank him for all that he's done. No matter when he does it.

Last time I looked, this Alabama team was still undefeated and #1. This dynasty ain't over just yet.

Nobody has won anything yet. They all want it, but they all know who they're going to have to beat to take it. This ain't Notre Dame or Florida St. or Virginia Tech. No matter how injured we are.
I see, now VT and ND are nothing. I guess that's why we beat them soundly because they are nothing.
Bamas schedule is loaded with top 10 teams. They are great.

And 3 weeks ago the Playoff committee was the all-knowing gods of college football and "had it right".

Every team has injuries at this point. We lost our best offensive player in the 3rd game and our best receiver from last year is just now getting back on the field.
It is what it is.

Every team has injuries at this point. We lost our best offensive player in the 3rd game and our best receiver from last year is just now getting back on the field.
It is what it is.

I've never seen injuries hit Bama like they have this year. Not in 50 years. Our entire starting LB core is out for the season except Rashaan Evans....who has also missed games with injury. He's hurt. Half our backup linebackers are also injured and out. Some for the season also.

Da'Shawn Hand has been injured and missed the last month. Our other DE got shot in the leg right before the FSU game and Robert Foster wrecked a motorcycle and had stitches in his back.

Starting TE Forristall lost for the year in the first game against FSU. Starting LG Pierschbacher is out for a month now.

Alabama is the only team in the country that can withstand that type of attrition, and even we're at our limit.

There's a difference between injuries and decimation.

Then you've done well to stay undefeated.

What's the thoughts on tonight? Have to think they follow the ap poll. Alabama will be #1 Miami and Clemson 2 and 3. Oklahoma should be 4.

Back
Top Bottom