2018 NFL Draft order as of right now | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 NFL Draft order as of right now

I love Minkah Fitzpatrick. I think Miami currently has #7 draft order though and at that range we may be able to get Saquon Barkley or Bradley Chubb, either of which I'd recommend.
Why Barkley when plenty of other rb’s to get later? I would be mad with this pick with the playmakers on defense that will be available.

Chubb would be ideal. If Harold Landry, Malik Jefferson, Roquan Smith, Josh Jackson, and/or Minkah Fitzpatrick excel over the offseason and test like high-end athletes, I'll like any/all. Outside of one of those, I hate going WR, but Courtland Sutton is my favorite WR prospect since 2011. Total package.

One RB that intrigues me is Auburn’s Kerryon Johnson, he’s a well rounded runner, who could be a steal in round 2 or later.

Chubb would be ideal. If Harold Landry, Malik Jefferson, Roquan Smith, Josh Jackson, and/or Minkah Fitzpatrick excel over the offseason and test like high-end athletes, I'll like any/all. Outside of one of those, I hate going WR, but Courtland Sutton is my favorite WR prospect since 2011. Total package.

Hey J-off-her-doll....Interesting that you mention Sutton. With the way Parker is playing I wouldn't rule out wide receiver. The team could use a consistent #1 type. Parker may get there, but how long do you wait?

I like Chubb a lot, but wonder if he's a good enough pass rusher to take top 10? This doesn't appear to be a good year for pass rushers, which is too bad because Miami needs one.

Jackson and Fitzpatrick are top 10's in my book. I think the Dolphins would have to consider Barkley as well.

Hey J-off-her-doll....Interesting that you mention Sutton. With the way Parker is playing I wouldn't rule out wide receiver. The team could use a consistent #1 type. Parker may get there, but how long do you wait?

I like Chubb a lot, but wonder if he's a good enough pass rusher to take top 10? This doesn't appear to be a good year for pass rushers, which is too bad because Miami needs one.

Jackson and Fitzpatrick are top 10's in my book. I think the Dolphins would have to consider Barkley as well.

Parker's struggles certainly make Sutton a more realistic option. With a good OL and running game, I don't think you need an alpha WR - like Sutton or what Parker is supposed to be. But, if you don't (current situation for Miami), a true alpha will open up the rest of the offense. Sutton's quickness for his size is very impressive. He makes cuts like a smaller, lighter WR. Despite being bigger, he's much quicker than Parker.

If Chubb declared for the 2017 Draft, I would have agreed that his pass rush is not top-10 worthy. Based on 2017, it's definitely good enough. He just has to show that he's a reasonably good athlete, which I expect to be the case. He reminds me of Jared Allen and also a little of Joey Bosa. I think he'll do alright on the jumps and 40, but I expect him to do really well in the agility drills and solidify his top-10 spot. I remember watching the 2016 Combine, and Bosa had a bad start to the day - running slow, not jumping well, and people started talking about him falling outside the top 10. Then he destroyed the 3-cone. It was a "There it is" moment. As good as he was at Ohio St., it would have been almost unthinkable for him to lack an elite trait. I feel the same way about Chubb, but we'll see.

I'm good with Barkley, and I think he should fit what Gase wants to do with his RB's - outside zone, catching the ball out of the backfield, etc. For most teams, I'd prefer Guice, but Barkley looks like a better fit in Miami. Fitzpatrick will probably have one of the best Combines of the class, and I'm curious to how Jackson does. He reminds me of a longer Casey Hayward - also a little of Asante Samuel.

We will be drafting top 10 and probably as high as 6. I have always supported Tannehill but a big time QB will be tempting. Having said that we have so many holes that swiss cheese has nothing on us. Trading down also makes sense if we can get a GREAT deal and of course depending on who's there and what we do in free agency. I just wish t-dumb wasn't calling the shots as I don't trust what he'll do with the picks. Knowing him we can expect him to move up(wasting more picks)for a player that can't get on the field

Ozzy rules!!
It’s amazing how many of those holes get smaller when you have an elite QB guiding your team.

It’s amazing how many of those holes get smaller when you have an elite QB guiding your team.

That's true. I think Tannehill is slightly above average. The team can win with him. But, Miami may be in a position to get someone with more upside in this draft.

Elite? That is the question. Is there an elite qb in this draft? I know there are 4-5 that will be drafted in the first round, maybe as many as four in the top 10.

Back
Top Bottom