2018 Off-season changes | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Off-season changes

McCain had been doing good last few games. I really like to see our WR,s like this in 2018 Josh Gordan, Landry, Stills. Trade Parker for a 3rd and move on.
So you would trade Josh Gordon...who's basically one violation away from being banned from the NFL for good, over Parker...lol. You must work for the Browns front office.

He's halfway into a 6 year deal, so not sure where this came from?

Miami has typically waited too long to find suitable replacement for players getting up in years. Plus, we've heard talk that Suh could be cut, although I don't necessarily believe that. If so, it wouldn't make sense until after the 2018 season. So if the team goes that route after 2018 it would be nice to have another dominant DT in place.

There are a number of really good ones in this draft and who knows what the position could offer in the next few years. I know the organization is constantly filling immediate needs, but looking ahead wouldn't be a bad idea. Same at safety where Jones is getting up there and with Timmons signed for just one more year.

Miami has typically waited too long to find suitable replacement for players getting up in years. Plus, we've heard talk that Suh could be cut, although I don't necessarily believe that. If so, it wouldn't make sense until after the 2018 season. So if the team goes that route after 2018 it would be nice to have another dominant DT in place.

There are a number of really good ones in this draft and who knows what the position could offer in the next few years. I know the organization is constantly filling immediate needs, but looking ahead wouldn't be a bad idea. Same at safety where Jones is getting up there and with Timmons signed for just one more year.
I agree with a lot of that, but you stated that his contract is up soon.

I don't think they'd just let him walk, but then again this is an extremely stupid front office. Have a feeling he gets tagged.

It doesn't look like we have the money to resign him never mind the cap
hit that would be from tagging him

This year the wide receiver tag was $15.682 million
NO way the Dolphins take that cap hit or even more for Landry

With Suh's cap hit increasing by $7 million form 2017 to 2018
Jones cap hit increases by almost $8 mill
Branch's cap hit increases by $5 mill
James cap hit increases by almost $7 mill
Timmons almost a $5 mill increase
Stills a $6 mill increase
Alonso almost $7 mill increase

That's a heck of an increase of cap hits from 2017 to 2018
and then add another $15 million plus cap hit for tagging Landry
Not a snowballs chance in hell with Landry.

No way I would pay JuWuan James 9.5M next year. If I can't get him at a reasonable rate then I rescind the 5th year option and let him walk. He makes too many mental mistakes and has never realized his value.

Bushrod needs to be replaced with a mauler. I keep Larsen but I really need to get a look at him. Pouncey would be gone as well at his 9M cap hit. We need the money to resign Landry. They have to get Tunsil on track so I would probably go after a top notch OL coach if I can find one.

Say goodbye to Julius Thomas.

We are stuck with Branch but I never would have signed him to that guaranteed contract. Stupid. I would also re-sign William Hayes. They also need to get something out of Stephone for what we gave for him. Another stupid move.

2018 I'm going all in on the O-line to protect Tannehill as well as finding a RB in the draft. First 4 picks would be OL, OL RB, TE then I would sign a guard.

3 cuts with Pouncey, James & Thomas would get us somewhere around 30M in cap space according to spotrac.com. Maybe take a run at Andrew Norwell or Weston Richburg.

No way I would pay JuWuan James 9.5M next year. If I can't get him at a reasonable rate then I rescind the 5th year option and let him walk. He makes too many mental mistakes and has never realized his value.

Bushrod needs to be replaced with a mauler. I keep Larsen but I really need to get a look at him. Pouncey would be gone as well at his 9M cap hit. We need the money to resign Landry. They have to get Tunsil on track so I would probably go after a top notch OL coach if I can find one.

Say goodbye to Julius Thomas.

We are stuck with Branch but I never would have signed him to that guaranteed contract. Stupid. I would also re-sign William Hayes. They also need to get something out of Stephone for what we gave for him. Another stupid move.

2018 I'm going all in on the O-line to protect Tannehill as well as finding a RB in the draft. First 4 picks would be OL, OL RB, TE then I would sign a guard.

3 cuts with Pouncey, James & Thomas would get us somewhere around 30M in cap space according to spotrac.com. Maybe take a run at Andrew Norwell or Weston Richburg.

so you are going right tackle top pick pretty much when you open up that massive hole? god that's not exciting...and waiting til the 4th round for the new flex/starting tight end?

4th round you gonna end up with either pure projects or in line only options...richburg would interest me norwell is gonna have a brinks truck back up to his door

I think they plan on Larsen being the starting left guard in 2018...just the vibe im getting

James has been our best and most consistent OL guy this season.

No way we'll go o-line with our first two picks. The only o-line that you should draft in the first round is a LT imo. Don't be surprised if we go Corner with our first pick then TE in the 2nd(would like Andrews if he's there). If we get rid of Pouncey then maybe a Center in the 4th round. 3rd round? Maybe a QB to groom. Guard should come in free agency

Ozzy rules!!

Since Aponte left our cap went from being in good shape
to what we have today and next season will be worse.

#1 priority going into 2018 is to finally fix the damn offensive line. No more band aids. Mike Pouncey is done, sorry but he can no longer play at a high level and is taking up too much cap space for the level of play they are getting from him. Tunsil needs to either step up and start playing to his talent level at LT or he needs to be moved back to LG. Which would mean the Dolphins would need to invest heavily in a new LT. Now with Ja'Wuan James apparent "serious" injury and high salary the Dolphins will need to find a new RT. This team can not rely on starting unproven or injured players such as Jesse Davis & Eric Smith. They should strive to have starters who aren't career backups like Ted Larsen or limited talent players like Anthony Steen & Sam Young. Can we please finally let Jermon Bushrod retire? Almost all available resources need to go towards putting together an above average offensive line. The team has many other needs such as QB, TE, RB, FS & slot CB but the priority needs to be the offensive line.

This team desperately needs a tight end in round one. I've been impressed with Oklahoma's Mark Andrews.

I am guessing they would get at least a 3rd round comp pick by him leaving free agency so unless they get a 1st, hang onto him. Personally I am ok with that, we are still in the hunt and trading Jarvis would waive the white flag.

Wasn't there a rumor that the Bears offered a 2nd and 4th before the deadline? If we didn't think we could sign him, that would have been decent compensation.

Wasn't there a rumor that the Bears offered a 2nd and 4th before the deadline? If we didn't think we could sign him, that would have been decent compensation.
It would have but I think that sends a bad message in the locker room. They like him as a player, they just wish he was a better route runner as he is quite limited in that regard

Back
Top Bottom