2024 prediction | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 prediction

You'll see.

Im not happy about it bro, just calling it like I see it.
Health is the only thing I care about. We got the best center available and we're still on the hunt for a guard plus Tua was getting the ball out of there quickly. We got a pro bowl CB to replace a pro bowl CB, made DE a focus to add depth and help us be able to stay competitive on D. We added the best WR3 available which is a huge level up skillwise there and he can fill in for Waddle and Hill competently. We added a potential blue chip TE who is also the fastest in the league. Added another potentially dominant RB who also loves to block, Achane beefed up plus we added a highly sought after young DC from our AFC nemesis who is young and hungry. Meanwhile we now have Butch Berry coming back for year 2 as OL coach which should help the OL immensely.

Only some massive injuries would keep us from having a very deep playoff run if not even further.

Health is the only thing I care about. We got the best center available and we're still on the hunt for a guard plus Tua was getting the ball out of there quickly. We got a pro bowl CB to replace a pro bowl CB, made DE a focus to add depth and help us be able to stay competitive on D. We added the best WR3 available which is a huge level up skillwise there and he can fill in for Waddle and Hill competently. We added a potential blue chip TE who is also the fastest in the league. Added another potentially dominant RB who also loves to block, Achane beefed up plus we added a highly sought after young DC from our AFC nemesis who is young and hungry. Meanwhile we now have Butch Berry coming back for year 2 as OL coach which should help the OL immensely.

Only some massive injuries would keep us from having a very deep playoff run if not even further.
With all due respect, nothing you just said indicates we will be more physical on the D line or the Oline.

Same old half measures patching the interior oline that lost its 2 best, most physical players. Tua is going to get killed when teams drop 8 into coverage again. I dont care how fast the ****ing receivers are.

Jets and Pats both improved a great deal.

If injuries don't get out of control, I believe Miami can be anywhere between 11 - 15 wins.

With all due respect, nothing you just said indicates we will be more physical on the D line or the Oline.

Same old half measures patching the interior oline that lost its 2 best, most physical players. Tua is going to get killed when teams drop 8 into coverage again. I dont care how fast the ****ing receivers are.

Jets and Pats both improved a great deal.

This is...unusual. I think the Fins are going to miss Hunt initially - Connor Williams less so. Remember, he was out half the season.

Do you believe there will be a big defensive fall-off? Because I don't. If anything, I think everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised by the defense this year.

While I believe the Jets and Pats improved, their O-Lines are still for ****. The OL that the Pats drafted in the 3rd was a huge reach, IMO, and their OL has gotten worse every year since Scarnecchia hung 'em up.

That has what bearing on this year? Are you going with the cold hand fallacy? How ridiculous. If you can't get fired up at this point, just go take up pickleball.
Sadly, I am not the least bit fired up. I used to have the fire and passion for this team but its has been exhausted over the years. Now I just expect disappointment.

This is...unusual. I think the Fins are going to miss Hunt initially - Connor Williams less so. Remember, he was out half the season.

Do you believe there will be a big defensive fall-off? Because I don't. If anything, I think everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised by the defense this year.

While I believe the Jets and Pats improved, their O-Lines are still for ****. The OL that the Pats drafted in the 3rd was a huge reach, IMO, and their OL has gotten worse every year since Scarnecchia hung 'em up.
Right now, the Defense is a big question mark. We dont know what scheme the new DC is going to run and how the players we have fit. I think there will be a steep drop off in run defense with the absence of Wilkins and Chubb. Regardless, it will take the players a while to learn the system and make it work. It MAY be functional by mid-season.

On offense it all comes down to the offensive line. We were a different team with Williams out, and even worse when Hunt went down. Maybe Brewer is the answer, but until I see it, Im viewing it as another patchwork mess. Even if we sign FAs at this point, we are signing guys that 31 other teams didnt want on their own porous olines, not a lot of faith we will get that fixed any time soon.

Our offense is all smoke and mirrors. Early in the year we had great success. Teams werent prepared for the shock and awe attack. Now, however, they have the playbook. If a team like the Titans could shut us down late in the year (like everyone else in the last month and a half of the year) you better bet the rest of the NFL will follow suit this season. Flood the secondary with defenders and let your 3 man front abuse Miami's weak oline. They will get to Tua in 2 seconds without blitzing. There is only so much of that he can take before he gets overwhelmed.

It is going to be a long season.

If injuries don't get out of control, I believe Miami can be anywhere between 11 - 15 wins.

In order, this O will live or die on
1) Injuries
2) Mcd
In order, this O will live or die on
1) Weaver and acclimation to a new scheme
2) front 7

Right now, the Defense is a big question mark. We dont know what scheme the new DC is going to run and how the players we have fit. I think there will be a steep drop off in run defense with the absence of Wilkins and Chubb. Regardless, it will take the players a while to learn the system and make it work. It MAY be functional by mid-season.

On offense it all comes down to the offensive line. We were a different team with Williams out, and even worse when Hunt went down. Maybe Brewer is the answer, but until I see it, Im viewing it as another patchwork mess. Even if we sign FAs at this point, we are signing guys that 31 other teams didnt want on their own porous olines, not a lot of faith we will get that fixed any time soon.

Our offense is all smoke and mirrors. Early in the year we had great success. Teams werent prepared for the shock and awe attack. Now, however, they have the playbook. If a team like the Titans could shut us down late in the year (like everyone else in the last month and a half of the year) you better bet the rest of the NFL will follow suit this season. Flood the secondary with defenders and let your 3 man front abuse Miami's weak oline. They will get to Tua in 2 seconds without blitzing. There is only so much of that he can take before he gets overwhelmed.

It is going to be a long season.

All good points and no one would really disagree.

Only point I'd make myself is that the objective on the OL isn't to get better but to gather a collection of guys who can stay healthy all year. Last year, AJax was the only guy who we had start all year. I don't care how "good" guys are if they're in and out of the lineup.

Brewer may not be Connor Williams but if he can start 17 games (which he's done both of the last 2 years) he's an upgrade. We saw that Eichenberg not only had some potential at RG but also could play through nagging injuries. Again, that's super important and will go a long way.

There's nothing we can do about Armstead but pray. He's locked in and it's just an issue we have to suffer through but we have Lamm and other backups. I worry about Isaiah Wynn's ability to start 17 games which I why I think Miami might add another guy.

Tua doesn't need perfect protection. He's a good QB. What he needs is a consistent lineup game-in, game-out.

All good points and no one would really disagree.

Only point I'd make myself is that the objective on the OL isn't to get better but to gather a collection of guys who can stay healthy all year. Last year, AJax was the only guy who we had start all year. I don't care how "good" guys are if they're in and out of the lineup.

Brewer may not be Connor Williams but if he can start 17 games (which he's done both of the last 2 years) he's an upgrade. We saw that Eichenberg not only had some potential at RG but also could play through nagging injuries. Again, that's super important and will go a long way.

There's nothing we can do about Armstead but pray. He's locked in and it's just an issue we have to suffer through but we have Lamm and other backups. I worry about Isaiah Wynn's ability to start 17 games which I why I think Miami might add another guy.

Tua doesn't need perfect protection. He's a good QB. What he needs is a consistent lineup game-in, game-out.
I agree about the health thing, but Eichenberg wasnt part of the solution, he was part of the problem. The guy was lost on half of his snaps and looked like a boy playing a mens game when it came to his physicality.

Relying on Eichenberg is a colassal mistake.

Back
Top Bottom