3rd for Matt Casell -What do you think dols? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3rd for Matt Casell -What do you think dols?

satz

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I been thinking about this >how would the dolphins feel if a 3rd rounder was trader for matt casell.We have seen him play some and he looks like a strong future prospect.

But with the saban / bb relationship they would have jumped for a 3rd rounder for him and would have been cheaper as hell then joey and cpep next year[cpep 9 million and joey i do not know]..He is young to boot and comes from a similar system .He is on his rookie contract till 08 and is developing good .

just a question maybe a bad idea but throwing it out their.he did play against your starters last year.

they would never do it. He'll be starting for them in three years. That guy is going to be great

Ok, I don't think he'd be starting for them in two years(them being the pats), however any high draft pick for Matt Cassel is foolish. That's not even taking into account the consecutive 2nd round picks we used on our own QBs. A 3rd for Matt Cassel is no different than a 2nd for Feeley. I'm not suggesting we do this, but if we want to get a QB who was the backup to a high profile college QB, we might as well pick up Justin Zwick from Ohio State. He'll definitely be available in the 6th round or later. Heck, he might even be a undrafted f/a. Why go off and squander a high draft pick when we have so much invested in the QBs already? It makes no sense.

I'd take Matt Cassel or Matt Schaub...however the compensation for either would of course be debatable...

3rd might be a long shot .so maybe a 4th with a conditional 3rd.

The point is not that he is a good backup qb in college.The point is he has been the backup and won the 2nd qb spot with the patriots.He is groomed into the roll by tom brady and doug flutie.He has play preseason and even 1 near full game last year against the dolphins.

He is not going to be a starter for the pats as brady is 29 and in 2 yrs 31 which is not too old for the pats.He will a FA in 08 and some team is going to offer him a chance to start .Also with cpep gone it releases 10% of the cap space for rebuilding.

satz said:
3rd might be a long shot .so maybe a 4th with a conditional 3rd.

The point is not that he is a good backup qb in college.The point is he has been the backup and won the 2nd qb spot with the patriots.He is groomed into the roll by tom brady and doug flutie.He has play preseason and even 1 near full game last year against the dolphins.

He is not going to be a starter for the pats as brady is 29 and in 2 yrs 31 which is not too old for the pats.He will a FA in 08 and some team is going to offer him a chance to start .Also with cpep gone it releases 10% of the cap space for rebuilding.

Well I don't know if you are referring to 10% of next years cap space, because Culpepper will be a dolphin next season.

adamprez2003 said:
they would never do it. He'll be starting for them in two years. That guy is going to be great
How the hell is he going to start in 2 years? Do you know who is the starter of his team? Just a guy named TOM BRADY.

Also, the past 3-4 years we gave up a 2nd for AJ Feeley, a 6th for Cleo Lemon, a 5th for Joey Harrington, and a 2nd for Daunte Culpepper.

Neither have turned out good for us. When will we learn not to pick up other teams garbage? Let's draft our own damn QB.

cassell isn't going to start ever in new england. not as long as tom brady is playing like the best player in the league.

i'd trade a first or two for matt schaub, though.

UF Fin Kat said:
cassell isn't going to start ever in new england. not as long as tom brady is playing like the best player in the league.

i'd trade a first or two for matt schaub, though.

I value your opinion, and if I was GM of some team other than the dolphins I might trade a 2nd for Schaub. But the dolphins have too much invested at QB already to even consider trading such a high pick.

Vertical Limit said:
Also, the past 3-4 years we gave up a 2nd for AJ Feeley, a 6th for Cleo Lemon, a 5th for Joey Harrington, and a 2nd for Daunte Culpepper.

Neither have turned out good for us. When will we learn not to pick up other teams garbage? Let's draft our own damn QB.

You can't base an entire trade on such a small amount of sampling data. If Culpepper would have been viewed as garbage, he would have been let go for a conditional 5/6th just like Harrington was. In fact, I bet the Lions would have even kept Harrington if his contract reflected his production, but as it was he was making far too much to stay on that team.

satz said:
I been thinking about this >how would the dolphins feel if a 3rd rounder was trader for matt casell.We have seen him play some and he looks like a strong future prospect.

But with the saban / bb relationship they would have jumped for a 3rd rounder for him and would have been cheaper as hell then joey and cpep next year[cpep 9 million and joey i do not know]..He is young to boot and comes from a similar system .He is on his rookie contract till 08 and is developing good .

just a question maybe a bad idea but throwing it out their.he did play against your starters last year.

A: why would they trade him to a division rival

B: why would they trade him, what if Brady goes down

NEVER HAPPEN

Back
Top Bottom