3rd for Matt Casell -What do you think dols? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3rd for Matt Casell -What do you think dols?

patriotspride said:
this thread is a waste of bandwidth:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:
It really is.

Matt Cassell is the definition of career back up. For god sakes, he was a back up in USC too. :shakeno:

Vertical Limit said:
It really is.

Matt Cassell is the definition of career back up. For god sakes, he was a back up in USC too. :shakeno:

Typical response. You've clearly never seen the guy play

adamprez2003 said:
I've seen him play. Week 17 against us. That game meant nothing. Both teams playing for nothing.

Vertical Limit said:
I've seen him play. Week 17 against us. That game meant nothing. Both teams playing for nothing.

well if you've seen him play and feel he wont be any good then point out why. His arm strength, his mobility, his game management, his ability to make the out pass, his touch, his size, his speed, his mobility, his arm strength, something that's relevant. Saying something like he's a backup says absolutely nothing. It means nothing. If you have a gripe with his game point out what part of his game you have a gripe with dont just spout routine cliches that are so common on this board

adamprez2003 said:
and you have? :lol: you can't determine anything based on what you've seen so far. and you certainly can't determine that he's better than tom brady, that's just STUPID.

patriotspride said:
i herby nominate this thread as the most stupid in the history of finheaven.com :o

Clearly you haven't been on the main board lately...especially after a loss.

adamprez2003 said:
What's the objection. There's a good chance that Cassell will be on the block in one or two years. There's no way he remains a backup when his contract is up in 2008. I dont think the trade is possible cause its within the division but it shows good awareness on the posters part of what QBs to look for down the road. Do you really feel a 3rd rd for Cassell requires that sort of derisive response. The market now for him would be a 4th. If he continues to impress dont you think that in two years that will drop to a 3rd?

Don't forget,
Belichick traded Bledsoe to the Bills.
If he did trade Cassell within the division(It means he knows cassells limitations).
As far as impressing he hasn't started a regular season game since high school.(pre season doesn't mean much to me).

adamprez2003 said:

The guy hasnt played in a meaningful game since high school has he?

Why anyone would be talking about us trading more picks for QBs right now seems a little odd to me though.

UF Fin Kat said:
and you have? :lol: you can't determine anything based on what you've seen so far. and you certainly can't determine that he's better than tom brady, that's just STUPID.

I have never stated that he IS better. I have stated that I believe he has a chance to BECOME better and in fact I believe he will. I'm willing to make that prediction from what Ive seen of him so far. He still has to continue to improve his game to get there and if he hits a wall in his learning curve that he cant get past then he wont. In two years we will know whether he can continue his progress. But from what Ive seen so far he is calm in the pocket, distributes the ball effectively, can make every throw and has decent mobility and toughness. Physically he's better but what makes Brady great is the calm he has under pressure situations. Until Cassell faces that kind of pressure he's a question mark

HAMMERMILL said:
Don't forget,
Belichick traded Bledsoe to the Bills.
If he did trade Cassell within the division(It means he knows cassells limitations).
As far as impressing he hasn't started a regular season game since high school.(pre season doesn't mean much to me).

Great point about the interdivision trade. You're right if he were willing to trade within the division that should send up a red flag

DonShula84 said:
The guy hasnt played in a meaningful game since high school has he?

Why anyone would be talking about us trading more picks for QBs right now seems a little odd to me though.

Its a hypothetical. I thought it was a good post considering its outside the thousand and one Daunte/ Harrington/ Great/ Sucks threads. I have come to the conclusion that if a player doesnt get covered by ESPN its pointless to discuss him. Any player that isnt top ten at his position automatically sucks. If he's on the bench at any point in his career he's a backup end of discussion.

This isnt directed at you Don Shula. I'm just venting:lol:

And no Cassell hasnt. He may go the way of Brad Johnson or go the way of AJ Feeley. Ive seen two preseason games and the Dolphins game and the guy has impressed the hell out of me alot like Romo this preseason. Is that enough to go on, no but I think BB sticking with only two QBs says alot about the confidence BB has in Cassell

Noodle Arm said:
Clearly you haven't been on the main board lately...especially after a loss.

:lol: :lol: or a win. everytime we win someone posts "do you think we have a shot at the superbowl"

adamprez2003 said:
Its a hypothetical. I thought it was a good post considering its outside the thousand and one Daunte/ Harrington/ Great/ Sucks threads. I have come to the conclusion that if a player doesnt get covered by ESPN its pointless to discuss him. Any player that isnt top ten at his position automatically sucks. If he's on the bench at any point in his career he's a backup end of discussion.

This isnt directed at you Don Shula. I'm just venting:lol:

And no Cassell hasnt. He may go the way of Brad Johnson or go the way of AJ Feeley. Ive seen two preseason games and the Dolphins game and the guy has impressed the hell out of me alot like Romo this preseason. Is that enough to go on, no but I think BB sticking with only two QBs says alot about the confidence BB has in Cassell

Vent away man. :D I havent seen Cassell play so I cant say if he sucks or doesnt. Like you said BB must have confidence in him which has to say at least he has a ton of potential.

Back
Top Bottom