3rd for Matt Casell -What do you think dols? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3rd for Matt Casell -What do you think dols?

In_Flames said:
I'd take Matt Cassel or Matt Schaub...however the compensation for either would of course be debatable...

Schaub looked good when I saw him

satz said:
I been thinking about this >how would the dolphins feel if a 3rd rounder was trader for matt casell.We have seen him play some and he looks like a strong future prospect.

But with the saban / bb relationship they would have jumped for a 3rd rounder for him and would have been cheaper as hell then joey and cpep next year[cpep 9 million and joey i do not know]..He is young to boot and comes from a similar system .He is on his rookie contract till 08 and is developing good .

just a question maybe a bad idea but throwing it out their.he did play against your starters last year.
tom brady is not even thirty years old yet why would matt casell be starting in two years ?:lol: :sidelol:

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Wow, you continue to actually beleive that Tom Brady will be traded. We're talking about a guy who accepted a much more lesser contract with the Patriots than his own value.

Sounds like you are doing a whole lot of wishful thinking. There's no chance in hell, that Belicheck will trade away one of the league's Top Coach/Quarterback duo's in terms of winning percentage and playoff success. Dream on.

Matt Cassell hasn't proved anything, Tom Brady won 3 Super Bowls. COME BACK TO EARTH.

How the hell does a thread on trading matt casell became one on trading brady ....beats me.

satz said:
How the hell does a thread on trading matt casell became one on trading brady ....beats me.

It wasn't you. Someone else suggested Brady would be traded, and Cassell would be retained by Bellichek in two years or however long it is before Cassell's contract is up.

Vertical Limit said:

Wow, you continue to actually beleive that Tom Brady will be traded. We're talking about a guy who accepted a much more lesser contract with the Patriots than his own value.

Sounds like you are doing a whole lot of wishful thinking. There's no chance in hell, that Belicheck will trade away one of the league's Top Coach/Quarterback duo's in terms of winning percentage and playoff success. Dream on.

Matt Cassell hasn't proved anything, Tom Brady won 3 Super Bowls. COME BACK TO EARTH.
What I believe is that unless the Patriots are in a position to win a SuperBowl or make a good run at it in 2009, Brady will either be traded or retire. If you think that someone like Brady is going to continue to take the pounding without having a chance to win some jewelry you're the one who needs to come back to earth. If the Patriots are contending for a SuperBowl, Brady stays and Cassell goes.

satz said:

Because people here havent seen Cassell play other than the Dolphin game and are convinced that Brady will stay with the Patriots until he's 38 or something regardless of whether they are contending or not

Vertical Limit said:

Its all contingent on whether they are in position to win a SuperBowl or not when the contract comes up. If they are he stays, if not he goes. Its not wishful thinking but rather the reality of modern football

adamprez2003 said:
What I believe is that unless the Patriots are in a position to win a SuperBowl or make a good run at it in 2009, Brady will either be traded or retire. If you think that someone like Brady is going to continue to take the pounding without having a chance to win some jewelry you're the one who needs to come back to earth. If the Patriots are contending for a SuperBowl, Brady stays and Cassell goes.
you need to put the crack pipe down :sidelol: :sidelol: brady traded in two years no less .thats hillarious :sidelol:

patriotspride said:
you need to put the crack pipe down :sidelol: :sidelol: brady traded in two years no less .thats hillarious :sidelol:

you need to get rid of the Randall Gay jersey

adamprez2003 said:
Love the responses. How long do you think Brady is gonna keep playing? Are you laughing because you dont think Belichik would look to upgrade the QB position at a cheaper price or is it you think Brady is untouchable because of his three rings or do you think Cassell will never start in the league? You do realize this is looking three years out to the 2009 season?

Those are pretty much the only three options you can have as to your response so Id be interested to hear your most informed response as to why Tom "Hallowed Be Thy Name" Brady cant be replaced by Matt "Running Free" Cassell.
How do you "upgrade" when you already have the best quarterback in the NFL? Brady is the Golden Boy in Patriotland, he is not going anywhere. Brady isn't even 30 years old yet. He still has, potentially, 5-7 more years left. If BB was dumb enough to think of Cassell as an "upgrade" their would be 30 teams lining up to swindle him for Brady.

Do I think Cassell will end up playing? Who knows, it won't be in New England though. We heard for 2 years how great Rohan Davey was while he was the Patriot back up and that went no where.

unifiedtheory said:
How do you "upgrade" when you already have the best quarterback in the NFL? Brady is the Golden Boy in Patriotland, he is not going anywhere. Brady isn't even 30 years old yet. He still has, potentially, 5-7 more years left. If BB was dumb enough to think of Cassell as an "upgrade" their would be 30 teams lining up to swindle him for Brady.

Do I think Cassell will end up playing? Who knows, it won't be in New England though. We heard for 2 years how great Rohan Davey was while he was the Patriot back up and that went no where.

Well Brady is suffering from shoulder problems since last year. Up to the Buffalo game (I didnt see that game) he wasnt throwing the out pattern with any consistency or confidence. Could be he doesnt have confidence in his receivers or it could be that he doesnt have confidence in his arm. I agree that he has 5 to 7 years left unless he pulls a TIKI which I think is possible. If BB were to get rid of Brady it would have to be under the scenario that in 2009 the Patriots were in a rebuilding mode and not contending for a SuperBowl. The rebuilding phase would have to be at least two years in length. "If" that is the situation the Patriots find themselves in in 2009 then I think its likely Brady (32 at that point) goes to a playoff contender to finish up the last threee years of his career and the Patriots bite the bullett, get rid of the golden boy and build for the future. The key factor here is where the Patriots are in 2008 not where Brady and Cassell are

Why would the Patriots ever give the Dolphins a good player through a deal? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom