4 Canes suspended for FSU game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4 Canes suspended for FSU game

You know, the one thing being missed here... Coker having the cojones to actually suspend some players for a BIG game. We all know that Bowden would not have done that. Unless the game was some tiny game. It was a few years ago that he had one of his start LB's play in the UM game and then "serve the suspension" the NEXT game. What a joke.

Anyway, I am really impressed Coker is sticking to his guns. Especially with all the fire he is under and the hot seat he is on...

About the game, None of the players missing are the whole team, so I don't think they will be the difference. IF UM is to win, their Oline needs to play great. IF they do and Wright does not look "wrong" (as quoted above) then UM should win the game.

But that is TWO BIG 'IFs'. Which is why I am really looking forward to watching the game. Besides, I love watching the two teams beat up each other! ;)

Oboy said:
You know, the one thing being missed here... Coker having the cojones to actually suspend some players for a BIG game. We all know that Bowden would not have done that. Unless the game was some tiny game. It was a few years ago that he had one of his start LB's play in the UM game and then "serve the suspension" the NEXT game. What a joke.

Anyway, I am really impressed Coker is sticking to his guns. Especially with all the fire he is under and the hot seat he is on...

About the game, None of the players missing are the whole team, so I don't think they will be the difference. IF UM is to win, their Oline needs to play great. IF they do and Wright does not look "wrong" (as quoted above) then UM should win the game.

But that is TWO BIG 'IFs'. Which is why I am really looking forward to watching the game. Besides, I love watching the two teams beat up each other! ;)

:yes: Good points, I agree.

Oboy said:
You know, the one thing being missed here... Coker having the cojones to actually suspend some players for a BIG game. We all know that Bowden would not have done that...

LMAO, you dont pay much attention to FSU then do you?

We suspended 3 or 4 different players the last 2 games of the season last year. Which were the ACC championship and the Orange Bowl.....almost though

Jaydog57 said:
God I love being the underdog team, especially at home. Winning a game without all your players is even better.:evil:
:yeahthat:

the canes will be ready...tyrone is out, but remember..we have Charlie Jones and hes damn good

im not worried :evil:

Moss' missed assignment

Senior running back Tyrone Moss said his suspension for the Miami Hurricanes' season opener against rival Florida State stems from a missed study hall in January.

Hurricanes head coach Larry Coker said Tuesday that team policy violations were the reason why Moss, senior wide receiver Ryan Moore, junior linebacker James Bryant and junior wide receiver Rashaun Jones were suspended for the Sept. 4 game against the Seminoles.

Moss said complications from his mid-November knee surgery prevented him from attending his study hall in January. Despite his condition, he was informed of his impending suspension just a few weeks ago.

Moss did not elaborate on the situations of the other suspended Hurricanes, but he did say there was no "incident" or "action" involving all four players to warrant punishment.

"Things were bad at that time [last January]," Moss said. "I was concerned with my knee … a blood clot developed after the surgery, so I was dealing with a lot of things back then and just lost my focus. " was even still thinking about declaring for the NFL [draft], but after talking to coach Coker, I rebounded and came back to school and started going to my classes again."

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AtTb4GvMCD2jDDbGNjxjaDIcvrYF?slug=jm-hurricanes080206&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Coker addresses Willie, Ryan and more

Coach Larry Coker addressed several areas of his team today. Here's what he was talking about:

Q: With all the off-season distractions, is that something you're going to talk to your players about -- maybe trying to limit the distractions going into the season?

Coker: Well, we'll definitely do that. But that's not unique. There are always distractions. Lou Holtz had a statement that there are going to be three bad things happen to our football team -- `I don't know what they are, I don't know when it'll happen. There are three bad things that will happen. Now it's how you handle it that makes your success.' We always talk about these things at the start of the year -- don't be a distraction, do the right things at the right time. That'll limit a lot of those things. But there will be some issues that come up. There always are. But we will address them.

Q: Is there an update with Willie Williams in terms of him approaching you about a possible return to Miami?

Coker: No, there really hasn't been an update. I wish there were, to be quite honest. No, there hasn't been an update.

Q: Players have been quoted saying they would rather not have him back even if he wants to return. Do you take that into account when you make a decision?

Coker: That decision doesn't have to be made because it's not out there for me to make right now. I'll take everything into account if a decision needs to be made. It's going to be my decision as head coach. It won't be made by the players.

Q: Has any determination been made yet about if Ryan Moore will sit out Game 1?

Coker: No, there hasn't been. I'll discuss that with Ryan and his family and then we'll make a decision.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AnyHVGGARUn55H6XDcFaJCocvrYF?slug=rivals-42860&prov=rivals&type=lgns

Nappy Roots said:
LMAO, you dont pay much attention to FSU then do you?

We suspended 3 or 4 different players the last 2 games of the season last year. Which were the ACC championship and the Orange Bowl.....almost though
Must not have been starters then. BC He is on record as saying "There are other ways to discipline players". However, those players are almost ALWAYS the starters or real contributors to FSU. So don't give me that. I'll have to go look it up, but it was only a few years ago he did not suspend one of his starting LB's for the UM game, instead playing him and then choosing to suspend him for the next game (which was a game FSU could have played their walk-ons and still won.)

not THAT big of a loss, but still, FSU and Miami always play down to the last second, so any advantage is big for either team, and this is definitely an advantage for FSU, regardless of how talented miami is at RB or WR.

Oboy said:
Must not have been starters then. BC He is on record as saying "There are other ways to discipline players". However, those players are almost ALWAYS the starters or real contributors to FSU. So don't give me that. I'll have to go look it up, but it was only a few years ago he did not suspend one of his starting LB's for the UM game, instead playing him and then choosing to suspend him for the next game (which was a game FSU could have played their walk-ons and still won.)

our starting Gaurd, our starting KR, our starting OLB, and our WR that got playing time at KR/PR/WR. In the last few years we've suspended big time players for bowl games...Chris Rix(sugar bowl), Darnell Dockett(sugar bowl), Snoop Minnis(national championship), Pete Warrick(national championship)....so dont give me that

as an FSU fan im very upset to hear this, we dont need any of your players to sit out, either way were gonna whoop u. im lookin forward to big games from carr, booker and smith

Nappy Roots said:
our starting Gaurd, our starting KR, our starting OLB, and our WR that got playing time at KR/PR/WR. In the last few years we've suspended big time players for bowl games...Chris Rix(sugar bowl), Darnell Dockett(sugar bowl), Snoop Minnis(national championship), Pete Warrick(national championship)....so dont give me that
Obviously you are misguided. Your team had already lost 3 games and thus was not in contention for the National Championship.

The point I was referring to was actually last years UM game...

BOTH LBs had arrests in the offseason! However, silly me they were only "misdemeanors". What a joke.

http://www.fanblogs.com/florida_state/005342.php

Already hobbled by the offseason losses of starters QB Wyatt Sexton (Lyme Disease), CB Antonio Cromartie (ACL), and DL Clifton Dickson (academics), Florida State football coach Bobby Bowden has announced that starting linebackers Ernie Sims and A.J. Nicholson will both be in the lineup for the Sept. 5 season opener against Miami, despite their summer brushes with the law.

Bowden told reporters that he would handle the punishments for the misdemeanor charges internally, likely to be running the stadium steps for hours on end as I predicted.

"There's more ways to discipline than a dadgone suspension," he said. "Y'all have heard of physical pain, haven't you? That's our method. We physically are going to get 'em if they break our rules. Now to say that we don't discipline just because I don't suspend them - just so I can be like everybody else - I'm not interested in being like everybody else."

As an FSU grad, I'm really disappointed with Bowden's decision. Bobby's always been a "in the room" kind of guy, opting to discipline players internally rather than sit them out, but some of these incidents merit a suspension. Nicholson got a DUI in the spring & resisted arrest in the summer.

To tell the fans/media that he's earned two hours on the stair-stepper is a crock. At some point, win at all costs leaves you bankrupt.

Even some people posted at the bottom of this page the same concept.

If the noles already had their three losses we wouldn't even be having this disscusion,ask Adrian Mcpherson about that one. "We stick together as a family" Bobby says. Unless the season is a wash then it's c-ya boys.

So basically my point in the whole matter was that Coker at least has the guts to stick to his discipline even though he is in serious danger of losing his job. I was very impressed with that. I am done arguing about FSU. This was all about how Coker stuck to his guns. Even though it very well could cost them the game.

Edit: sorry to have to post a BLOG, but it was that or another MB... seems most big news websites remove articles that are over a year old. Which this is right over.

Oboy said:
Obviously you are misguided. Your team had already lost 3 games and thus was not in contention for the National Championship.

:hmmm:

the hell you talkin about?

i never said anything about us being in the national championship lat year

read my post again

Oboy said:

Kind of like Antrel Rolle a couple years ago, who was arrested in the offseason, but Coker still chose to play him in the 1st game, huh!!

We've had 2 WR's (Fred Rouse & Kenny O'Neal) kicked off the team this offseason for breaking team rules. Not just suspended, KICKED OFF, so lay off the 'Noles and don't be looking for excuses ahead of time.

NorthFloridaFin said:
Kind of like Antrel Rolle a couple years ago, who was arrested in the offseason, but Coker still chose to play him in the 1st game, huh!!

We've had 2 WR's (Fred Rouse & Kenny O'Neal) kicked off the team this offseason for breaking team rules. Not just suspended, KICKED OFF, so lay off the 'Noles and don't be looking for excuses ahead of time.

agreed and i think we also kicked an o-linemen off the team too. and rouse was supposed to be the next moss...... dumb SOB. if FSU could keep thier players on the field consistently we would be sooo much better but some1 always has to get suspended each year. wutever were gonna woop um either way

Back
Top Bottom