5 FAs Miami should keep | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5 FAs Miami should keep

I have a feeling Needham is not the same player post injury. I'd keep Ahmed for his speed on special teams, Elliot played well enough, and Williams if another team doesn't offer big money. Cracraft at vet minimum? Ehhhh... Probably.

I figured the list would include Wilkins, Hunt, and AVG. While those three will all be much more expensive than every player listed, they all are important starters for the Dolphins and losing them is going to make it difficult to replace because of the lack of cap money to spend in free agency and the limited draft picks they have in this years draft.

Unfortunately they will likely lose at least two of these important players and probably all three of them because of the cap. Since they all were drafted by the Dolphins and been successful players for the Dolphins, these are the type players it would be great to sign but obviously the cap makes signing them nearly impossible.

Elliott is the only one who I think we need to re-sign. He was decent last year and he wont cost much.

I might also re-sign Williams if we can get him at a bargain. If not then we can just draft a Center.

I don't see much of a need for Cracraft, Ahmed and Needham. They can all be replaced and upgraded at a low cost or with draft picks.

Needham if healthy provides some depth and competition for Kohou for the nickel. He needs to be pushed obviously. He’d be cheap.

I’d be okay rolling with Ramsey, Cam, Kohou, Needham, Bonner heading into the draft. But then again I’m probably higher on Cam Smith than most.

I have a feeling Needham is not the same player post injury. I'd keep Ahmed for his speed on special teams, Elliot played well enough, and Williams if another team doesn't offer big money. Cracraft at vet minimum? Ehhhh... Probably.
Needham was not the player people thought he was before the injury.

Even "good" corners get offers/taken in restricted free agency, no one wanted him.

He's too small outside, not agile enough inside.

Without comment
Cracraft
Ahmed
Needham
Elliot
Williams
Elliott is the main one there......Cracraft on a vet minimum ....Williams is gone imo and Ahmed and Needham can go too

Elliot >> the rest

We have 1 Safety on the roster (not counting white chocolate UDFA) and 1 DT on the roster. We can spare a 4th string RB, a 4th string WR, a 3-4th CB, and a Center who is out for the first half of the year and good for 1 bad snap a game.
Whose white chocolate?

Without comment
Cracraft
Ahmed
Needham
Elliot
Williams
Nope, don't Needham.

I would invite them all to come back to camp and earn a job. If they choose Miami, great. Otherwise, keep the doors open for other FA's, rookies, and UFA's.

Would love to have Elliott and Williams back for. Williams is a little tricky because of the injury, but Elliott should be brought back for sure.
Elliott proved to be a smart player / good pickup. W Holland, him and B Jones we have a good group of safeties.

Back
Top Bottom