5 FAs Miami should keep | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5 FAs Miami should keep

I actually want to see what Claypool has to offer with a full offseason with the offense. Would be cheap too, maybe 2-3 mil.

I have a feeling Needham is not the same player post injury. I'd keep Ahmed for his speed on special teams, Elliot played well enough, and Williams if another team doesn't offer big money. Cracraft at vet minimum? Ehhhh... Probably.
I agree about Needham. I would move on. I think we will sign another FA DB and draft a DB and Cam Smith will be in the mix as well.

I ike Jeff Okudah as a Free Agent. He was a top 3 draft pick. I know he hasn't played up to expecattions so far but some players develop later than others and he won't cost much. He has a lot of upside.

Elliott is the only one who I think we need to re-sign. He was decent last year and he wont cost much.

I might also re-sign Williams if we can get him at a bargain. If not then we can just draft a Center.

I don't see much of a need for Cracraft, Ahmed and Needham. They can all be replaced and upgraded at a low cost or with draft picks.
Agreed. Keep Elliot around if he’s not too costly.

I’m down for drafting one of the top two centers if we can and move on from Williams. Injury, snap issues… good player for sure but we can maybe get a good rookie.. Get our own guy in house and start the OL rebuild.

Bottom 3 meh, bring ‘em to camp after the draft if we need bodies I guess. Needham probably the best of the bunch but I wonder about his athleticism now

I've been one of the bigger Ahmed supporters in years past, and thought his ability to answer the bell when called upon in 2020-2022 was underrated. That said at this point there's no reason to keep him, don't want him. Maybe at the very end of the roster, RB 4 or 5...but nah.

It's simple for me, do what you can to keep your better players.

Is there any way at all that we can keep Hunt, Wilkins, AVG and Williams because while expensive, they are our better players.

If it came down to keeping all four of them and doing a bunch of restructures and cutting, and not extending Tua then I would do that.

Needham is so done. He’s getting toasted by RBs in the slot.

Time to hang it up!
Unfortunately, that is probably true. He was always on the low end of athleticism for Corners, but made up for it with assignment soundness and technique.

After the injury, it just too big of a gap.

Unfortunately, that is probably true. He was always on the low end of athleticism for Corners, but made up for it with assignment soundness and technique.

After the injury, it just too big of a gap.

Then to be placed in the slot makes it even more obvious. The Bills RB toasted him on “multiple” routes in the game.

I think what people remember most was he got wide open and dropped the ball.

Then to be placed in the slot makes it even more obvious. The Bills RB toasted him on “multiple” routes in the game.

I think what people remember most was he got wide open and dropped the ball.
Slot was the only place he was ever decent. He was quick in a short area, but he was overmatched in long speed whenever out wide. He was decent at covering TEs when asked.

Kid was a total long shot and has a few good seasons as a high snap count player. I'll never disparage him for the fact that a serious injury likely ended his days as a viable NFL player. I suppose he could hang around as a ST core player. Solid tackler.

Slot was the only place he was ever decent. He was quick in a short area, but he was overmatched in long speed whenever out wide. He was decent at covering TEs when asked.

Kid was a total long shot and has a few good seasons as a high snap count player. I'll never disparage him for the fact that a serious injury likely ended his days as a viable NFL player. I suppose he could hang around as a ST core player. Solid tackler.

We’ll see what the do at the Boundary since X likely is gone and we desperately need an upgrade in the slot. Kahou, whom I was never high on, was a huge liability last season.

The fact that the Bronner kid or Smith didn’t see some time is a travesty to our former DC.

We’ll see what the do at the Boundary since X likely is gone and we desperately need an upgrade in the slot. Kahou, whom I was never high on, was a huge liability last season.

The fact that the Bronner kid or Smith didn’t see some time is a travesty to our former DC.
Smith for sure. TBH, Bonner is fast but he wasn't great @Stanford.

I think Kohou is fine in the slot. I think it took all our guys learn the scheme, and he doesn't belong wide with no help over the top. That was not his fault. That is a coach/game plan issue. He was set up to fail. Not saying he's an All Pro, but you can't fill the roster with top players at all positions.

As far as boundary cover, I expect Smith to get a long look in preseason, and also bring in a tier 2 or 3 vet, maybe on the backside of his career, but still a art amd solid player as insurance.

Back
Top Bottom