7-9 next year and other thoughts... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7-9 next year and other thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumrush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
We are going 7-9 next year, time to face reality. This offseason has been a disaster, starting with trading a 2 round pick for a 3rd string quarterback. The David Boston trade seems like a good one, but our recent history and not so recent history (shula 95) indicates that bringing in "high" (discarded) quality players often backfires on the Phins. On top that we get bluffed in to trading another valuable draft pick simply to move up one measly draft pick.

Our strength of schedule next year is the hardest in the entire NFL. We have consective road game out west at the end of the season. We all remember how the Phins in 2003 fared against teams with winning records.

Our weakest link in the offensive line last year is now our most experienced "veteran: :) Ricky Williams, our All Pro running back, had it real difficult last year. Hopefully our line will block better this year, or Ricky may have to resort to some nice marijuana smoking that will effectively suspend him for the rest of the season.

So lets add it all up. This is a team that has bungled the draft and bungled their picks. They always overpay. Wanny gives away draft picks like the Marlins were giving away tickets when they lost 100 games. We trade 2nd round picks for 3rd string qb's with no proven track record while our archrival, swimming in an endless amount of draft picks trades a 3rd rounder for running back that has the potential to run for over 1500 yards. Heck he did it playing for the worst team in the nfl. WE have handled FA and the draft in a laughable manner.

The Dolphins 2004 edition:
3rd string quaterback with no experience and under a microscope in Miami that has ZERO tolerance for poor qb play. We booed fiedler out of Miami, so this kid better hope he performs at a higher level and winning pct.

Brand new offensive line, dominated by rookies and 2nd year players with little to no experience. Picked up in FA an injured OL and one that ended Kurt Warners career.

We have the most difficult schedule in the NFL. We have a new offense, an offensive co-ordinator that has already quit, David Boston acting like the ***** that he is, and a lame duck coaching staff that feels they are "made" like Mafia hitmen cause they seem untouchable.

In conclusion, I hope the Phins have a great year :) However, after many years of watching football, I am starting to see what a total collaspe is all about. THE FANS OF CHICAGO warned us from the beginning but nobody wanted to believe it. Wanny inherited a great team from JJ, a team stacked with all pro defensive players and the solid foundations of success. This franchise has been in steady decline, and this year, I predict, the **** hits the fan.

how many times have i heard this? :rolleyes:
i just hope your predictions are wrong

Phin19 said:
how many times have i heard this? :rolleyes:
i just hope your predictions are wrong

I hope they are wrong too.. But lets be a little realistic and take off the damn blinders for once. We have collectively been wearing them for a long *** time!!!

Strength of schedule doesn't mean diddily ****. when people saw carolina on their schedule before last year they were happy. I don't see how trading away next years draft picks have any affect on this season. Boston at his worst(last year) still put up 800 yards. This offense is 1 more big threat away from being productive and we got that in Boston. I think we have upgraded our O line. seriously, could it be any worse than last years? nothing could be. At worst we are as good as we were last year as far as the QB position is concerned. I think we've upgraded our secondary w/ poole,howard etc. maybe moore and jenkins will contribute this year. we got ed perry back (hooray) And no cold division games in December. Everything looks better than last year so far, so I don't see any reason for not having a better season.

IF we go 7 - 9 or worse I'll come back here at the end of the season....admit defeat....and never show my face here again.

Bumrush said:
Brand new offensive line, dominated by rookies and 2nd year players with little to no experience. Picked up in FA an injured OL and one that ended Kurt Warners career.
Haha, maybe he will end Brady's playing ability too. Teach the Pats for injuring our QB last year. See how there season ends with their backup.

Whats up with BUM

I cant get over how negative everyone is, what kind of fan are you ? This is SH*t I would hear in the Northeast, if you are so distraught at what is ahead for us find another hobby, We have the potential to have a SB year.

IT's MAY for gods sake, its not December:fire:

Bumrush said:
We are going 7-9 next year, time to face reality. This offseason has been a disaster, starting with trading a 2 round pick for a 3rd string quarterback. The David Boston trade seems like a good one, but our recent history and not so recent history (shula 95) indicates that bringing in "high" (discarded) quality players often backfires on the Phins. On top that we get bluffed in to trading another valuable draft pick simply to move up one measly draft pick. Prove we got bluffed and prove Feeley is a disaster. Give me another instance of high quality players traded to the phins that didn't work out?

Our strength of schedule next year is the hardest in the entire NFL. We have consective road game out west at the end of the season. We all remember how the Phins in 2003 fared against teams with winning records. Strength of schedule is the hardest on the NFL? Based on LAST years' results? That doesn't have anything to do with 2004.

Consecutive west coast road games are NOT at the end of the season unless the season is only 9 or 10 games long....BTW, those road games being on consecutive weeks is a GOOD thing....we can stay out there and not have to fly back and forth across the country on two seperate occasions. That is such a good deal that DW actually requested that they be on consecutive weeks....Oh and our bye week conveniently falls the week before that west coast swing.

Our weakest link in the offensive line last year is now our most experienced "veteran: :) Ricky Williams, our All Pro running back, had it real difficult last year. Hopefully our line will block better this year, or Ricky may have to resort to some nice marijuana smoking that will effectively suspend him for the rest of the season. Assuming that, Ricky even HAS smoked marijuana is open for debate, but carrying it a step further and implying that he did it because of our o-line play is baseless speculation at best, which doesn't even need to be refuted.

So lets add it all up. This is a team that has bungled the draft and bungled their picks. They always overpay. Wanny gives away draft picks like the Marlins were giving away tickets when they lost 100 games. We trade 2nd round picks for 3rd string qb's with no proven track record while our archrival, swimming in an endless amount of draft picks trades a 3rd rounder for running back that has the potential to run for over 1500 yards. Heck he did it playing for the worst team in the nfl. WE have handled FA and the draft in a laughable manner. All this is YOUR opinion and you're welcome to wallow in it but, let's get the facts straight, Corey Dillon has NEVER gone over 1500 yards in his career. You would think someone with such and obvious grasp of football would at least have such a simple fact correct.....and NE gave a second round pick for him, not a third.

The Dolphins 2004 edition:
3rd string quaterback with no experience and under a microscope in Miami that has ZERO tolerance for poor qb play. We booed fiedler out of Miami, so this kid better hope he performs at a higher level and winning pct. You may have 0 tolerance but, you don't speak for everyone and you certainly don't speak for me. I'm realistic enough to expect growing pains rather than instant stardom. I hope he does perform at a higher level but, if he has the same winning percentage as Jay, I won't be disappointed.

Fiedler may have been booed but, not OUT of Miami. Check the roster.

Brand new offensive line, dominated by rookies and 2nd year players with little to no experience. Picked up in FA an injured OL and one that ended Kurt Warners career. By far our biggest question mark coming into the season.I see young strong and hungry where you see young and inexperienced. To each his own.

Last I checked Kurt warner is still playing in the NFL... I think, you have to not be playing anymore before your career is over.

We have the most difficult schedule in the NFL. We have a new offense, an offensive co-ordinator that has already quit, David Boston acting like the ***** that he is, and a lame duck coaching staff that feels they are "made" like Mafia hitmen cause they seem untouchable.

In conclusion, I hope the Phins have a great year :) However, after many years of watching football, I am starting to see what a total collaspe is all about. THE FANS OF CHICAGO warned us from the beginning but nobody wanted to believe it. Wanny inherited a great team from JJ, a team stacked with all pro defensive players and the solid foundations of success. This franchise has been in steady decline, and this year, I predict, the **** hits the fan.Wanny inherited a great team from JJ?? You mean the one that got beat 62-7 in JJ's last game...That team???

This team is better than the one JJ left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom