7-9 next year and other thoughts... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7-9 next year and other thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
clear.gif

Bumrush said:
We are going 7-9 next year, time to face reality.

That's about as far as I got. It's May. Time to face reality. :lol:

Maybe you mentioned all this stuff in your post. But I'll go ahead anyway. Last year's team was "good enough" to get us 10-6 and very close to 12-4/13-3. Now show me one position on the roster where we are worse off than last year. I don't think you can. Now show me which positions we're BETTER at than last year. I can name a few. And there is also the possibility that several more positions (i.e. the OL) that will be much improved.

Combine that with the good schedule we drew and it's reason for optimism. But I just think you're off your rocker if you think 7-9 is in the cards. That would be our worst record since 1988. And it would be only our third losing season in 35 years.

I can't believe you guys call yourselves fans. If you expect to have everything perfect, you are definitely routing for the wrong team. Not one game has been played and some of you are ready to resign yourselves to " The Dolphins suck again this year." Our team is not perfect, but so what. What team is? Here's something to think about. Our team is very young all around. From the FO to the coaching staff to the players. This leads most to think they will "suck", but being young all around is a good thing. Everybody (with the exception of Feeley) has experiece and knows what they are doing. The new coaching changes means new blood and possibly new ideas for our offense, and that is definitely a good thing. This team has made some good and questionable moves this year, but I (and I assume you as well) are still going to watch them because regardless of how they end up, they are my favorite team in the greatest sport there is. That is what being a fan means. Unless your in the business of football, you watch it to be entertained, so stop compaining before the first game is played and give them a chance.

Strength of schedule is meaningless and I wouldn't say we have the hardest schedule in the league. The only reason why our strength of schedule is the hardest in the league is because we have to play New England. New England has a harder schedule than us, we play all of the same teams but they play Indianapolis and Kansas City while we play Tennessee and Denver, both of which had worse records than the teams New England has to play. The only reason why our schedule shows up as harder than theirs is because we play New England, and they play Miami.

I don't think our schedule is that bad this year. We get to play the AFC North, which is the weakest division in the AFC. Tennessee and Denver should be tough games, but the Titans won't be as good as they were last year.

I'm convinced that posts like this are either made by Bill's fans looking to have a good laugh (notice that CW was the first to reply...conincidence?) or Fin fans looking to stir things up. I don't think there is any chance that the poster of the message actually believes what they wrote. You don't completely condemn your favorite team and then "hope" you're wrong.

IMO, this kind of post should be ignored. My guess is that if there were 0 replies in response the posters would go away. Attempting to convince them that they are wrong is pointless.

I would like to see a separate forum for this type of post. They should be moved there and the people who believe the nonsense and Bill's fans can have a party. I will not honor this kind of post with a reply to the concerns listed.

Muck said:
That's about as far as I got. It's May. Time to face reality. :lol:

Maybe you mentioned all this stuff in your post. But I'll go ahead anyway. Last year's team was "good enough" to get us 10-6 and very close to 12-4/13-3. Now show me one position on the roster where we are worse off than last year. I don't think you can. Now show me which positions we're BETTER at than last year. I can name a few. And there is also the possibility that several more positions (i.e. the OL) that will be much improved.

Combine that with the good schedule we drew and it's reason for optimism. But I just think you're off your rocker if you think 7-9 is in the cards. That would be our worst record since 1988. And it would be only our third losing season in 35 years.

Damn right. I'm about to use a word I beat people up when they bring it up. All this team lacked last year was confidence.

If
we had taken care of business against Houston and beat NE at home like we should have, the fins would have had the confidence they lacked and I believe we would be celebrating a SB victory today. The fins were every bit the equal to NE last year and in my opinion on a neutral field, the better team. When Boston stomps a puddle in NE's dbacks asses in NE this year, we'll be back.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I'm convinced that posts like this are either made by Bill's fans looking to have a good laugh (notice that CW was the first to reply...conincidence?) or Fin fans looking to stir things up. I don't think there is any chance that the poster of the message actually believes what they wrote. You don't completely condemn your favorite team and then "hope" you're wrong.

IMO, this kind of post should be ignored. My guess is that if there were 0 replies in response the posters would go away. Attempting to convince them that they are wrong is pointless.

I would like to see a separate forum for this type of post. They should be moved there and the people who believe the nonsense and Bill's fans can have a party. I will not honor this kind of post with a reply to the concerns listed.

LOL, sorry Mr Thought Police but I am a Dolphins fan and have had season tickets for 5 years. Your dumb conspiracy theories are ridiculous. Sorry for being a realist when it comes to Dolphins and having opinions different from every other homer in this forum. I honestly dont care whether you think I "believe" what I wrote. I definantly don't think you believe what YOU wrote, your the one living amongst those evil Bills fans. I guess dissent in these forums isn't worth your time. I have nearly as many posts as you do, you think this is my evil plan to create havok in finheaven posing as a Buffalo fan! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Bumrush said:
We are going 7-9 next year, time to face reality. This offseason has been a disaster, starting with trading a 2 round pick for a 3rd string quarterback. The David Boston trade seems like a good one, but our recent history and not so recent history (shula 95) indicates that bringing in "high" (discarded) quality players often backfires on the Phins. On top that we get bluffed in to trading another valuable draft pick simply to move up one measly draft pick.

Our strength of schedule next year is the hardest in the entire NFL. We have consective road game out west at the end of the season. We all remember how the Phins in 2003 fared against teams with winning records.

Our weakest link in the offensive line last year is now our most experienced "veteran: :) Ricky Williams, our All Pro running back, had it real difficult last year. Hopefully our line will block better this year, or Ricky may have to resort to some nice marijuana smoking that will effectively suspend him for the rest of the season.

So lets add it all up. This is a team that has bungled the draft and bungled their picks. They always overpay. Wanny gives away draft picks like the Marlins were giving away tickets when they lost 100 games. We trade 2nd round picks for 3rd string qb's with no proven track record while our archrival, swimming in an endless amount of draft picks trades a 3rd rounder for running back that has the potential to run for over 1500 yards. Heck he did it playing for the worst team in the nfl. WE have handled FA and the draft in a laughable manner.

The Dolphins 2004 edition:
3rd string quaterback with no experience and under a microscope in Miami that has ZERO tolerance for poor qb play. We booed fiedler out of Miami, so this kid better hope he performs at a higher level and winning pct.

Brand new offensive line, dominated by rookies and 2nd year players with little to no experience. Picked up in FA an injured OL and one that ended Kurt Warners career.

We have the most difficult schedule in the NFL. We have a new offense, an offensive co-ordinator that has already quit, David Boston acting like the ***** that he is, and a lame duck coaching staff that feels they are "made" like Mafia hitmen cause they seem untouchable.

In conclusion, I hope the Phins have a great year :) However, after many years of watching football, I am starting to see what a total collaspe is all about. THE FANS OF CHICAGO warned us from the beginning but nobody wanted to believe it. Wanny inherited a great team from JJ, a team stacked with all pro defensive players and the solid foundations of success. This franchise has been in steady decline, and this year, I predict, the **** hits the fan.

Do you realize this is not reality? This is not being a realist. You are making a prediction by assuming that situations that could be positive or negative will turn out negative. This is called pessimism. How come you never hear someone predict a positive outcome and then say "I'm just being a realist"?

Bumrush said:
LOL, sorry Mr Thought Police but I am a Dolphins fan and have had season tickets for 5 years. Your dumb conspiracy theories are ridiculous. Sorry for being a realist when it comes to Dolphins and having opinions different from every other homer in this forum. I honestly dont care whether you think I "believe" what I wrote. I definantly don't think you believe what YOU wrote, your the one living amongst those evil Bills fans. I guess dissent in these forums isn't worth your time. I have nearly as many posts as you do, you think this is my evil plan to create havok in finheaven posing as a Buffalo fan! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

You cared enough to respond.

The only thing your post count shows is that you are less dedicated to your purposes than CW, Justa, and the other Bills fans.

Bumrush said:
...Sorry for being a realist when it comes to Dolphins...

Since you are staking your claim to realism with your 9 loss prediction, do you mind taking one more gaze into your crystal balls and listing each game that is a guaranteed loss?

Yes, it must be a guaranteed loss for you to stake your claim to realism.

PhinstiGator said:
Since you are staking your claim to realism with your 9 loss prediction, do you mind taking one more gaze into your crystal balls and listing each game that is a guaranteed loss?

Yes, it must be a guaranteed loss for you to stake your claim to realism.

How about the challenge that if the fins win more than 7 games, the starter of the thread goes into self imposed exile for a year?

Ok, so nobody has really looked at any of the points I brought up other than strength of schedule, but my definition of reality and my secret Bills identity has been exposed.. Great...

Bumrush said:
Ok, so nobody has really looked at any of the points I brought up other than strength of schedule, but my definition of reality and my secret Bills identity has been exposed.. Great...

Are you up for the challenge? Should be a slam dunk for someone so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom