8-8 Does Sparano 'deserve' to keep his job????? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8-8 Does Sparano 'deserve' to keep his job?????

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
I expect to beat the Eagles & the Bills, but we finish against the Pats & Jets. I was dead set against Sparano losing his job, but if we win all 4 I may change my mind.

What do you think??

He doesn't deserve **** but he will get another shot even if we go 4-12, I don't like him, he's a terrible coach, but what ever, I also can see the reality here. The reality is Ross is a ******* that should have fired him a long time ago. Now he really has handicapped this franchise and by not firing him, will continue to have years of mediocrity.

Our chance of getting Cowher or Gruden are gone now that Barkley nor Luck is possible without a miracle trade (that would probably involved multiple first round picks and Jake Long).

Sad part is that Ireland and Sparano is terrible enough to think Moore is a franchise QB and try to build around him... so they would pass up the opportunity to trade up for Barkley or pass up RGIII/Tannehill sheesh.. we're ****ed. Moore is a decent back up, he's no franchise QB.

Next year when we go 7-9 wasting another season of Bush's, Marshall's and our defensive talent, I want to see what the excuses will be this time around.

Ultimately, it's not up to any of us really. Ross will ultimately make that choice. Hopefully, he makes the right choice...the one that turns this ship around. Whether it be replacing Sparano, so be it. I just want this team to win again...a real leader that can get that done!

No. 3 of his 4 seasons they have started slow and put themselves in tough positions to overcome. 0-7 this year should not be forgotten because they may finish 8-8. There is still no playoffs.

Tony has done a nice job keeping them from imploding but he needs to be replaced.

Should he keep his job?

Umm....NO, did we beat the Patriots?...The Jets? Could we rise up to beat the Packers, Ravens, Steelers, Saints, etc.... No! There was a time when the Dolphins use to beat the teams they weren't supposed to but those days are long gone and after yet another O-fer- _ (fill in the blank) start you really need to look at the teams we did beat before you consider retaining Sporano as your Head Coach NOT what your record is at the end of the year. Lets not forget that less than 4 weeks ago we held the label of "The worst Team in the NFL" by most media outlets, NFL Fan's and the rest of the teams in the NFL. That just doesn't go away because you beat teams with lesser talent or flailing gametime execution at the end of the season you might be playing a couple of teams with nothing more to gain before their heading into the playoff's so you might beat their second string but we want to use that as a measuring tool for our team being successful also? I'm sure we will but it's all based off of incorrect data and once you enter incorrect data, your results are always going to be inaccurate. So, should Tony retain his job because he beat the teams he was suppose to beat while starting the season 0-7 and not beating the top teams in our division? Why is this even a question? Let me know when were sitting on top of our division and have swept or at least split games with all of the teams in our division and have beat at least 2 of the perennial playoff teams and I'll be able to give you an honest and accurate answer to this question...until then....keep searching for your Coach and QB PLEASE!!!

No, but I would be all but certain that he does.

I expect to beat the Eagles & the Bills, but we finish against the Pats & Jets. I was dead set against Sparano losing his job, but if we win all 4 I may change my mind.

What do you think??

I think you'll change your mind.

If we win out I don't see how you can't keep him. If we win out that would essentially mean they've figured
It out. With the shortened off season losing your starting QB and with the new parts that were added, it took a
While for them to figure it out. I'd draft a QB in the first round and give them one more year with this group of
players, but the leash would be short. If we start slow again next year then I make a coaching change

If we keep blowing teams out, then yes, absolutely. If we go back to scraping by mediocre teams with two point wins, then probably not.

NO HE DOESNT!!!! Why are people so content with mediocrity!!! He needs to go!!

Back
Top Bottom