8-8 Does Sparano 'deserve' to keep his job????? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8-8 Does Sparano 'deserve' to keep his job?????

I dont want a GM/coach that been with a team for 4 years that has yet to figure out they need to get a franchise QB to succeed and isnt willing to do what it takes to make that happen.

I define success as having a team that competes for championships.

NO HE DOESNT!!!! Why are people so content with mediocrity!!! He needs to go!!

It's really weird to see people advocating another year of Moore/Sparano when Matt Moore is the definitive case against Tony Sparano.

We were promised a fair competition and got the usual Tony Sparano meatball maneuver. Play last year's starter until he's dead and then finally when you have no other choice, stick in the guy who played better in the preseason.

Its Wanny all over again. Win just enough not to lose your job.

Ross can keep Tony if he wants....I won't be flying to Miami for any games as long as he's on the sideline fistpumping red zone FGs.

I just wish we didn't blow those 3 damn games against Cleveland, Denver, and the Giants, we would be 7-5 and in real good position for a Wild Card. Its very annoying because the potential that the majority of Dolphins fans saw before the season is shining brightly right now, these guys love playing for Sparano, especially the veterans of the club like Marshall, Dansby, Bell and Starks who are playing terrific football. I think I would be happy to see Sparano back but would understand if he wasn't retained. Whichever way Ross goes would not surprise or upset me.

TheOfficegifstheoffice14948948240196gif-1.jpg

If he finishes 8-8 he would have a winning record as head coach and would be around next year. 33-31

my opinion is .......Parcells had his hands all over this organisation prior to this season. He hired, Ireland, Sparano, Henning and Pasqualoni.

IMO Sparano, in spite of a shortened off-season, realised Henning was not the way forward and hired Daboll. This was obviously going to take time to implement. If we go 8-8 I do not want to rip it all up. I want to give Sparano, Daboll and Nolan another season, to continue what is currently occuring.

Could it be that Sparano has finally hit on success, but it came too late to reach fruition?
[FONT=arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

my opinion is .......Parcells had his hands all over this organisation prior to this season. He hired, Ireland, Sparano, Henning and Pasqualoni.

IMO Sparano, in spite of a shortened off-season, realised Henning was not the way forward and hired Daboll. This was obviously going to take time to implement. If we go 8-8 I do not want to rip it all up. I want to give Sparano, Daboll and Nolan another season, to continue what is currently occuring.

Could it be that Sparano has finally hit on success, but it came too late to reach fruition?

Good one!! You forgot that 90% of Miami was on their trail with pitch forks, tar, & feathers?!?!

no way.. if we win out by completely destroying and dismantling every team we plaY, even by an average score of 45 to 6, he still, in no way whatsoever, deserves to be our head coach next year.

xdd1dt-1.jpg

It's really weird to see people advocating another year of Moore/Sparano when Matt Moore is the definitive case against Tony Sparano.

We were promised a fair competition and got the usual Tony Sparano meatball maneuver. Play last year's starter until he's dead and then finally when you have no other choice, stick in the guy who played better in the preseason.

Amplifying on that, there's another thread nearby that attempts to make the case that it's the QB, not on field or peripheral decisions that determines the HC's success. Well, even if that were the case (which I doubt) why did it take an injury to Henne to discover that Moore was better equipt to run this team and be its leader? Why wasn't there a legitimate preseason competition? Why did it take a humiliating nationally televised game for Tony to fire Pasquoloni? After the first 7-9 defensive meltdown, it seems everyone but Tony knew he was the weak leak. If that game was tighter, you'd have to think he'd still have his job! The same can be said for Bonamego. Was Tony really the last one to understand what a mess our special teams was and then be shamed into canning him?

And then there's the latest national humiliation where supposedly comparable Bill Belicheat had his team hurrying up to the line while our players were panting from exhaustion. Weren't we the ones supposed to have the heat advantage? Shouldn't the team training 1500 miles north be the ones gasping for breathe? And our conditioning coach? Last I heard he's still got his job.

And of course, there's not just the signing of Columbo. With Tony exacting more personnel decision responsibility as a result of the Harbaugh fiasco, don't tell me that move was not on him! Why was he signed aside from being an old Cowboy? Doesn't Tony have any contacts in Dallas who would have told him that guy was toast? After 3 games of Columbo doing his best imitation of a turnstyle with no improvement, why was he still starting? Why IS he still starting?

Between Moore, Pasquolini, Henning, Bonemego, our conditioning how many games has thought cost us in the last 2 years and 12 games? Forget the poor field management moves that rarely change, just from poor personnel decisions.. where would we be if Tony was even a bit more constructively reactive, let alone proactive?

I was just listening to John Harbaugh being interviewed by the 2Mikes. What a difference in the way he expresses himself and his thought processes! This guy's a coach and after seeing how well his bro is doing and viewing the profile of the 2 progenies and their father, it's no wonder that Ozzie Newsome in his infinite wisdom bypassed DC Rex and his inbred family line for a position coach in Harbaugh. Does anyone around here really think Ozzie would have hired Tony for a coordinator slot, let alone HC?

There's no denying Tony does have attributes including earning the support and respect of his team (although after throwing them under the bus last season to defend Henning, I don't know why), as well as being a good guy, but in today's advanced version of the NFL, he's just not smart enough to make the proactive moves.. and often even needs to have his feet held to the fire to compel him to make the most obvious reactive ones. Our offense would never have been opened up if Tony was pleading with zebra that he'll be fired if a call vs Denver wasn't reversed.

Great guy but just not head coach material :idk:

the reason i say yes is because he showed he can change... when things weren't working he switched everything up to spark this run...

if we have a team that can go 8-1, with that only loss being a 1 point last second field goal in Dallas on a short week... blowing out teams vying for the playoffs like Oakland and KC (before Cassell went down, just coming off a win against the Chargers), and if we are beating division foes also fighting for playoffs in Buffalo, Jets and Patriots, thats an amazing accomplishment and shows we can win with this bunch...

but lets see if we can beat the Pats and Jets when it really matters for those teams

Back
Top Bottom