8-8 Does Sparano 'deserve' to keep his job????? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8-8 Does Sparano 'deserve' to keep his job?????

I think this turn around here is solely due to the Bell/Bush clash, and some veterans clued everyone in on the fact they were all actually playing for their own jobs next year and beyond. Be it here, there or no where. Sparano may get lucky because of that.

I think this turn around here is solely due to the Bell/Bush clash, and some veterans clued everyone in on the fact they were all actually playing for their own jobs next year and beyond. Be it here, there or no where. Sparano may get lucky because of that.
I think that's entirely possible, and I've given that some consideration myself, but when you watch the post-game locker room speeches, IMO they have the appearance of the veteran leaders' rallying around Tony Sparano much more than what you've indicated here.

Dansby, Barnett, Bell, Long, and Moore are all front and center and very involved IMO.

I'm sick of everybody saying that he's done such a good job keeping the team together, that the players are playing for him, that he should get all this credit for relaxing the practices and making it more fun. My take on it is that he basically threw his hands up, and pretty much let the team coach itself, and that's when the turnaround happened (coincidentally, also playing against some weak teams).

According to reports and Burnett's quotes, he basically said - Fine, you want to go 0-16 and get rid of me , fine, but I won't be the only one to go(Wah!). Burnett literally said - He gave us the team! It took Brandon Marshall (the locker room cancer everyone was worried about) calling out Vontae, it took Bush saying -We stink, it took the players saying- We hold each other accountable, and it took Henne literally being physically unable to play for the better QB to get in the line-up.

In other words, injury and the players are doing a better job of coaching this team than Sparano did! Imagine how good we could be if we actually had a professional head coach, not one of Parcell's cronies being handed a job.

For me the question comes down to one that is similar to college football and the BSC bowls. What are the Dolphin's signature wins under Sparano? I define a signature win as against a playoff caliber team. Up until now he basically has 8 big wins. In 2008 he had 3 against the Patsies, Chargers and Jests. In 2009 he had 3 against the Patsies and Jests (2). In 2010 he had 2 against the Packers and Jests. This year he has zero.

Now look at how many games he has lost which we could have won with better coaching both in play calling and clock management. In 2008 we only had one winable game slip away and that was against Houston. I would put that stat more on Pennington that Sparano/Henning. In 2009 we lost winnable games against Indy, New Orleans, and games down the stretch to Tenesse, Houston, and Pitt that if won would have got us into the playoffs. In 2010 we got swept by New England, lost winnable mid season games to the Jets and Pitt and collapsed down the stretch losing to Cleveland, Buffalo, and Detroit. This year he has lost winnable games against the Browns, Donkeys, G-men and Cowboys.

Looking at a resume like this which shows only 8 quality wins and 17 losses where we either gave the game away or had a chance to win late and came up short is very damning to Sparano. I think it really shows his capability as a coach to get things accomplished during crunch time late in games is not up to par with the Tomlin, Belicheck, Macarthy, and Harbaugh's of this league and if we want to be Super Bowl contenders he needs to be let go.

So what IF Sparano is the coach of a trade up for Luck. Or draft RG3/Weeden/Tannehill?

Would that change people's opinionsa about him? or woul dhe still be a ******* coach who "doesn't get it"?

I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves thinking about 8-8, but were that to happen - nobody fires a coach who finishes the season winning 7 out of 8.

I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves thinking about 8-8, but were that to happen - nobody fires a coach who finishes the season winning 7 out of 8.

Get ready to redefine the word 'nobody.'

The new definition will be STEVE ROSS.

So what IF Sparano is the coach of a trade up for Luck. Or draft RG3/Weeden/Tannehill?

Would that change people's opinionsa about him? or woul dhe still be a ******* coach who "doesn't get it"?

If he sold the farm for Luck then I would think less of him... Don't get me wrong because I think Luck would be great but there is a lot of talent for QB in this draft and selling the farm would be the wrong move...

I think we should get to 8-8 before we actually have this discussion. The Eagles, Pats, Bills, and Jets...one game at a time. They will all have something to say about going 8-8.

We won 4 games all season long and some of you think it's a lock we win out. Sparano's teams have crumbled late in the season, why would it be any different?

8-8 he should be fired, doesn't matter what road you took to get there, its the final result coming on the heels of 7-9, 7-9, and i don't believe for one second we will get to 8-8 anyway. Lets remember how his team played when they thought his job was on the line the end of last season.

Back
Top Bottom