A Designer's Take on the New Phins Logo | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Designer's Take on the New Phins Logo

Hey Guys, I don't usually like the logo threads bc every year they are fruitless and full of people just wishing they'd change the logo (myself not being one of them, hence the reason these threads annoyed me). But since this year they actually are changing the logo, I figured I'd give it a go since it's what I do for a living. Anyways... I am one for continuity and am not crazy about changing the logo, so I tried to keep it as similar as possible, just cleaned up a bit. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to make the helmet look good on this logo as I am a fan of the helmet on the dolphin and the tradition it represents. Oh well :/ Also... I borrowed someone else's jersey background to see what it might look like, hope whoever it was doesn't mind. So here it is, yet another logo thread, sorry to those who are tired of these.

Combo4-1.jpg

Dude awesome I dig, I dig it! Have you already sent it in yet? Also what are you doing with the right fin? Haha the logo is great don't get me wrong but if I had to be critical I would bring the fin down. Oh and dude could you make one with the sunbursts just to show us how it looks?

Nice Job its pretty good.Theres is 2 effects i would change and they are not very big changes.

First I would change the arch of the Logo more.The Dolphins looks to long for the Helmet.

The last would be the face...Give it a meaner looking face(although Dolphins arent really mean)with the eyes glowing in orange.

Really don't like the head. Looks like an anime character, and anime is horrible.

It is not bad to me. It isn' the answer either. Thank you for the effort. If there is another design coming from the FO, I'd hope that it knocks my socks off. This one does not do that.

Dude awesome I dig, I dig it! Have you already sent it in yet? Also what are you doing with the right fin? Haha the logo is great don't get me wrong but if I had to be critical I would bring the fin down. Oh and dude could you make one with the sunbursts just to show us how it looks?

heh ya, i was tryin to get an angle from underneath him, so it was like you were looking up at the sun, so the right fin got a little funny... idk just another approach to it i guess. I'm probably gonna mess with it and try bringing the fin down though

Give it back the helmet.
Drop the older sun behind it.
Make the dolphin squattier, kind of like the old logo. It looks like a trout.

It isn't bad though. I like the line work on the dolphin.

Great job!

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

True

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Mine too

Very nice. I'm with you on traditional, but open to positive changes as well. I like some of the Nike color schemes, particularly the dark blue helmet, and I'd also like to see a changed version of the striping on the helmet. Maybe do away with the striping or go aqua only as one stripe in a more unique design. Overall, I do like our uniforms and logo.

Nice job. I hate to see people doing logos where they try to make the dolphin something it isn't, mean or angry or fat or with humanoid features. This dolphin design reflects the positive characteristics of the animal itself- purposeful, fast, elusive, intelligent.

id be interested to see it in front of a solid orange sun, rather than the ring we've had all this time.

well done.

Nice job. I like it. A little traditional with some modern flare.

Back
Top Bottom