A fan's amazing theory in defense to Michael Vick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A fan's amazing theory in defense to Michael Vick

What about the people who kill a deer just to put its head on a wall? Dont get me wrong, i think Vick is a loser who should go to jail for what he did, but the original post made some valid points. The electrocution, hanging etc part im not talking about that wrong on so many levels, but the actual fighting itself is at least somewhat comparable to the hunting thing.

I disagree with hunting too. I don't see the thrill. It's legal though, so folks'll continue to do it.

Making comparisons between this and hunting don't really do any justice. One is legal and the other one isn't. It really is that simple.

i am in tears right now that is the most sad, cruel, disgusting, ****ed up **** i have ever seen, more so the second video, that is so unhumane, throwing the cages to the floor breaking legs, crushing skull with shoes, my god i almost got sick, mike vick should be put into jail and never let out, i really wished he lived in texas he would get the death penalty, i truly have a deep deep hatred for mike vick now.

I don't even know why the **** I just watched this video. There are things in this world we won't ever be able to control, this video being one of them.

We won't ever be able to stop the chinese from doing what they do in that video. I don't believe I've ever seen anything so disgusting in my life.

Then they are wrong if that's what they are doing, but that doesn't make what Vick did any more right.

Honestly man, why is this so hard for some people to understand?

Why was it so hard to read the sentence where i called Vick a loser and said he deserved to go to jail....?

Is it really?..... In both, the animals' death is an eventuality. This is where any similarity ends. For the hunter, the entertainment is the hunt and the kill. Normally the kill is going to be done as quickly as possible. With dog fighting, the entertainment is watching two dogs repeatedly inflict pain on each other. Can you really believe the two are comparable?
Think about this.
Just suppose a condemned man is given options concerning his death. His death is a given, however he has a choice. He can choose the swift and relatively merciful death....gunshot to the head, for the sake of this discussion. Or he can choose a slow death where he'll endure pieces of his flesh torn from his body until he dies. What are the chances he would tell the executioner "Well, it doesn't really matter one way or the other, since I'm going to die anyway."?
Now I'm neither advocating nor condemning hunting at this point. But there is a difference.

O no, i agree with that completley which i why i said "somewhat comparable."

Most hunters, and Im sure the percentage is in the high 90's, eat the animal they hunt. I dont think Mr. Vick is eating the electrocuted pit bulls buried in his back yard. To compare hunting and dog fighting is one of the more stupid things that I have read on the boards...

I thought hunting was used to control over population like Deer and Alligators and ****? I could be completely wrong. What Vick did (to me) is personally just as bad as the people in Africa killing Gorillas and **** when there are only like 300 left in the world. I don't care for hunting myself, but it's not comparable to what Vick did.

I see people saying "Bu..but bull riding", **** that ****. I don't think it's much torture to a 1200 pound bull to carry some 150 pound queer cowboy on his back, but that's comparable to slamming dogs into the ground and electrocuting them..:rolleyes:

Does anyone know if Vick is arrested yet?

I thought hunting was used to control over population like Deer and Alligators and ****? I could be completely wrong. What Vick did (to me) is personally just as bad as the people in Africa killing Gorillas and **** when there are only like 300 left in the world. I don't care for hunting myself, but it's not comparable to what Vick did.

I see people saying "Bu..but bull riding", **** that ****. I don't think it's much torture to a 1200 pound bull to carry some 150 pound queer cowboy on his back, but that's comparable to slamming dogs into the ground and electrocuting them..:rolleyes:

Does anyone know if Vick is arrested yet?

lordy...ever met one of those bull riders ? bet you wouldn't say that to them twice... :eek:

Most hunters, and Im sure the percentage is in the high 90's, eat the animal they hunt. I dont think Mr. Vick is eating the electrocuted pit bulls buried in his back yard. To compare hunting and dog fighting is one of the more stupid things that I have read on the boards...

Maybe they should serve him some of that dog during his jail time, if he is found guilty.

Maybe they should serve him some of that dog during his jail time, if he is found guilty.

say what you will, a whole bunch of the world thinks dog on the table is good fare.... my dog is a Shar Pei, I tell him all the time he's real close to being sweet and sour Pup over rice.

Why was it so hard to read the sentence where i called Vick a loser and said he deserved to go to jail....?
Oh, I read it, but I still don't understand why people, time and time again, try to look for any chance to get hunting involved in every discussion it seems of Vick's actions, they are not even closely related and even if they were it doesn't take away what Vick did.

I honestly think when people do this their actual intention is to associate hunting with dog-fighting just because they disdain hunting so much. But they don't realize that it does make them look like they are trying to justify what Vick did, even if throw comments in how they feel he has done wrong.

EDIT: Finally, 1000 posts, wahoo!

say what you will, a whole bunch of the world thinks dog on the table is good fare.... my dog is a Shar Pei, I tell him all the time he's real close to being sweet and sour Pup over rice.

Had this friend that was stationed in the Phillippines. He married while there and lived with her family. He came home one evening and his dog was no longer tied outside. He said he went hungry that night he wasn't about to eat his dog. It is a matter of taste or how you are raised up. Still bet Vick would not care to eat dog.

a guy on SIRIUS NFL RADIO said Vick should be able to serve his jail time only in the offseason.

Say Vick gets 2 years in jail. 24 months.

Play a season, serve 4 months in jail. Be let out to play agian. Then serve 4 months in jail. Be able to do that until his time is served.

THIS WAS AN NFL OPERATED STATION!!!! How stupid some people are!

Back
Top Bottom