A fan's amazing theory in defense to Michael Vick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A fan's amazing theory in defense to Michael Vick

Nappys right, i really dont know where i stand on that though. Who are we to pick which animals have the right to live and which dont?
Dog fighting is so much more than training a animal to fight. It's not like boxing wher win or lose both competitors live after the fight. The losing dog is gruesomly killed if it doesn't die in the ring. They are shot, strangled, etc. Plus many dogs are tortered and killed while training other dogs how to fight. In most cases the owner of the dog being trained goes to the pound to get a dog and then brings it home and tapes its mouth shut while the dog being trained fights the dog until the other dog dies. This is done numerous times until the dog has enough confidence to fight a dog that can defend itself. In order to train one dog as many as four dogs die. That means that to train Vick's 70 dogs approximately 280 dogs died just to train them. All 70 of his dogs were euthanized because they were not fit to be placed in homes. So approximately Vick has played a role in the death's of at least 350 dogs. It is so much more than just one animal. And all for his leisurly pleasure. He should rot in jail.

Dog fighting is so much more than training a animal to fight. It's not like boxing wher win or lose both competitors live after the fight. The losing dog is gruesomly killed if it doesn't die in the ring. They are shot, strangled, etc. Plus many dogs are tortered and killed while training other dogs how to fight. In most cases the owner of the dog being trained goes to the pound to get a dog and then brings it home and tapes its mouth shut while the dog being trained fights the dog until the other dog dies. This is done numerous times until the dog has enough confidence to fight a dog that can defend itself. In order to train one dog as many as four dogs die. That means that to train Vick's 70 dogs approximately 280 dogs died just to train them. All 70 of his dogs were euthanized because they were not fit to be placed in homes. So approximately Vick has played a role in the death's of at least 350 dogs. It is so much more than just one animal. And all for his leisurly pleasure. He should rot in jail.
Those numbers are disturbing, I'm hating Vick more and more each day.

omg this in unbeilevable dogs are pets and way different than deer! comeone this is pethetic! Vick should be thrown into jail, and if not it really proves that pro players are treated better than us in the court of law, which show how screwed up our gov is!

whoa a little quick to convicting the man aren't we? there hasn't even been a trial yet and you're saying throw the man in jail?

I dont condone dog fighting and think its a disgusting act that should have a very hefty penalty associated with it. However one thing people are failing to come to reality with here is that Michael Vick has not been convicted of anything yet.

There are so many people in here already calling for Vick to be killed himself via death penalty, or to spend the rest of his life rotting in a cell, but he has not gone through his due process yet. In this country, you're innocent until proven guilty and he has not been found guilty of anything to this point. Its scary when something that this country has been founded on like due process, the right to a fair trial etc are so easily overlooked due to peoples emotions.

If Vick is found guilty in the court of law through due process, then I hope he gets everything coming to him and then some, but until a jury has found him guilty I will not make any judgment what should or shouldnt happen to Michael Vick. We have a court system, we have lawyers, judges, and juries for a reason, lets use them and then go after Mike Vick if/when he is found guilty.

I dont condone dog fighting and think its a disgusting act that should have a very hefty penalty associated with it. However one thing people are failing to come to reality with here is that Michael Vick has not been convicted of anything yet.

There are so many people in here already calling for Vick to be killed himself via death penalty, or to spend the rest of his life rotting in a cell, but he has not gone through his due process yet. In this country, you're innocent until proven guilty and he has not been found guilty of anything to this point. Its scary when something that this country has been founded on like due process, the right to a fair trial etc are so easily overlooked due to peoples emotions.

If Vick is found guilty in the court of law through due process, then I hope he gets everything coming to him and then some, but until a jury has found him guilty I will not make any judgment what should or shouldnt happen to Michael Vick. We have a court system, we have lawyers, judges, and juries for a reason, lets use them and then go after Mike Vick if/when he is found guilty.

It's not always necessary (nor always appropriate) to rely on our judicial system to determine whether or not someone has done something unacceptable. In fact a person can be guilty of bad behavior that isn't against the law.
We know that Mike Vick is a registered breeder of pit bulls.
We also know that he owns the house that has been used to hold dog fighting.
And we know that his cousin had been living there.
I do not need a court of law to tell me something that common sense has already allowed me to determine. To believe that Vick has absolutely no involvement is like sticking one's head in the sand.
What we don't know is just how involved he is. It may very well be that his involvement in this has been only fringe or it could turn out that he has been the guy running the whole show. This is what his day in court will hopefully reveal.
Myself, I tend to think that it's very reasonable to believe that Vick is heavily involved.

i dont support dog fighting, but how exactly is he wrong? alot of people are against meat eating. people in china eat dog, is that illegal?

people here eat cow, alot of people love cow and raise them...

Do you understand what torture is? Do you believe that inflicting pain on an animal is entertainment? Michael Vick appparently does and he would go through great expense to see it.

I like the way he put it. "I choose to step into the ring, dogs don't have that choice." Nice vid, thatnks.

Not only that, but they are kept in cages when they are not fighting. They have miserable lives. What is also overlooked by the simple minded apologists is the number of puppies that are killed in the process of weeding out the "less aggressive" ones in favor of the better fighters.
The dogs that lose are not only killed, but they are tortured in the process. There is no legitimate reason for it except that these vile degenerates are entertained by it.
The people that engage in this past time have no soul and no conscience.

i dont support dog fighting, but how exactly is he wrong? alot of people are against meat eating. people in china eat dog, is that illegal?

people here eat cow, alot of people love cow and raise them...

:lol:

The difference bro is that we don't force cows to beat the crap out of each other then eat the loser but if we did...

[youtube]cSRzBZ_Rz5M[/youtube]

omg this in unbeilevable dogs are pets and way different than deer! comeone this is pethetic! Vick should be thrown into jail, and if not it really proves that pro players are treated better than us in the court of law, which show how screwed up our gov is!

I don't support indiscriminate killing of dogs, but your viewpoint is very ethnocentric.

Cows are sacred in India, and in many asian countries they eat dog and cat meat.

It's all relative.

I can't believe some people would choose to defend him after all this.

Back
Top Bottom