A list of the current starting NFL QBs that Ryan Tannehill is ALREADY better than. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A list of the current starting NFL QBs that Ryan Tannehill is ALREADY better than.

I think outside of less than 5 minutes of play over the course of 5 weeks he's looked top 15.

Those 60 minutes against the Jets was not exactly top 15 either. Look I have talked about how good a prospect Tannehill was . Was one of his biggest supporters and have been pleasantly suprised but I feel if he played for the Jets and was having the same type of games nobody on this board would be admitting he was anything decent.

Those 60 minutes against the Jets was not exactly top 15 either. Look I have talked about how good a prospect Tannehill was . Was one of his biggest supporters and have been pleasantly suprised but I feel if he played for the Jets and was having the same type of games nobody on this board would be admitting he was anything decent.

I feel like if he didnt play for the dolphins, you would think much more highly of him.

Stripping out that first game, here's Tannehill's stats. Considering at the time he faced the NYJ, AZ and Cinci, they were all winning teams, he's not done too shabbily at all. Top 12 or so I dunno, but top 16-18 based on his play so far: well within the realm of possibility.
Over the last 4 games, RT17 is 2-2 and averaging:

80.0 QB Rating, 57.8% completions, 262 yards per game 2TDs, 3ints. (that ratio needs to become positive!)

1zr0506-1.jpg

I feel like if he didnt play for the dolphins, you would think much more highly of him.

You should know better than that by now. I cant think of a bigger Matt Ryan supporter than me before the 2008 draft, I know you have kept the effort going but at best we were on even keel. I was also a big supporter of drafting Tannehill this time prior to us drafting him. Can you remember one time when I said how good a prospect was and then changed my mind because we drafted him. Im pretty damn sure you cant.If tannehill didnt play for the fins most of the people here would be talking about how he didnt deserve to be the 8th pick in the draft much like Matt Ryan somehow gets blasted even though he has proven to be a top 10 qb. Im not going around crowing how great Brandon Weeden is , who has played better since week 1 also. How much time do I spend saying how great Russel Wilson is although he has also played well overall for a rookie. Your arguement is pretty flawed unless you can show some examples of players I all of a sudden championed because they were on other teams. I do make an honest opinion of a player unlike yourself and your irrational Robert Griffin hate, he has played well friggin admit it.

At this point, if I could have my choice of any current NFL quarterback I would have Tannehill in my top 5. The following are the QBs I would take in front of him, in order. If you look at the guys that are consistently winning, they are the cerebral quarterbacks...QBs that can control the game from the line of scrimmage. It's one of the few positions that one's cerebral talents can override raw athleticism.
1. Rodgers
2. Luck
3. Brady-as much as I hate to say it, i think he has another 5 MVP-type seasons, which gives you a shot at the Super Bowl for every one of those years.
4. Eli Manning
5. Tannehill

IMO, with a versatile TE, Deep threat WR, and some depth on the O-line, we are set on offense. The O-line needs to be elite...with so many dominants DE's out there that can single handed steal games, you cant afford to throw away games because of bad O-line performances. Bottom line, it doesnt matter how much skill you have, if you cant protect the QB or open up running lanes you wont have success. Ideally, we should re-sign Long. If that does not happen, finding a quality LT needs to be the #1 priority this off-season.

Questions: If we do not sign Long, what options in FA will we have? Where in the draft would we have to select a starting, future pro-bowl LT?

Regarding the WR...where in the draft should we use a pick to grab a quality WR? First round?

oh good god please make it stop.

Top 5?

so... when a QB has awesome stats its all the QB... but when he loses 3 playoff games in a row... it's a team effort that sunk the awesome qb? lol.

so you can bash Ryan for getting to and losing in the playoffs(he womn't be great until he steps up in postseason) but you can praise tannehill for being 2-3? how does this work exactly?

He is second best in the division. When Brady retires he will be first in division and top 10 NFL.

does he move ahead of Chad henne for 2nd best in the division? I remember hearing that exact same thing back in 2009.

Rookie Tannehill is already better than over 50% of NFL starting QBs. That something to be proud of.

Imagine if he had a winning record? then he's be top 5.

I think outside of Week 1, he has looked like a TOP 15 QB at least.

he didn't look like one against us, he was the 2nd best QB on the field that day. At Ari he had nice yardage #s(thanks to hartline) but didn't execute w/ the game on the line and last week had numerous chances to put the game away and never could. Your D won the game last week.

I am NOT bashing the man, just not going overboard b/c he has had a decent game or 2. He has a long way to go, he looks like a very good prospect but give him time to prove something.

Stripping out that first game, here's Tannehill's stats. Considering at the time he faced the NYJ, AZ and Cinci, they were all winning teams, he's not done too shabbily at all. Top 12 or so I dunno, but top 16-18 based on his play so far: well within the realm of possibility.
Over the last 4 games, RT17 is 2-2 and averaging:

80.0 QB Rating, 57.8% completions, 262 yards per game 2TDs, 3ints. (that ratio needs to become positive!)

1zr0506-1.jpg

This is why you don't just use stats. You ran wild vs. Oakland, he ste up a near 50 yd FG against us and couldn't pull out a winnable game at home, he threw the game losing INT at Ari, he failed numerous times to put Cincy away.

It's not just about individual stats.

Top 5?

so you can bash Ryan for getting to and losing in the playoffs(he womn't be great until he steps up in postseason) but you can praise tannehill for being 2-3? how does this work exactly?

does he move ahead of Chad henne for 2nd best in the division? I remember hearing that exact same thing back in 2009.

he didn't look like one against us, he was the 2nd best QB on the field that day. At Ari he had nice yardage #s(thanks to hartline) but didn't execute w/ the game on the line and last week had numerous chances to put the game away and never could. Your D won the game last week.

I am NOT bashing the man, just not going overboard b/c he has had a decent game or 2. He has a long way to go, he looks like a very good prospect but give him time to prove something.

This is why you don't just use stats. You ran wild vs. Oakland, he ste up a near 50 yd FG against us and couldn't pull out a winnable game at home, he threw the game losing INT at Ari, he failed numerous times to put Cincy away.

Sorry iwas going to reply in a serious manner then I saw it was you and decided to bash my own head into a wall after paying a hooker 50 bucks to kick me in the nuts with spiked heels right after I just had them waxed

Sorry iwas going to reply in a serious manner then I saw it was you and decided to bash my own head into a wall after paying a hooker 50 bucks to kick me in the nuts with spiked heels right after I just had them waxed

wow that was funny.:juggle:

Top 5?

I can honestly say I'd take Henne over Fitzpatrick and Sanchez.

Oh christ. This thread is officially hijacked and trolled out now. We had a good thing going..........sigh.

Top 5?

Who looks better to you? Sanchez or Tannehill? Honest opinion.

I will just say this before the spin meister troll gets on his roll.................

Let me tell you this NYJunc.....

1) You never heard that **** from me about Henne, so dont bring that weak **** in here.
2) I admitted after both games 1 and 3 that Tannehill played like **** in those games and was one of the main reasons we lost.
3) And this is the most important so pay attention. In fact, all these doubters and people afraid to come out on the ice Im standing on right now in saying that Tannehill is all the way legit.............. Stop and realize who youre ****ing talking to here. You better go ask somebody if you dont know. WVDolphan is the AUTHORITY on QB play. Not just on FH, but you could put my record up against anyone out there in the media or the interwebz....... Im always DEAD ON. Always. And I call it way earlier than anyone else.

Im telling you right now that Tannehill is legit. He is going to be one of the elite QBs in this league and you can bank on it that he is better than all those guys I listed right now. So get out here on the ice Im standing on folks. It isnt thin. Its ROCK SOLID. It will hold each and every one of you. Get on the bandwagon now while you can. You should already know by now that when I call it on a QB, you can bank on it. And if you dont know, you should act like you know.

Im not basing this **** on stats. And I realize he played like **** in 2 of the 5 games so far. Im basing this on the fact that Ive watched the kid play 5 full games and I have seen everything I need to see to proclaim that this kid is legit and has every tool an elite QB needs. I have no doubts he will put it all together. Dosent mean he wont ever have bad games again.... all QBs have bad games on occasion. There will be a lot less of those however and a lot more great ones.

And yea, he is already better than clowns like Romo and Cutler. Hell, Cutler has a **** game every other week still. So does Romo. So dont give me the stats. Ive seen these guys play. If I have a game to play on Sunday, Im taking Tannehill as my QB over every single one of those QBs I listed. He gives me a better chance to win than any of those 16.

So you can run and tell THAT! Homeboy.

Who looks better to you? Sanchez or Tannehill? Honest opinion.

Tannehill is playing better but remember Sanchez was offensive rookie of the month his first month starting. Teams will make adjustments as the season progresses and the Jets and phins have the same recod right now. It's still to early to evaluate, I agree Ryan has looked better but it's early.

Oh christ. This thread is officially hijacked and trolled out now. We had a good thing going..........sigh.

says the guy who thinks Tannehill is a top QB already and the best of the rookies in the last 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom