A list of the current starting NFL QBs that Ryan Tannehill is ALREADY better than. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A list of the current starting NFL QBs that Ryan Tannehill is ALREADY better than.

No you cant not really. Ponder has played better than him, now you have to remember Ponder is in his second year, this list is pure BS . Damn we all like Tannehill but to say he is playing so much better than all these qb's is a major falsehood

Haterade-1.jpg

In dlockz' post he states 'Damn we all like Tannehill but to say he is playing so much better than all these qb's is a major falsehood.' IMO, he is playing aswell, if not better than the majority of QB's on that list right now.

This I agree with, I was referring to the thread as a whole while you were responding to his post! I do think he is playing better than most if not all QBs on that list, especially considering his expectations coming in.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Maybe for you it is. As for me, maybe you need to go and axe somebody. Cause, I can make these calls bro. Clean your loupe. Im telling you right now that Tannehill is a ****ing beast. You would be wise to just go with it.

Haha I hear ya WV, I'm just tempering my expectations because my heart can take no more disappointment. He does look like a fracking beast and I am probably gonna wait until about bye week, and 2 more wins before I chug the rest of my Tannehill Cool-aid.

im as high on him as anyone, but the kid is carrying a line of 2td's and 6 picks, lets turn that around a little bit before we crown him mvp

im as high on him as anyone, but the kid is carrying a line of 2td's and 6 picks, lets turn that around a little bit before we crown him mvp

Have you stat guys watched this kid play? Specifically have you watched him play the last 2 weeks? What is it you need to see before you can tell he is the goods? Stats? Sure, tell the coaches to purposely try and have him throw more TD passes instead of running it in from short yardage and take the 6 points. GET REAL.

Go look at Bob Griffin's stats and fall in love. Nevermind the fumbles that dont make their way into basic stats or QB rating. Nevermind that Bob Griffin has nothing to compete with Tannebeast in pocket awareness, movement within the pocket, the ability to make throws to every route, etc etc.... just oogle over those inflated stats. Do however make sure you pay attention as Bob Griffin's stats get worse and worse each week.

Have you stat guys watched this kid play? Specifically have you watched him play the last 2 weeks? What is it you need to see before you can tell he is the goods? Stats? Sure, tell the coaches to purposely try and have him throw more TD passes instead of running it in from short yardage and take the 6 points. GET REAL.

Go look at Bob Griffin's stats and fall in love. Nevermind the fumbles that dont make their way into basic stats or QB rating. Nevermind that Bob Griffin has nothing to compete with Tannebeast in pocket awareness, movement within the pocket, the ability to make throws to every route, etc etc.... just oogle over those inflated stats. Do however make sure you pay attention as Bob Griffin's stats get worse and worse each week.

Real talk

only highlights haven't seen a single game yet this year

I disagree, in the first five games this season, which of those QB's apart from Ponder, Bradford, RGIII and Cutler have played BETTER than RT?

Well you kind of made my point right there lol they were all on the list lol

At this point, if I could have my choice of any current NFL quarterback I would have Tannehill in my top 5. The following are the QBs I would take in front of him, in order. If you look at the guys that are consistently winning, they are the cerebral quarterbacks...QBs that can control the game from the line of scrimmage. It's one of the few positions that one's cerebral talents can override raw athleticism.
1. Rodgers
2. Luck
3. Brady-as much as I hate to say it, i think he has another 5 MVP-type seasons, which gives you a shot at the Super Bowl for every one of those years.
4. Eli Manning
5. Tannehill

IMO, with a versatile TE, Deep threat WR, and some depth on the O-line, we are set on offense. The O-line needs to be elite...with so many dominants DE's out there that can single handed steal games, you cant afford to throw away games because of bad O-line performances. Bottom line, it doesnt matter how much skill you have, if you cant protect the QB or open up running lanes you wont have success. Ideally, we should re-sign Long. If that does not happen, finding a quality LT needs to be the #1 priority this off-season.

Questions: If we do not sign Long, what options in FA will we have? Where in the draft would we have to select a starting, future pro-bowl LT?

Regarding the WR...where in the draft should we use a pick to grab a quality WR? First round?

In dlockz' post he states 'Damn we all like Tannehill but to say he is playing so much better than all these qb's is a major falsehood.' IMO, he is playing aswell, if not better than the majority of QB's on that list right now.

He is not playing better than RG3, Christian Ponder hell I dont even wanna go over the list . Homerism is still going strong but lets actually judge our players. Tannehill is looking good but lets not over do what he has done. And the point of this thread is QB's that Tannehill is already better than not as good. Hard to take anyone's opinion seriously when they say Robert Griffin sucks but the games dont bear that out.

Use your EYES!

Stats are highly misleading at times.

This dude is already 10x better than week 1 and 25x better than week 1 of preseason. Thats what you want to see, progression. And my is he progressing at a high level.

At this point, if I could have my choice of any current NFL quarterback I would have Tannehill in my top 5. The following are the QBs I would take in front of him, in order. If you look at the guys that are consistently winning, they are the cerebral quarterbacks...QBs that can control the game from the line of scrimmage. It's one of the few positions that one's cerebral talents can override raw athleticism.
1. Rodgers
2. Luck
3. Brady-as much as I hate to say it, i think he has another 5 MVP-type seasons, which gives you a shot at the Super Bowl for every one of those years.
4. Eli Manning
5. Tannehill

IMO, with a versatile TE, Deep threat WR, and some depth on the O-line, we are set on offense. The O-line needs to be elite...with so many dominants DE's out there that can single handed steal games, you cant afford to throw away games because of bad O-line performances. Bottom line, it doesnt matter how much skill you have, if you cant protect the QB or open up running lanes you wont have success. Ideally, we should re-sign Long. If that does not happen, finding a quality LT needs to be the #1 priority this off-season.

Questions: If we do not sign Long, what options in FA will we have? Where in the draft would we have to select a starting, future pro-bowl LT?

Regarding the WR...where in the draft should we use a pick to grab a quality WR? First round?

Yea Tannehill is so much better than Matt Ryan already lol and Andrew Luck couldnt carry his jock I guess.

Yea Tannehill is so much better than Matt Ryan already lol and Andrew Luck couldnt carry his jock I guess.

For what its worth, Matt Ryan has better players at all skill positions on offense.

White > Bess
Jones > Hartline
Gonzalez >>> Fasano

Give those to Tannehill and who knows what damage he could do.

For what its worth, Matt Ryan has better players at all skill positions on offense.

White > Bess
Jones > Hartline
Gonzalez >>> Fasano

Give those to Tannehill and who knows what damage he could do.

So Ryan gets no credit for the play. I mean 108 tds 49 int. 13 tds and 3 int this year. There are qb;s with plenty of talent that dont have this kind of td to int percentage.
People act like Aaron rodgers has success with a bunch of scrubs.

So Ryan gets no credit for the play. I mean 108 tds 49 int. 13 tds and 3 int this year. There are qb;s with plenty of talent that dont have this kind of td to int percentage.
People act like Aaron rodgers has success with a bunch of scrubs.

Never said he wasn't good but he has WAY more to work with than Tannehill could dream of.

And he is 0 for 3 in playoff appearances with 3 TDs and 4 INTs. Not very impressive.

Never said he wasn't good but he has WAY more to work with than Tannehill could dream of.

And he is 0 for 3 in playoff appearances with 3 TDs and 4 INTs. Not very impressive.

Oh so when they play well its the team but when they dont its all his fault. I mean seriously have u watched Matt Ryan play over his whole career and said to yourself , yea is is so average. I mean have you watched this season and said oh yea so many qb's so much better than him. The guy got drafted by a 4-12 team that had not had a winning season in 3 years and he was a huge part of them becoming a perennial playoff team and currently 5-0.

Back
Top Bottom