A serious question. Would you swap? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A serious question. Would you swap?

Would you trade records with the Cleveland Browns this season in exchange for their 1st round picks?

• Total voters
This is the type of draft that could really reset a roster. Once they find a QB they should finally start trending in the right direction. They have an actual GM now so who knows?

Round 1

#1 - Own Pick
#4 - Texans Pick
Round 2
#33 - Own Pick
#35 - Texans Pic
Round 3
#65 - Own Pick
#108 - *Own Pick
#137 - *Panthers Pick
Round 5
#145 - *Own Pick
#175 - *Chiefs Pick
Round 6
#185 - *Own Pick
Round 7

The Colts picked Steve Emtman and Quentin Coryatt top 5 many years back

I am never willing to lose on purpose, even towards the end of the year when draft slotting becomes critical.

That said, I am always in favor playing younger players and giving them a chance at the end of a season you know won't culminate in a playoff berth. If i am 2-11, I'd prefer to finish 2-14 than 5-11.

If I am 0-11, I want to avoid 0-16 at all costs.

I would never want to go winless in a season. That is a stain on the franchise that can never be washed away. Coupled with the fact we have the only perfect season it would always be brought up together. 1-15 is fine if there was a generational talent that we could lock up with the pick.

Miami fans can hardly sit through a 6-10 season, and you want to torture them with 1-32 for a couple seasons? For a couple draft positions?

I would never want to go winless in a season. That is a stain on the franchise that can never be washed away. Coupled with the fact we have the only perfect season it would always be brought up together. 1-15 is fine if there was a generational talent that we could lock up with the pick.

Remember "suck for Luck"? how's that working out for 'em? You just gotta send your positive vibes in to the universe that the team hits the lottery on some QB somewhere. Doesn't have to be a top 3 pick either, could be anywhere. Just hit it.

The goal is not just acquiring high Draft picks. Some people on here salivate like Pavlovian dogs (with permanent boners) about acquiring Draft picks. Cleveland have all of these high Draft picks and seem to waste them year after year.

I'd love to have their top 3 draft picks from last year on the Dolphins
Myles Garrett
Jabrill Peppers
David Njoku

Miami fans can hardly sit through a 6-10 season, and you want to torture them with 1-32 for a couple seasons? For a couple draft positions?

More than a couple of draft positions
5 first round draft picks
4 second round draft picks
2 third round picks
3 fourth round picks
2 fifth round picks
2 sixth round picks
3 seventh round picks

Can you imagine what a GOOD GM
COULD DO WITH THOSE(21) DRAFT PICKS

Maybe for all the Brownies picks this year, but not just 1st rounders. At 6-10 what is the difference? Were still a laughing stock.

I didn't vote, but what makes you think we will draft better than we have even with the #1 pick? We can't seem to draft squat the last few decades. The only person that stands out is Landry, maybe Tannehill. The rest are average to below average.

Reshad Jones
Tunsil
Miller
Ajayi
Drake
Vernon

Were all very good draft picks in my opinion. And there are quite a few more that were middling starters in middle rounds. To say Landry and Tannehill have been out only good picks is harsh. Well... Jones alone makes you wrong.

Sure there is a long list of questionable picks. We haven’t been GOOD drafters. At all. More middle of the road. Which is why we’ve been stuck with 7-9 wins (ish) for what feels like an eternity.

At least Tannenbaum swings for the fences. He’s been below average so far on his acquisitions but at least we’re getting less Philip Merling / Mike Pouncey / Jared Odrick / Kia Misi BS now.

2 third round picks
3 fourth round picks
2 fifth round picks
2 sixth round picks
3 seventh round picks

I imagine guys who sit on their couch on Sundays will think they would do better.

2 third round picks
3 fourth round picks
2 fifth round picks
2 sixth round picks
3 seventh round picks

Tannenbaum would trade half those picks away for veterans on bloated contracts.

I think Cleveland is in a much better position with recent hirings than most want to recognize. I think they are poised to start taking strides forward.

Tannenbaum would trade half those picks away for veterans on bloated contracts.
Pd_Cjk_Me.gif

2 third round picks
3 fourth round picks
2 fifth round picks
2 sixth round picks
3 seventh round picks

I'd swap spit with Rosie O'Donnell if we could have those picks.

Back
Top Bottom