A serious question. Would you swap? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A serious question. Would you swap?

Would you trade records with the Cleveland Browns this season in exchange for their 1st round picks?

• Total voters
I lived through a nearly winless season once already... and for that, we were rewarded with a decent OL whose body fell apart within 4 years...

I'll pass on a winless season just for some high picks, thanks.

Reshad Jones
Tunsil
Miller
Ajayi
Drake
Vernon

Jones....ok up until last year. Seems to either A) sitting on his laurels or B) lost a step or two. But I'll give ya him.
Tunsil.....looked good on draft day...since then not exactly burning down the house.
Miller......sorry, drawing a blank on who he is and don't even see him on our roster.
Ajayi......not even on the team anymore.
Drake....looked good last year, hopefully will get better.
Vernon......see Ajayi.

The point being we can't seem to draft good to great players (more than one). So I keep wondering why people want us to have more and more picks.....so we can have more and more average to below average talent? I really would like to be wrong on this. I've been a fan since '72 and to be honest I don't know if there is an end in sight. I really hope Gase knows what he's doing.

A couple valid points brought up --

Yes the 4th pick is from the Texans...but this is just a total hypothetical question. I was just saying that I envy their situation having 2 of the top 4 picks. (they basically have total freedom to select the best players in the draft and total leverage to get a trade down.) ...so I was just thinking "What if we could have that situation? If it meant going winless this past season?" I thought some of you here would love that proposition because you hate Gase and would consider him gone after going 0-16 and see this as the big opportunity to build the team you envision.

Yes...perhaps our FO is kinda bad at the draft...but really it just comes down to what do YOU value? 6 wins and some respectability or 2 of the top picks for going winless? That is my real point here...the other stuff is kind of besides the point. I'm really trying to guage our fanbase and how they value the draft/future building .vs. winning on Sundays and a sense of respect.

The guy who brought up us going undefeated and how 0-16 would forever ruin our bragging rights made a very legitimate point. I agree with you.

For the record...I wouldn't take the picks.

Just curious who here would get off on the idea of the options with #1 and #4 this year. I thought we might get some debate going about what we would do in that situation. So....what would you do if you were GM and the Dolphins have these picks? Would you dump Tannehill for a QB at #1 and pick an elite player to go with him? Would you go both defense picks? Would you grab the best OL? Would you try to trade one of them?

Very close, Arrington and Brown were teammates at Penn State and went No.1 (Cleveland) and No.2 (Washington). The Redskins had the 2nd and 3rd picks and took Arrington and Chris Samuels.

You beat me to it. The only time I remember a team having the first two picks was the Colts in 1992 -- Steve Emtman and Quentin Coryatt.

It was a notoriously poor draft class overall.

I wouldn't mind being the Browns. It takes two to be embarrassed. I admire the Browns fans who have laughed it off via the parade, etc. And actually there seems to be more stigma toward the teams that are 3-13 type awful. With the Browns recently everybody sort of accepts they won't win. I don't detect anything similar to the stain attached to the Lions in 2008, or the nationwide mockery of Tampa Bay in 1976 and until they beat the Saints for the first win in franchise history in late 1977. I'm not sure younger fans realize Tampa Bay followed 0-14 with an 0-12 start in 1977. There was already a Johnny Carson/Ed McMahon reference here today. Those guys used the Buccaneers as frequent fodder.

The Browns upside certainly is there if they click on a pick or two. Last year was an excellent foundation in that first round.

If I were sure one of these guys as an elite franchise quarterback I wouldn't hesitate to do it. That's not the case. But since I'm a gambler anyway, and bored beyond description at 6-10 to 10-6 irrelevance, heck yes sign me up.

If I was Cleveland I’d take josh rosen ,B Chubb come back up and get Sony Michel.

The problem with many of these teams (like Cleveland) is that despite sucking so bad and getting all these great picks in the following drafts, they mess it up because they seem to be right back at the top of the draft board the next year and next. We haven't exactly been hitting on all cylinders ourselves the last 10 years, so no thanks to that idea, as I don't trust they'd do it the right way.

Back
Top Bottom