A-Train for O-Gun??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A-Train for O-Gun???

Don't get me wrong, I like Minor, but do think it'd be more risk than the Fins should take on by assuming that he, Morris and L. Henry would be capable of carrying the load. Especially for a team that wants to run with overall frequency and at the end of games to close them out.

I'd prefer that they go ahead and resign Chambers/Ogunleye to longterm deals with the extra cap money from Rick and go after someone like Lamar Gordon or Onterrio Smith for a reasonable price.

If we don't make any additions, and the guys currently in the stable turn out not to be enough, the Fins would be more or less screwed.

For those of you who want to stand pat and go with Minor....you're nuts! This kid is a 3rd down back. Right now the Miami Dolphins do not have an every down back, plain and simple. In the offense they run, they need a big, powerful back who can run in between the tackles. A-Train has been written off in Chicago and O-Gun, while having a big year last year, is NOT one of the best in the league(let's see him put numbers up like that a few years in a row before we name him the next Reggie White).

Bottom line is this team has NO shot unless they upgrade at RB.

i would like to see us go after Willis Macgahee

Dredd1050 said:
I heard this was a definite option for Rick and Co. Anyone heard any more rumblings about this? I wouldn't mind it. This is just what Thomas may need to revitilize his career.
One word.............NO, unless of course they also give up a first rounder.

For those of you who want to stand pat and go with Minor....you're nuts! This kid is a 3rd down back. Right now the Miami Dolphins do not have an every down back, plain and simple. In the offense they run, they need a big, powerful back who can run in between the tackles. A-Train has been written off in Chicago and O-Gun, while having a big year last year, is NOT one of the best in the league(let's see him put numbers up like that a few years in a row before we name him the next Reggie White).

That's what I said in another thread but nobody believes me.Plus,he wants more than J-Tay and this boy is loco for thinkin' he's worth that much!

Agreed finregime. Let's see him this year now that O-Coordinators will gameplan against him. I see a big year for the REAL star DE on this team. Taylor is gonna go nuts!

Bottomline is that we definately need to bring in someone else that fits more into an every down back role. The entire offensive scheme is still predicated upon having an every down back. Everything revolves around it. The OL was rebuilt with that in mind.

In addition, if AJ Feeley turns out to be the guy (hopefully), it would make things MUCH easier for him if we had more of a legitimate threat in the backfield.

I like A-Train, and would love to see him here. He's an excellent fit. But for Ogunleye? No way. And throwing in that pile of lard known as Aaron Gibson doesn't change my thinking in the least; his pass protection makes John St. Clair look like Jon Ogden.

I really don't know why everyone is so hesitant to trade O-Gun?!? The guy is NOT going to play a significant amount of games this year and is NOT worth what he is asking. Anyone ever hear the saying: "Flash In The Pan"?

Oboy said:
All my family are Bears fans. Thus I have seen my fair share of Bear's games. I can say I am not that impressed with him. Don't get me wrong, he is a decent back and could help us this year, but I think Ogun is a real big price to pay for him (probably too much). Maybe if they threw in their 1st round pick with Atrain... Otherwise, I would just rather resign Ogun.

Don't worry, dave has made it quite clear in his five years here that he's still a bears fan too. What an insane trade, if it goes through!!! I don't think I'd trade Ogun for any of the RBs rumored for a trade. Just stay the course, use minor and morris, and get edgrin next year

O-Gun is no flash in the pan. A few things...

1) I am not against trading O-Gun. But dont' give him away. Get equal value in return. A-Train isn't equal value.

2) A-Train isn't the answer.

3) I would like to keep O-Gun. Him and JT would guarntee us that BOTH starting DE's will have 10+ sacks each year. That is huge and makes our defense very very good. Take that away and this defense is very average very fast.

Lets sign OGUN for this year only and trade him next for a good draft pick or two. No need to trad for another RB this season especially for OGUN.

KEEP OGUN FOR 04

I would trade a 5th round pick for A-SlowTrain. That is it. That guy is a bust as far as being a full time starter. I believe he would compliment Minor and Morris well, but I would actually rather see Henry get a shot than A-Train.

Back
Top Bottom