A-Train for O-Gun??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A-Train for O-Gun???

CD13 said:
I would trade a 5th round pick for A-SlowTrain. That is it. That guy is a bust as far as being a full time starter. I believe he would compliment Minor and Morris well, but I would actually rather see Henry get a shot than A-Train.

I agree the most AT is only worth a conditioal 5th rounder (if he makes opening day roster). Especially since AT is a FA next year.

Why is everyone so hard on Minor, I really dont understand it. At FSU he carried te load quite well, carrying the ball an average of 184 times in his final 3 years at FSU. While I know thats not nearly what Ricky carried that is also in a shorter college season. If you take that out to a 16 game season he would have had 235 carries. In the platoon situation that is going to be MORE than enough. I got so tired of the offense last year, we were SO predictable, and with Ricky leaving it will force the coaching staff to actually game plan. Rather than get a lead and run Ricky into an early grave, we will have to have a plan of attack which could lead us ....dare I say to the playoffs. We were there without Ricky and will get there again without Ricky. Whether that is this season or not I dont know, but I have faith that Travis will give us a decent running game.

Minor is a "change-of-pace" third down back. I hope I'm proved wrong, but I hope even more that Miami is not in that situation come the first game of the season.

Well said Fins2theend. Minor's not the same type of back as Ricky but I believe he will be a capable starter. We've had that big power back that can run for 30+ carries a game since Wanny took over and we have one playoff win to show for it!

BTW..love your Sig!

i wish people woul quit posting those bills trades for thier back field. thats the worst trade out there they wouldnt want to give their div opponent a star RB and we woldnt want to give them a star DE to add to their growing D.

DUMB :tantrum:

I agree answer385. What do you think about A-Train or O Smith though?

Fins2theend said:
Why is everyone so hard on Minor, I really dont understand it. At FSU he carried te load quite well, carrying the ball an average of 184 times in his final 3 years at FSU.
Where do you see Duke, Clemson, Wake Forest, or North Carolina on our schedule? This isn't FSU. This is college football!

MikeO said:
Where do you see Duke, Clemson, Wake Forest, or North Carolina on our schedule? This isn't FSU. This is college football!

Good point............ummm, wasn't Ryan Leaf a pretty good college QB? :roflmao:

MikeO said:

This is college football, really I guess I missed the memo.....
So I suppose a back like Minor has no chance in the NFL, well if thats the case someone needs to tell that to Warrick Dunn. Who was replaced coincidentally in both high school and college by Minor, and has had a decent NFL career. If you are looking for a comparison Warrick Dunn is it. If we sign Mack it will give us a nice thunder and lightening attack this season, and allow us to keep our draft picks and players. Our passing game willbe improved which helps the running game. But at this point I think our season is going to fall on the shoulders of our defense not the running game. If we do as many have suggested and trade Ogun for a RB we are severely hurting the defense while only moderately upgrading the offense. Lets be honest we are not getting a top tier RB straight up for Ogun. While Ogun I believe is on the verge of being a top tier DE, although he benefits enormously from have the rest of our defense around him. The RB's we have will be fine, they will not give us the monster running game we grew accustomed to in the last two years. But they will be fine for what we are going need to be contenders.

Fins2theend said:
The RB's we have will be fine, they will not give us the monster running game we grew accustomed to in the last two years. But they will be fine for what we are going need to be contenders.
Come on man! No running game AND no passing game? This team needs an every down back ASAP!

Dredd1050 said:
Come on man! No running game AND no passing game? This team needs an every down back ASAP!

NO PASSING GAME!!!! Are you serious? The QB that alot on here doubted, is ahead of Jay ALREADY according to some of the camp reports posted by our faithful members and he is in what day 4 verses the 4 year starter. We added Boston not to mention Trestman and Sullivan. The passing game will be fine, as will the running game. I want to hear who you think we would be able to get at RB.

Fins2theend said:
NO PASSING GAME!!!! Are you serious? The QB that alot on here doubted, is ahead of Jay ALREADY according to some of the camp reports posted by our faithful members and he is in what day 4 verses the 4 year starter. We added Boston not to mention Trestman and Sullivan. The passing game will be fine, as will the running game. I want to hear who you think we would be able to get at RB.

I love your optimism.

MIAMI could probably trade for a good RB. There have been rumors about A-Train, O Smith, S Alexander(long shot). Not to mention guys who can be run every down like S Mack and J Stewart.

Don't cream over this passing offense quite yet.

Ok explain me this what are we going to give up to get these RB's and keep in mind that the Edge has already said that he wants to come back here. So we are basically renting a RB for a year if the Edge comes next year. So is Ogun worth a possible upgrade with a RB like Thomas for one year mind you? The odds of landing Alexander are worse than winning the lottery. Ontarrio Smith is two years removed from knee surgery, and would probably cost picks not players. Stacey Mack and James Taylor are the only possibilities I see and they are probably no better than what we already have. With the exception of Mack's short yardage capabilities.

They should not trade OGUN. Keep the RBs that are on the roster, tweak the offense to adjust to the new RBs. Maybe just maybe Wanny's offense won't be so predictable without RW.

Back
Top Bottom