Aaron Brewer to the Dolphins | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron Brewer to the Dolphins

yes, but re this issue, the plan should be to give tua more time in the pocket so he doesn't have to get rid of it so fast. dont want to be relying on tua to bail out the OL, for once would like the OL to bail out the QB around here!
The main reason he gets rid of the ball so fast so often is because the offense is designed that way. It's timing based and Tua is throwing to a spot on the field where the receiver is going to be usually before the receiver has even begun to look for the ball.

The main reason he gets rid of the ball so fast so often is because the offense is designed that way. It's timing based and Tua is throwing to a spot on the field where the receiver is going to be usually before the receiver has even begun to look for the ball.
True.

But that doesn't always work - especially when the other teams know it's coming. By being able to give Tua another 1 to 2 seconds (which is commonly available to other teams QB's), a whole new dimension of plays become available and the defenses we play will need to accommodate that.

The part that I'm excited about is that by all reports he is an upgrade as a run blocker even over Williams who was a really good run blocker for us. Compared to Eich it's not even close. I firmly believe that the biggest difference between our run game (and overall offense) that was on a record setting pace and our run game and offense at the end of the season was the huge downgrade at C. That C position is one of the keys to this system. Arguably it may be the most critical offensive position after QB.

If Brewer is as advertised then I like the prospects for our offense to look more like the one that was on a record setting pace before Williams got hurt. Obviously there's still more work to be done on the interior OL, but this signing may end up being the key that re-opens this offense's potential.
Agree with this take and it’s why I desperately want us to bring back Connor Williams to play LG.

First of all, he’s as athletic and as familiar with this system as any guard we’re going to find on the market. So he’ll be a real asset for the offense as a starting LG on his own accord.

But second of all, we protect against what happened last year. When Connor went down, our OL fell apart because an athletic center really is the most critical piece of the puzzle and Eichenberg (1) isn’t a center, (2) isn’t athletic, and (3) sucks.

Bringing back Williams means that if Brewer misses time, we can just slide in another elite center and plug LG with a more natural fit like Eichenberg or Jones.

Agree with this take and it’s why I desperately want us to bring back Connor Williams to play LG.

First of all, he’s as athletic and as familiar with this system as any guard we’re going to find on the market. So he’ll be a real asset for the offense as a starting LG on his own accord.

But second of all, we protect against what happened last year. When Connor went down, our OL fell apart because an athletic center really is the most critical piece of the puzzle and Eichenberg (1) isn’t a center, (2) isn’t athletic, and (3) sucks.

Bringing back Williams means that if Brewer misses time, we can just slide in another elite center and plug LG with a more natural fit like Eichenberg or Jones.

This makes a lot of sense.
What is happening to this board? - LOL

Love the idea, but the last bit of rumors we've heard about Connor's injury sounds serious.

Would also love this, but what’s being said around the internet (which of course it isn’t always accurate) is that Connor’s injury is so severe that he may end up having to retire.

yes. but the first read is not always open. that was when the offense started to break down against better teams in the end of the year. can't be a one trick pony offense, need to be able to more consistently give the QB time, and take pressure off Tua so he doesn't have to operate this way on every play. every offense is more effective when the QB has more time to throw the ball. also tua is not a running QB either

True.

But that doesn't always work - especially when the other teams know it's coming. By being able to give Tua another 1 to 2 seconds (which is commonly available to other teams QB's), a whole new dimension of plays become available and the defenses we play will need to accommodate that.
Well, from what I can see watching Brewer, I don't believe he will hamper the pass pro when the play calls for true pass sets and slower-developing plays. I challenge anyone to produce a clip where Brewer got bullrushed into the QB's lap so fast that it blew up the play and it wasn't more about the QB holding the ball too long.
As fast as Hill and Waddle get to the called-for depth on their routes, 2 more seconds isn't that useful.

Well, from what I can see watching Brewer, I don't believe he will hamper the pass pro when the play calls for true pass sets and slower-developing plays. I challenge anyone to produce a clip where Brewer got bullrushed into the QB's lap so fast that it blew up the play and it wasn't more about the QB holding the ball too long.
As fast as Hill and Waddle get to the called-for depth on their routes, 2 more seconds isn't that useful.
That's true as long as you are focused on plays that only require 2-second windows.

I am claiming that longer protection times allow for the use of longer developing plays. The longer developing plays allow for more deception on routes and can even be bolstered by a running game using delayed runs.

This would also enhance our faster plays, since the defenses will be hurt if they can't get at our QB in 2-seconds. The more players they send against the OL, the fewer they will have in coverage.

Do you see where I'm going. - Good!

If you don't see where I'm going, that is also good because it means there might be teams out there that also will "not see what we are doing", and they will pay for it in 1st downs and long drives by our Offense.

After careful review of this post, I can only reach one conclusion.
I AM GOOD!

Eat that up, all you "Lemmings" out there. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom