Aaron Brewer to the Dolphins | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron Brewer to the Dolphins

There are more than a couple people that don't like this signing and I think that's where the addition of an eat crow emoji may come in handy :chuckle:
I will gladly and eagerly eat crow if he turns out to be a positive to the team. I don't get any satisfaction from being right when a player that I thinks sucks does bad. I'm a Fins fan, I've been aching for them to win another Bowl before I die, but I don't have to blindly cheer every move Grier makes. I will root for him when he's on the field.

I will gladly and eagerly eat crow if he turns out to be a positive to the team. I don't get any satisfaction from being right when a player that I thinks sucks does bad. I'm a Fins fan, I've been aching for them to win another Bowl before I die, but I don't have to blindly cheer every move Grier makes. I will root for him when he's on the field.
Same!

This CAN'T be our Center move going forward. I have to believe that either Jackson Powers-Johnson or Graham Barton are in the plans. There are lots of good Center prospects in this draft although I want no part of that Georgia Center.

it just dawned on me, the wierd thing about this guy is he is a great run blocker, but a terrible pass blocker. i think he graded out the worst of all starting centers pass blocking. one would think if can drive guys off the ball and be a great run blocker, it would translate well to pass blocking? i don't get it? maybe different technique? or maybe he is just small, and he excels at run blocking because he can move and pull, but is not big or strong enough to hold up in pass blocking? i don't get it, wonder what explanation the dolphins would give for the disparity as to why he is good at one and not the other, and if they have a roadmap to fix it?

it just dawned on me, the wierd thing about this guy is he is a great run blocker, but a terrible pass blocker. i think he graded out the worst of all starting centers pass blocking. one would think if can drive guys off the ball and be a great run blocker, it would translate well to pass blocking? i don't get it? maybe different technique? or maybe he is just small, and he excels at run blocking because he can move and pull, but is not big or strong enough to hold up in pass blocking? i don't get it, wonder what explanation the dolphins would give for the disparity as to why he is good at one and not the other, and if they have a roadmap to fix it?
Wynn was a bust, as was Austin Jackson. And then we hired a OLine guy that when fired from his last job, players Cheered. Yet, both of them had career years before being hurt. Kendall Lamm was very good in place of Armstead. Brewer should be fine.

This CAN'T be our Center move going forward. I have to believe that either Jackson Powers-Johnson or Graham Barton are in the plans. There are lots of good Center prospects in this draft although I want no part of that Georgia Center.
Why can't he be our center going forward?

The main differences are that the run game concepts in Tennessee are similar to the ones used in Miami, but the pass game concepts aren't. He is exceptional at blocking would be tacklers on the move. That's something that many OL struggle with. But he isn't as good at anchoring. He's a 295 lb guy who isn't ideally suited to holding up 330 lb guys one on one. He can do it when his technique is on but he has less margin for error than a bigger guy would. In Tennessee, he was asked to pass block NT one on one more often than the Cs in Miami are. Therefore the stats look less favorable in those situations and it's something that's easy for a lay fan to see and b*tch about. In Miami, the C is most often used as as a help defender in pass pro. What matters most for a Miami C is the ability to run block on the move and be smart in pass pro. So the short answer is you fix it by having him do more of what he's good at and less at what he struggles with.

The main differences are that the run game concepts in Tennessee are similar to the ones used in Miami, but the pass game concepts aren't. He is exceptional at blocking would be tacklers on the move. That's something that many OL struggle with. But he isn't as good at anchoring. He's a 295 lb guy who isn't ideally suited to holding up 330 lb guys one on one. He can do it when his technique is on but he has less margin for error than a bigger guy would. In Tennessee, he was asked to pass block NT one on one more often than the Cs in Miami are. Therefore the stats look less favorable in those situations and it's something that's easy for a lay fan to see and b*tch about. In Miami, the C is most often used as as a help defender in pass pro. What matters most for a Miami C is the ability to run block on the move and be smart in pass pro. So the short answer is you fix it by having him do more of what he's good at and less at what he struggles with.
Also, one should compare how long the Titans' QBs held the ball before getting the pass away. When Tannehill was in Miami it seemed like fans often complained that too. Then, Levis being a rookie was doing a lot of the same. Tua is known for how quickly he gets rid of the ball.

ahh very interesting. thanks very much. i had no idea the c is used as a help defender in pass pro in the miami system. if the center is helping to block the guy the guard is blocking, who blocks the guy the center is supposed to block? unless only a 4 man rush, often times there are as many as more guys rushing as blocking? you sound like you know what you are talking about, may be hard to describe how it works but if you have time and can do it in third grade terms, i would be curious. thx again for the response

Also, one should compare how long the Titans' QBs held the ball before getting the pass away. When Tannehill was in Miami it seemed like fans often complained that too. Then, Levis being a rookie was doing a lot of the same. Tua is known for how quickly he gets rid of the ball.
yes, but re this issue, the plan should be to give tua more time in the pocket so he doesn't have to get rid of it so fast. dont want to be relying on tua to bail out the OL, for once would like the OL to bail out the QB around here!

Because he’s 275 pounds?

Back
Top Bottom