Aaron Brewer to the Dolphins | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron Brewer to the Dolphins

Yea he has had some significant issues pass blocking- I wasn’t challenging that…however being “physically weak” is not one of them- do some research
To each his own. He's not winning any strong man contests. He's physically weak for a Center the NFL.

Patriots rotated Shaq Mason and Onwenu into their lineup. They seem to make it more a normal game to game transition. For instance, if Brady needed to bail the team out in the 4th quarter, then play the better pass protection guard. Or if their extra OL is much better at run block than a 2nd TE that also offer little to the passing game. I think they also did a swap by quarter as a method to give real game experience and build depth. With a quick passing game, there are probably some ways to get away 'experimenting' than other teams can't risk.

It's more about putting players into successful situations, which for the Dolphins may mean avoiding the 350 lb NT that can't be move and can push the protect and not carrying a Kroft on the active roster for 3 TEs sets. When Pouncey was rookie, he was light in the pants yet the short yardage offense require him to overpower instead of using his pulling ability.

Yea he has had some significant issues pass blocking- I wasn’t challenging that…however being “physically weak” is not one of them- do some research

From Titans stats at end of Dec 2023:
"Brewer leads the league in pressures allowed by a center and is second in sacks allowed. That doesn’t even take into account the issue he has had with bad shotgun snaps at times."

To each his own. He's not winning any strong man contests. He's physically weak for a Center the NFL.
No, not “to each his own”- it’s a fact that Brewer is athletic, and explosive- he is powerful- but he is a lighter Center, which is a huge issue regarding his ability to anchor in pass protection- which is super concerning… that being said, these stats are marred by the issues the titans had on the Oline, regarding injuries to their guards, and how that changed Brewers responsibilities as well as playing with 3 different QBs, one who historically holds the ball too long, and 2 younger QBs, who will hold the ball too long due to their development- as well as Brewers own shortcomings… I would guess that due to the issues mentioned he is not the worst in pass protection as PFF suggests- but I also don’t think that means he is overly proficient at it either due to his issues as well… but by no means is he “physically weak”

"Brewer leads the league in pressures allowed by a center and is second in sacks allowed. That doesn’t even take into account the issue he has had with bad shotgun snaps at times."
Yea I’m aware of all this as I have been reading up about him since January… nothing about “physically weak” I see

No, not “to each his own”- it’s a fact that Brewer is athletic, and explosive- he is powerful- but he is a lighter Center, which is a huge issue regarding his ability to anchor in pass protection- which is super concerning… that being said, these stats are marred by the issues the titans had on the Oline, regarding injuries to their guards, and how that changed Brewers responsibilities as well as playing with 3 different QBs, one who historically holds the ball too long, and 2 younger QBs, who will hold the ball too long due to their development- as well as Brewers own shortcomings… I would guess that due to the issues mentioned he is not the worst in pass protection as PFF suggests- but I also don’t think that means he is overly proficient at it either due to his issues as well… but by no means is he “physically weak”
I think the guy sucks, but I'll end it here...circular conversation.

PFF tracks pressures and such and had him rated as the 12th best center last year. In terms of pressures, the Titans in general gave up a LOT of sacks -- second highest sack rate per pass in the NFL. You are going to give up a lot of pressures when the two starters you had are either a 35 yard QB who has lost the mobility they had and the other is a rookie.

I think the guy sucks, but I'll end it here...circular conversation.
He’ll be fantastic in regards to our running game- his pass protection is concerning, but I don’t think all the issues were solely in relation to his ability as a Center… hopefully with scheme and an improved supporting cast he’ll put this criticism to bed

He’ll be fantastic in regards to our running game- his pass protection is concerning, but I don’t think all the issues were solely in relation to his ability as a Center… hopefully with scheme and an improved supporting cast he’ll put this criticism to bed
Butch Barry will work his magic.

You will now have to apologize for using the word "illegal". Please, it's an undocumented man downfield penalty.
Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE

There are legitimate concerns about Brewer's pass protection abilities or lack thereof. He's not the biggest of guys either at 270lbs. But he appears to be able to offset his lack of size with his tremendous athletic ability and movement skills. As a fan I'm nervous his lack of pass protection will carry over with the Dolphins. And could potentially get someone hurt, most notably Tua.

The guy isn't perfect. But almost every OLinemen that coach Barry, coached last season, improved in all phases of the game. I'm truly hopeful, that the issues Brewer has in pass protection will be rectified under the tutelage of Butch Barry.

There are legitimate concerns about Brewer's pass protection abilities or lack thereof. He's not the biggest of guys either at 270lbs. But he appears to be able to offset his lack of size with his tremendous athletic ability and movement skills. As a fan I'm nervous his lack of pass protection will carry over with the Dolphins. And could potentially get someone hurt, most notably Tua.

The guy isn't perfect. But almost every OLinemen that coach Barry, coached last season, improved in all phases of the game. I'm truly hopeful, that the issues Brewer has in pass protection will be rectified under the tutelage of Butch Barry.
He's currently listed at 295 lbs. He was listed at 274 before 2020 draft.

SUPER BOWL BOUND.

Back
Top Bottom