About how much will we be over the cap in 2005? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About how much will we be over the cap in 2005?

Well Howard at worst is a decent #2 CB. We'll get our replacement eventually.

Are there any salary cap advantages to our interim head coach cutting both Howard and Fiedler in the next few weeks? Can we get any relief in advance of 2005?

Hostile 17 said:
Are there any salary cap advantages to our interim head coach cutting both Howard and Fiedler in the next few weeks? Can we get any relief in advance of 2005?

No salary cap advantage. I didn't check but I think Howard is a vested veteran.
You can see the dead money figures here. Clump calls it dead cap.

http://www.finheaven.com/seasonal/salaries.php

i think your very right poole is the best choice

i think we should trade trade trade in want hurt

Any thoughts of trading Surtain and the #1 pick for James?

How come nobody has mentioned Zach as being traded or cut? I like the way he plays and has been a cornerstone of the D for years however he has been banged up quite a bit the last 2 years and it wasn't as if this D was dominant this year with him. When he was out this D played decent - with him or without him the run defense was pretty bad. He has a big cap # and it's time to start rebuilding this D with some youth. Also, I didn't think Zach's comments were very welcoming to Saban when he said the players today don't need any motivation ( I took it to reference a rah rah college guy). I disagree with Zach - ALL players perform better with extra motivation - ask Jimmy J or Parcells what they think about that. It's amazing how players perform better in contract years - everyone plays better when pushed and very few can push themselves to the point that coaches can't take it further. There has to be som etough calls on aging players with high salaries if we are to rebuild - you can't just say cut Jay and we're fine - some good guys will have to go and I'd say we can afford a hit at LB before some other positions.

Zach won't be going any where.. All I see hapening big is Fiedler cut or traded, Seau Cut or traded (or Retire) and Surtain cut or traded..

Philter25 said:
:lol:

Only when im REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY high and have no idea what I am saying.

Ok, how about this:

Edge
Colts' 2nd and 3rd round picks

for

Surtain
Dolphins #1

Comments?

Why give up the #2 pick in the draft and a good corner for a RB with some wear and tear on him when there is many other options in FA and the draft? Unless the colts do not franchise edge then it is doubtful that he is coming to miami.

cstu said:
Ok, how about this:

Edge
Colts' 2nd and 3rd round picks

for

Surtain
Dolphins #1

Comments?
He is a free agent, keyword FREE. Meaning if the Colts dont tag him, we can get him for FREE!

Do you think that Boston is done in Miami?

Would be nice to see if he can produce #'s close to what he did a few years ago in AZ.

Epecially for the money that is making.:evil:

Hello everyone, this is my first time on the site and let me say I am very impressed with what I've read so far.. As for trading the our #2 for Edge and they're 2nd and 3rd is not a smart move. Edge has not run the ball with the same sense of purpose or intensity since coming back from his knee injury. Why not try to make a move for Alexander who has not had the injuries and is also younger than Edge?

Back
Top Bottom