About how much will we be over the cap in 2005? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About how much will we be over the cap in 2005?

It appears the Phins will be a very nice position against the cap this year as everyone on this board had the Fiedler numbers way off. (that's not a slam, I didn't even keep the numbers so I didn't have the chance to miss one)

We saved closerto 7 million than 4 million. That's close to 3 mil right there and will sign a guy by its self.

Miami needs to be smart this year and trim even more next year and be a player in 2007 again. I don't think we can realistically rebuild the team in one year.

PhinsTD said:
It appears the Phins will be a very nice position against the cap this year as everyone on this board had the Fiedler numbers way off. (that's not a slam, I didn't even keep the numbers so I didn't have the chance to miss one)

We saved closerto 7 million than 4 million. That's close to 3 mil right there and will sign a guy by its self.

Miami needs to be smart this year and trim even more next year and be a player in 2007 again. I don't think we can realistically rebuild the team in one year.

PhinsTD, no criticism of you but this is an old thread from September of last year. Which was too early to realistically talk about the New Year IMO.

At the time Fiedler's $2 million roster bonus was reported by most sources as being eliminated. It was eliminiated in 2004 but rescheduled to 2005 which only Jason Cole reported and not reported by other sources until January 2005. If you add the $2 million to the $4 million savings it's $6 million which is what we are talking about now.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=67003

What does all this put us at? saving 4 mil on Chambers, 5 mil on cutting Fiedlier, 2.5 mil on Tim Bowens, 1.5 mil on cutting Jay Williams, 2-3 mil on cutting Freeman, and soon to be McIntosh and a Surtain trade. I think that just about makes us even with the things we already did

Back
Top Bottom