Abramson: Source says Dolphins like Cyrus Kouandjio | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Abramson: Source says Dolphins like Cyrus Kouandjio

Seems like too much of a reach at 19, maybe trade down or try in the second. I like him at RT but i would have to hope his decline from a top 10 talent is only a 1 year thing and that he can pick it up if we do pick him.

if hickey really liked this guy as a possible selection for us at #19, i can guarantee you that information would have never leaked out of the building. this is probably a ploy to improve the odds of moses (or someone else hickey likes) still being there in round 2. just the fact that it is a leak about the O-line at all pretty much convinces me we are going in a different direction (LB, TE, or secondary) in round 1. just using the fact that everyone knows we need O-lineman to misdirect on the player and the position.

All these mock drafts saying Martin or Mosely, must be too close for comfort, so a smokescreen was needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exactly why abramson is full of ****. What kind of journalist would release a report based on his "sources". And immediately after tweet this?

“@AbramsonPBP: I have reason to believe Dolphins liking Kouandjio & planning to move Misi to MLB isn't a smokescreen. But you never really know until draft”

If you don't trust your sources, why are you reporting it? What Florida considers acceptable sports journalism is easily then lowest standard in the country.

Guys..We're so ****ed this year. I think the Bucs have it.

EDIT - this was my buddy who wrote this.. The bucs might have it though /sarcasm.

Of all the OL that could get drafted in rounds 1 and 2 he is the one I want the least. Injuries and weight concerns scare me with this player. No way Hickey takes him at 19 IMO.

player i see a lot of in kouanjo even after this season is keleche osemele for the ravens and a 2nd round pick...right tackle left guard who as a pro has been better kicked inside at guard...but may be moving back outside to right tackle with oher moving on depending on what the ravens do at tackle in the draft...

similar players imo...

All these mock drafts saying Martin or Mosely, must be too close for comfort, so a smokescreen was needed.

Those are the two names I see the most on the mock drafts. Martin will probably be gone though IMO.

Smokescreen. He does not fit our scheme. Moving Misi to MLB is another smokescreen. Interest in WR another smokescreen.

We are looking at Mosely or Shazier LB. Also interest in TE Ebron or Amaro. OT may happen if MArtin or Lewan drop. After that maybe a CB or a S but I doubt it.

Wow, you mean we might actually pursue a guy who was rated higher earlier than he is today? What a concept. Jeff Ireland did that perhaps once in his life and stumbled onto Reggie Bush. You can argue that Grimes is a second example.

Throw away the fear. That's what I do when I bet college sports based on preseason ratings. A basketball team that was rated 50th among 330 starting the years gets off to a rocky start. Everyone sours on them. The power ratings plunge them down to 180 or 220. But that's when the value kicks in. The talent level really does equate to 50th and you take advantage once they naturally return to their rightful level, long before the power ratings catch up.

No different with Cyrus. As hoops emphasized, he was an elite prospect less than a year ago. Preferred above Fluker virtually unanimous.

Who cares if others have soured on him? As long as the injury concern is overblown this is the type of situation that is ideal. I posted a link in the draft forum a few hours ago on very early 2014 mock drafts immediately following the 2013 draft. Cyrus is near the top in all of those versions.

Besides, while some Alabama kids may not fully pan out, their offensive line is so special in their dominant years that you have to give those guys the benefit of a doubt, when top notch athletic ability is part of the package. That Notre Dame defensive front seven was not only effective and tough but it had lots of highly rated guys. The Tide made them look pathetic.

Wow, you mean we might actually pursue a guy who was rated higher earlier than he is today? What a concept. Jeff Ireland did that perhaps once in his life and stumbled onto Reggie Bush. You can argue that Grimes is a second example.

Throw away the fear. That's what I do when I bet college sports based on preseason ratings. A basketball team that was rated 50th among 330 starting the years gets off to a rocky start. Everyone sours on them. The power ratings plunge them down to 180 or 220. But that's when the value kicks in. The talent level really does equate to 50th and you take advantage once they naturally return to their rightful level, long before the power ratings catch up.

No different with Cyrus. As hoops emphasized, he was an elite prospect less than a year ago. Preferred above Fluker virtually unanimous.

Who cares if others have soured on him? As long as the injury concern is overblown this is the type of situation that is ideal. I posted a link in the draft forum a few hours ago on very early 2014 mock drafts immediately following the 2013 draft. Cyrus is near the top in all of those versions.

Besides, while some Alabama kids may not fully pan out, their offensive line is so special in their dominant years that you have to give those guys the benefit of a doubt, when top notch athletic ability is part of the package. That Notre Dame defensive front seven was not only effective and tough but it had lots of highly rated guys. The Tide made them look pathetic.

I can't find that link that you posted in the draft forum, where is it?

ps I found it.

If our new GM is leaking our draft plans already...can we just go ahead and fire him now? Anyone that believes any of this is gullible as hell.

Back
Top Bottom